Don't Dance With Him (Junhoe)

Wait For Me ~Boy Group Oneshots~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: BigBang_Kris

Written by: tofujagi

 

The iKON members bounced around in their practice studio filled with excitement. Their CEO shared some special news that caused them to become all giddy. Bobby’s bunny-like teeth appeared with the bright smile he showed off. “Couple dance?!” he exclaimed. “We each get to perform with a girl?!”

Jinhwan couldn’t hide his enthusiasm either and fidgeted in his seat. “I’m so nervous. I heard that they’ll all be coming here soon.”

Right after Jinhwan’s comment, the boys heard the door handle turn. They all glanced at each other before rushing to stand beside each other in a line. Yunhyeong hurried to fix Donghyuk’s hair, and Donghyuk returned the favor by straightening Yunhyeong’s slightly wrinkled shirt. The six girls walked into the room in an orderly fashion. Yunhyeong nudged B.I, who stood next to him, and whisper-shouted, “They’re so pretty!”

A staff member then stood between the males and females with a clipboard in her hand. She flipped the first page over and scanned the paper with details. To ask for everyone’s attention, she cleared . The voices lowered in volume to listen.

“As you all have heard, for the next two weeks, you will be paired with a member of the opposite gender for a couple dance. We actually had your seniors like BIGBANG and 2NE1 vote on who to pair you up with, so I’ll announce that soon enough.”

Though no one met eyes, they all felt the same feeling of anticipation as well as stress. It has been a while since they prepared for a couple dance with another trainee whom they barely met.

“You’ll each be performing a song of your choice. The day before your performances, I’ll return here to have you all draw numbers to see the order you’ll perform in.”

Junhoe took secret glances over at the girls, well, one particular girl. He wanted to be paired with his crush, Jang Jahye. He knew that they would be a power couple and show an outstanding performance. Just then, Jahye’s eyes met his. Tint of red grew on Junhoe’s cheeks, and he looked elsewhere right away.

“Kim Jinhwan, you’ll be paired up with Kim Jennie. B.I will be with Park Chaeyoung. Song Yunhyeong and Kim Jisoo will be one team. Bobby and Cho Miyeon will perform together.”

She took a minute to breathe. Then she continued. “That leaves…”

Junhoe scanned the remaining members who still had no partner yet. He did a happy dance in his mind. Yes! It’s possible that Jahye will end up me with me! He could not wait for them to get to know each other more as well as create the perfect couple dance.

“…Koo Junhoe and Jang Hanna, one team. And last, Kim Donghyuk and Jang Jahye.”

Junhoe’s heart dropped. He watched as Jahye walked over to Donghyuk and high-fived him. Hanna approached Junhoe. “This is the second time we’ll be working together. You ready?”

Even if he did not end up with Jahye, he would still give his all in the performance with Hanna. Koo Junhoe did not like to lose.

The teams split up to their respective areas to brainstorm for their choreography. Jahye leaned against the staircase while Donghyuk sat on a step and rested his chin on his fist. “Is there anything specific you want to do?” Jahye asked.

“Not really,” Dongyuk replied, “but I want to exceed the judges’ expectation while I keep my color.”

After several ideas, Jahye suggested a y dance. She studied Donghyuk’s reaction in which he did not hide his surprise well at all.

“Come on. It’s not like you’re unfamiliar with y dances. I’m pretty sure you tore your shirt about five times on TV already and for your fans.”

“I never tore my shirt in front of a girl I had to work with though!” he exclaimed.

“It’ll be fine,” Jahye assured. “Do you have any other suggestions then?”

“No… fine. Let’s do that. Now for the song.”

With two weeks given to practice, every team danced over and over for many hours until they were sure it would please the judges.

The evening before their performance day, the same staff who announced their partners, returned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter