The Letter

The Gaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is a normal schedule day at my school. I felt so suffocated at my school being 'power locked' all the time. All those purebloods don't even bother to learn or study since they can use their power to hire normal people to work for them. If they insisted, that's mean they just book a death. Today I took the bus to go home, since I'm not really in the mood to walk.

When I came home, I only tend to give way to my bedroom, have a nice shower and then catch some Z's. But I picked up a brown envelope on the table and my name was written on it. I think it's not an official letter since my name was written in a very nice handwriting. I opened the letter.

 

 

                 "Dear Minyoung, This is your eomma. I’m sorry I haven't visited you in the past two weeks. Eomma and Appa can't find a good time to sneak in your house since all those purebloods near your house has been increasing since the apartment was built.

 

Minyoung-ah, we know you're having a hard time living in that world as a mudblood. We're sorry you were born that way and we can do nothing about it my sweetie. Eomma and Appa have been missing you a lot.

 

Sweetie, I just want to let you know, lately your appa is not in a very good condition and he can't go to work. As for me, I have to take care of him since he's been coughing a lot and very weak to take care things at home. I’m sorry that I’m not giving you this letter along with the money for your school fees; I don't have any money right now my dear, Minyoung. Mianhae, Minyoung-ah. Eomma jinjja Mianhae ..

 

Eomma and Appa can't support you right now Minyoung-ah. We can't give you money, we can't take care of you, what kind of parents we are, Minyoung ah? We're sorry that you were born that way, but we are really thankful to have you as our child. We are sorry that we're powerless for you and disappoint you in a bunch of ways.

 

Uri Dal, from now on, just lived your life on your own. Act like you don't have any parents from the start. We are useless for you. We can't do anything to help you.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                Love, Eomma and Appa."

 

 

What are they talking about? They never disappoint me. They are the best parents in the whole world. What have I done?! I shouldn't come into this world from the very beginning. Eomma, Appa please don’t do this. You're the only important things for me, It's because of you guys that I lived until now. I let the tears flow as I look at the letter many times... This feels like a dream. Have I been a burden to them? Have I made their life harder than they imagined?

Minyoung-ah, stop crying. Eomma and Appa don’t mean this. They had to since they have no money to support you and you have to be independent start from now. Eomma, Appa, Don't worry... If you don’t have money to support me, then I’ll find a way to support us. I wiped my tears as I get up, Put the letter in the small drawer beside my bed.

I changed my outfit into a jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I grab my purse and head out to find a part-time job. This is the only solution I’ve got to get some money for my school fees and my parents. But the only ways I can get a job easily is in the Normal world and pretend that I’m powerless.

'JOB VACANCY' there it is! Finally found it! I entered the shop to meet the manager and interviewing, I guess?

"What can we help you with, young girl?" A middle age looking guys asked.

"Err... I... I heard there were a job vacancy here, Sir. So I would like to ask if it’s still available." Why was I stuttering? This is the only chance and the shop looks good as well...

"Yes, we are, but aren't you too young for this?"  He looked at me seriously, waiting for my answer.

"I’m not; I’m in middle Year in High School. I can promise you to come here once I finished my schedule at school. “I looked right into his eyes, hoping that he will see my determination.

"Which high school are you in?" He asked again.

"I erm... I... I'm in SM High" As soon as I said that, He stands up and back off from where he is just now. His body began to stir; I can see he looked so afraid. Was it because I’m from SM High? I wonder why?

"Sir, please don't be afraid of me. I won't do anything to you, I just need a job." I took a step forward before He blurted out...

"Don't come here! Step back! How come I don't have to be afraid of you when your kind killed my whole family right in front of my eyes? Get away from me, don't take a step closer! I’m begging you, please!" His body started to shake badly. I suddenly felt bad, should I tell him my situation? Will he believe me?<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter