Chapter 5: I Love You More...

At the Beginning With You

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo have been in the jewelry shop for more than 2 hours as Ji Hyo was confused about which wedding band she liked more. Jong Kook was in a hurry as they still had an appointment with the hotel owner in about an hour's time. 

" Jagiya, have you made up your mind? We still have to go to the hotel later, " Jong Kook asked her, trying his best to hide his urgency. 

 Ji Hyo was confused about whether she should go for a simple or a more sophisticated design for their wedding rings. She narrowed down her options from five to two, but she could not make the final decision.  But then, she thought about her relationship with Jong Kook, each and every second they have spent together was precious to her. Their relationship was incomparable to many others, because it was simple, true, and one that could never be replaced by any other in the entire world. Tears inevitably flowed down her cheeks when she recalled the details at the same time a smile formed on her face. At that moment, she knew that she has reached a decision. 

"Miss, I choose this one," Ji Hyo told the lady who was helping them in the shop.

Jong Kook was surprised at Ji Hyo's sudden outburst, but he knew that the questions he had could wait. 

After the meeting with the hotel manager, the couple had completed the selection for the dinner menu for their guests and finalized the decorations of the wedding hall. Before they head back home, Jong Kook brought Ji Hyo to the place where they had their first date, it was a small park that was not very crowded, so that there would be a smaller possibility that anyone would recognize them. They walked together, hand-in-hand, to the very same bench they spent their first date together, and Jong Kook thought that it was a good time to answer the questions that he had from that morning. 

" Ji Hyo yah, can you tell me what was on your mind when you were at the jewelry shop? Why were you crying suddenly?", asked Jong Kook who was a little worried that Ji Hyo was hiding something from him. 

Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook and took his hand into hers and looked him in the eye before she started to talk. Ji Hyo said"Oppa, I was thinking through the times that we had together, I thought about how our love is so simple, but to me, it is the most beautiful love that I have ever experienced in my entire lifetime. Oppa, I always hear people talking about forever and happily ever after when they are in a relationship. That is my dream too... That you are my forever and always. But at this very moment,  I want you to know that, I don't care about forever, I only care about the fact that we love each other, from the bottom of our hearts. Oppa, I have spent the first half of my life looking, not knowing that the person I am looking for has always been in front of me, so all that matters to be now that I can get to spend each and every day of the second half of my life loving you. That was also why I chose the ring that had a simpler design. Not that I was trying to save the money... Hehe."

 Pleasantly surprised by her reply, Jong Kook was lost for words. He was afraid to love again, but this woman standing before him had taught him what it felt like to be loved, and how much he wanted to love again. He even thought that he would never get married because of his fear, which he would get teased by his friends for. Her presence in his life has been irreplaceable, he knew that even if they hadn't ended up together, he would still want to keep her as a friend. She was his life, and her presence in his life can be clearly seen by the people in his life. Those people include his parents, his elder brother, and of course his second family aka the Running Man members. He was no longer the shy, reserved Jong Kook that people made fun of, and it was all because of this amazing woman standing before him. He could not find the words to express what he was feeling in his heart, but the look of understanding in Ji Hyo's eyes told him that she knew what he was thinking. With all the love that he has, he pulled Ji Hyo into an embrace and whispered softly so that only she could hear the three words that he uses very cautiously, "I Love You, Ji-Hyo yah."

"I love you more Oppa, even if your muscles start sagging one day, even if you are no longer Sparta, because to me, you are not Mr Capable, or the Tiger. You are just Kim Jong Kook, the man that I, Song Ji Hyo will love for as long as I shall live," Ji Hyo said while smiling.

No more words needed to be spoken between these two individuals, because all that they want to do now is to live in their moment, bask in the love, and start a new chapter of their lives together. Sure they knew that they would start having married couple troubles some day, but all that mattered to them was that they stood by each other, no matter what may come.

A Week Later...

Ji Hyo woke up with a start and realized what she had was just a bad dream. Just then, Jong Kook came out of the bathroom and was surprised to see heralready up. 

"Ji Hyo yah, did  you have anything on today? Why are you up so early?"

"Oppa, I just had that dream again... That dream where you left me for another woman, but I could not make out who she was."

Jong Kook sat beside Ji Hyo on the bed and gently flicked her forehead before saying, "Dreams are always opposite of reality, Jagiya. And I don't need any other woman in my life now that I have you. It was just a bad dream, don't think too much ne?"

Ji Hyo had a weird premonition that something was about to happen, but she could not put her finger to what was wrong. Not wanting Jong Kook to worry, she just leaned in on his chest and gave him a hug, hoping to herself that IT was really just a dream. The last thing she wanted now is for someone to destry the happiness that she has and the blissful life as Jong Kook's wife that she was about to have. 

She sighed and said, "Hopefully what you said is true Oppa, hopefully..."

P.S. 

Hello my dear readers, I am so sorry for being away for such a long time. Trouble seems to be brewing for our happy couple... Do voice out your suggestions and leave a comment on how you like the chapter. Sorry for the not so long chapter update. I will try to update again in about 2-3 weeks time! Thank you for your patience!

The Sophisticated Ring Design:

christina-hendricks-wedding-bands.jpg

The simpler, more elegant design(Ji Hyo's Choice):

white-gold-wedding-ring-set.jpg