Chapter 3: Wedding Preparations and...

At the Beginning With You

" Owh, Jae-suk Oppa, its Ji Hyo. I just wanted to ask if you could be the emcee for our wedding?" Ji Hyo asked Jae Suk over the phone.

" Ji Hyo yah, I would love to! Let's find a time to sit down together to revise the script, neh?" Jae Suk replied.

" Gomawo Jae-Suk Oppa! I'll treat you to dinner one day!" Ji Hyo promised before hanging up on the phone.

One item down, but it was a month since the proposal and the date of the wedding was coming up in 3 months. Ji Hyo has yet to complete most of the wedding preparations such as the wedding photoshoot, deciding on the guest list, and most importantly, the booking of the wedding venue etc. 

While she was busy searching for possible wedding shoot locations, she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist, and a soon a kiss landed on her right cheek. Smiling to herself, she asked, " Oppa, when did you come home? Do you want me to prepare dinner for you?"

" Jagiya, why don't you take a rest? You look so worn out already. I'd hate to see you get sick because you are too tired...," said Jong Kook who was trying to convince Ji Hyo to take a rest from what she was doing. 

" But I can't Oppa, how can I just leave things the way they are when I know that our wedding is around the corner? We can't possibly just wait until the day comes and start panicking the night before right? I'm alright Oppa, I will finish this soon, give me one more hour then I'll go to sleep okay?", replied Ji Hyo.

Ji Hyo turned her head towards Jong Kook and was surprised to see the stack of documents that was already in his hands. She flipped through the thick stack of paper and saw that Jong Kook had already made appointments with the bridal studio, the bridal shop, the owner of a six-star hotel, and lastly, she saw that he has already made a guest list for their wedding. She was pleasantly surprised because she did not expect him to have things planned despite his busy recording schedule, and she felt bad for not being able to help him out. Not knowing what else to say, she leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips and said, " Oppa, gomawo, saranghae-yo."

In Jong Kook's heart. nothing beats seeing his wife-to-be's smile and seeing her happy. He noticed that she has not been getting enough sleep for the past few days, even though those were her rest days before she started to film for another drama. Not wanting to see her tire herself out, he took some time off from his break and made a few phone calls, namely to his childhood friend who was the owner of one of the best hotels in South Korea, Grand Hyatt, and also made an appointment with a long time friend whom her treats as a sister, who is also the owner of a bridal shop and a bridal studio. He looked at the woman sitting in front of him and loosened the frown that was on her forehead. He tried to and said, " Stop frowning so often, or you'll have even more wrinkles on your forehead and will look old by the time of our wedding."

" Oppa, will you leave me for another woman if I turn old, fat, and ugly? Will you get tired of me after we get married? Will you stop loving me like you do now when I start nagging at you like a grandmother or mother nags at her son?, questioned Ji Hyo. Upon hearing her questions, Jong Kook started laughing loudly on the sofa, thinking how silly she was to have so little confidence in him and herself.

He then pretended to be angry and said in a serious tone, " Mong Ji Hyo, do you think I am marrying you just because you look young and pretty now? Do you think that I am a man that would abandon his wife just because he is tired of her?"

He took her hand in his and placed her hand on his chest, right at where his heartbeat could be felt. 

" Do you feel my heart beating? Ji Hyo-ya, remember this, you are and will always be the reason for me to live. This heart right here only beats for you, only you and no one else. Please believe in the commitments and promises I have made to us. I will love you even more as each day passes, and I won't leave you until death does us part. You will forever and always be my beloved wife in my heart and in my eyes even if you become 100 kg heavier, or even if you have wrinkles all over your face because you have grown older. Let us both grow old together and continue to hold each other's hands like how we do now 50 years down the road, neh?" Jong Kook told Ji Hyo while trying his best to keep his eyes open. 

While he was talking, he did not know how blessed Ji Hyo felt to have him in her life, and how afraid she was of losing him one day. She wanted them to have a fairytale-like wedding and a happily ever after, but she knew that there would always be younger and better looking girls that were hungry for Jong Kook's attention. For the sake of their relationship and their love, she decided to put her trust in her husband and stop doubting both him and herself. She knew that Jong Kook loves her at this very minute, second, and milli-second, and that was all that mattered to her now. 

She wanted to bask in their love, without the constant attention from the public eye, but she knew that this simple wish that she has will be impossible to fulfill, even if they left the entertainment industry. There were times during their relationship when there were paparazzi or members of the public who were following them on their dates to take pictures of them going out together. The next day, countless tabloids have their pictures on the cover page and some even made up stories about how she was the third party in Jong Kook's relationship with Yoon Eun-Hye. 

She sighed to herself and wondered when she could have a peaceful life with Jong Kook, one that was without any concern for privacy. She then turned to the man beside her and realized that he had fallen asleep while she was caught up in her thoughts. She traced the countours of his nose and smiled at how handsome he looked even when he was asleep. With her eyelids also giving up on her, she laid beside him and kissed him on his forehead before falling asleep with him on the couch in the living room.

P.S.

Dear readers, I am so sorry for taking such a long time to update this story and thanks for waiting patiently. I have been really busy preparing for midterms but since midterms are over, please expect to see a weekly update for now! Thank you for your love and support! Please leave a comment or provide any suggestions for the story if you have some. Once, again, thank you! Hope you like this update:)