Intractable Power

The Gaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, I arrived in school earlier than I initially expected. 

Why? So that I can stay away from those girls and boys who keep screaming for the royals, it's equal parts annoying and disgusting. Some of the fan girls even offered the royals their food, and told them that it was their cooking... could they be any more transparent? 

As I keep on walking, thinking about those fakers, I almost trip when I accidentally stepped on my unraveling shoelaces before I feel a strong grip on my left arm, preventing me from the fall, and the books that were in my hand are now floating in front of me .. 

Why aren't they falling?!

I tilt my head a bit to see the most beautiful eyes that I've ever seen, and his messy dark brown hair makes him looks y, and those lips... I just can't take my eyes off of him, only then I hear a small cough... 

And I snap out of my trance-like state and realize that I was staring at him while his grip was still on me...

"Err, I'm... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I apologise without looking at him. My eyes fall to the floating books, and I realize that he used his power to prevent my books from falling, so it's telekinesis... 

AWESOME!

"Are you okay?" He says. 

Oh. My. God! He talks!

His voice was deep and rich, not to mention so addictive- damn what is happening to me?! I shouldn't feel this way, but I still reply his question with a small nod as I raise my head and meet his eyes... 

It is the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen, those long, full lashes make me jealous...  

Really? I'm being jealous over this stranger's beautiful eyelashes?  

"Okay" the man that was carved by the god talks again, and now the books are floating towards me and landed softly on my hand with a plop as I straighten my back after he release his grip... 

"By the way, I'm Carl  ... You should tie your shoelaces, I won't be there to help you always you know?" He says and walks away... 

Wait, was that a piece of advice or just stupid sarcasm? What did he mean by always?! And what was the point of telling me his name? 

15 minutes later, I'm already seated in class, and surprisingly, those horrible words that I've been receiving for almost 3 years are finally decreasing. Are they already tired of bothering me? Or they finally get bored? 

Well, please do... Because I am tired and extremely exhausted with everything..

The bell rings...

Students are in their respective seats except for the transferred students? They just got transferred and they're skipping class already? Heh!

"Hello class, our lesson today is on how to energize yourself after using your power too much. This lesson is very important for defense, battle or rescuing... Please focus and go to the main field... I 'unlocked' it a few minutes ago... " Mr. LaBouf says and everyone in the class is heading to the main field ...

One of the students is currently practicing with Mr. LaBouf when I spot Jake, Miley and Katherine are heading toward us with a neutral expression on their faces, 

what the hell? 

They're late and didn't even bother to ask for an apology from Mr. LaBouf.

My classmate, Serena opens a little and black smoke comes out from and heads to the air, she uses her hand to manipulate the direction of the smoke and she aims it to one of the trees in the corner of the field, and the tree goes down in flames. 

It must have been some type of hot ashes, that explains why the tree burned.. 

Awww, my poor baby, it's okay, I'll heal you later. 

After Serene showed her power to the students in the class, Mr. LaBouf is now teaching her how to energize her power when suddenly, 10 more students are walking towards Mr. LaBouf and I spot a familiar face in the crowd...Carl!

He approaches Mr. LaBouf and tells him something . 

"Okay Class, today, these students will join us in the energizing lesson since their homeroom teacher is unable to be here today. And students, you are welcomed to join us," Mr.LaBouf says to us and the students... And when I look at Carl, his eyes meet mine, and his y lips turns up into a smirk. 

I can see he's currently hanging out with Jake, Katherine, Miley and the other 3 students, which I believe their names are, Darren, Harry, and Mike. 

WAIT?! Carl is one of the royals!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter