O--- 5

Obsession

Joy walked to the market alone as she received an order from the big boss (her mother) to buy some groceries. Well, as a hardcore of Kai, she actually noticed Kai who was walking into the same market. And she purposely walked near Kai, just to see him closer.

"Tall. Handsome. y lips. Oh how can I not fall for for him?" Joy whispered, describing Kai. She smiled, imaganing how great it will be if Kai purpose her as his girlfriend. "I'll be the luckiest and happiest woman on the Earth."

Suddenly her phone rang, automatically woke her up from those dreams. "Mom" Joy exhaled hard. "Yes, mother?"

"Where are you? Have you buy what I asked?'

"Mom, I just arrived here. I haven't even take the trolly and you called, asking me whether I already buy it or not? Seriously?"  Joy shook her head.

"Okay then. But make sure not too late. Or else you'll have your dinner late."

"Okay mom!" she hang up the phone and when she looked up, Kai was not there anymore! Joy sighed.

She then went to search for the things needed. After put all the groceries in the trolly, she went to the counter to pay. Luckily the counter was not packed. It only took few minutes and then she went out from the market. She looked at the sky. It's getting dark. She should've go home before the dawn as she's scared of dark.

"It's okay, there's still a few light. I need to rush home." The lamp road was switched on and that made Joy felt quite relieved. But still, the lamp road wasn't enough. She ran quickly without turning back. She then suddenly stopped when she saw a shadow.

She couldn't think of anything else except for ghost. She wanted to run away but she was too scared. The plastic bags she was holding also fell to the ground. Sweats running through her face. She quickly bent down to pick up the plastics. But too bad, the plastic that was filled with tomatoes was torned, caused the tomatoes to rolling on the ground.

Joy let out a heavy sigh. She could see from the corner of her eyes, the shadow was coming near. She got fed up from trying to put the tomatoes back into the torned plastic bag. She then cried, imagining how hideous  and scary the ghost will be look like.

Suddenly Joy felt her shoulder was touched. She cried even more. "This ghost has haaanndsss. It can touch meeee." 

"Joy is that you?" A male voice was heard.

"This ghost can taaallkk. Moooommm it knows my naaamee. Mom help mee" she screech with scaredness. 

"I'm not a ghost."

"Of course! There are no ghost that claims himself as a ghost tho!" she said, without even looking at the 'ghost'.

The 'ghost' then changed his position, bent down infront of Joy. "Hey, look up. it's me, Kai."

Joy was surprised hearing that name. Her heart was pounding hard. Is this a fate? She slowly raised head. Oh my god it's really Kai! What the hell have I done? Why did I even emberrassing myself? The worse part is, Kai is now looking at my ugly sobbing face!

Oh my god I wish I can disappear right now!

"Joy?" Kai called her name.

"....Yeaahh?"

"Are you okay?" Joy nodded hesitately. "Hey were you crying? Don't worry, I'm not a ghost. I'm Kai. Do you still remember me?" he asked again, and Joy nodded once before she looked down to the ground.

"What are you doing here alone? Where's your house? Come, I'll walk you home." Kai helped Joy to stand up. Then he bent down again to pick those damn tomatoes. He put the tomatoes in other plastic bag.

"Are you still scared? Don't worry, nothing will harm you as long as I'm here." 

Kai, you have no idea how does those simple words make me feel touched and fall for you even more.

They both walked to Joy's home. The road actually wasn't too dark. It was not even to narrow. But Joy was too scared that she thought there's a ghost following her.

When they arrived at Joy's place, they saw Minho standing infront of the door. She looked at Kai and then to Minho back.

"Oppa? What are you doing here?"

Minho looked at both of them with a dark expression. "Nothing. Just to check you out." He walked pass them to his own house. He then stopped and turned to them. "There are so many bad people who pretend to be nice these days. So, be careful." With that, he left.