Chapter 4: Embracing the Love

At the Beginning With You

"Ji Hyo yah, how many dresses do you plan to have for the wedding?", Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo, hoping for a small number to be her reply, something like 1 or 2.

" Wae, Oppa? I was actually thinking of 7? Or maybe 8?", replied the really excited Ji Hyo sitting beside him in the car. Ji Hyo has been dreaming of the different wedding gowns she can try on today in the shop, hoping to be able to change into all the ones that she liked on the wedding itself. 

Completely taken aback by her reply, Jong Kook stepped hard on the brakes and the car came to a screeching halt. " Mwuh?! Why do you need so many gowns? You only have one body my love, don't you get tired if you have to keep changing dresses? Won't you be more interested in eating the food?", Jong Kook asked, hoping for her to reduce the number. 

" Yah! Kim Jong Kook! Did you have to do that? There's nothing wrong with changing, and it is a once in a lifetime event, so I don't mind sacrificing a little of my dinner just to be a princess on my wedding... Hehe. It's every girl's dream to be the center of attention on her wedding..., pouted Ji Hyo, who was waiting for Jong Kook to agree to her request.

However, Jong Kook was still hesitant as to whether he should agree, knowing about the trouble that they will have to go through whenever they have to change their gown and suit respectively. But seeing her pout and her puppy eyes, he gave in offered, "How about 3?"

"No! 7!" said Ji Hyo, who continued to plead her fiance. 

" 4?" Jong Kook offered her, praying that she will agree to this offer.

"6! Pleaseeee Oppa....", Ji Hyo pleaded with the saddest puppy eyes and the cutest voice she could make up so that he would relent.

" Unable to resist her pleas, Jong Kook gave his final offer, "5! That's the highest I will go! Mong Ji, could you please take pity on me? It is a night that both of us should enjoy the most isn't it?" 

"Deal! 5 it is! Gomawo Oppa! Yeaaaa!! You are the best, Oppa!" squealed Ji Hyo who was bouncing up and down on the passenger seat. 

Soon after, they arrived at the bridal boutique and Ji Hyo started to try on a few gowns that the owner thought would fit her perfectly. However, being the excited bride-to-be, Ji Hyo picked out another 10 dresses in addition to those that were already on the rack of dresses she was going to try on. While waiting for Ji Hyo, Jong Kook took out his phone and started to look through his photo album, noticing how much more he smiled after he got together with Ji Hyo. Her presence in his life was a blessing, and she was so much for than he could have ever asked for. Suddenly, while he was still smiling to himself, the curtains to the fitting room opened up and Ji Hyo stood in front of him in a snow white wedding gown. 

The simple design of the gown brought out the feminine side of Ji Hyo that people hardly saw on the show or even in real life. It was a strapless gown that had intricate floral designs hand-sewn onto the waistline, and the outermost layer of the gown was a translucent mesh embroidered with small, white flowers. Looking at the woman standing in front of him, Jong Kook was completely lost for words, and he was only able to stare at her with his mouth wide open. 

Seeing her husband-to-be so stunned, Ji Hyo stood in front of him and kissed him on the lips as the store assistants looked away. "Oppa, are you okay?, asked Ji Hyo, who was slightly amused by her husband's speechlessness. 

Coming back to his senses, Jong Kook whispered to her, "You look gorgeous, Jagiya. I feel really blessed to be able to have you has my wife, you never fail to take my breath away."

Feeling shy after hearing what he said, Ji Hyo's cheeks turned a little red as she looked down at the floor. When she saw reflection in the mirror after wearing the dress, it felt like her dream was coming true, finally. She imagined how she would look like in a wedding dress countless times since she was a little girl. There was even once when she imagined that she would be a disney princess on her wedding day, and she would be getting married to her prince charming. That imagination seemed to turn into reality, she thought to herself, except for the fact that she did not have blonde hair and that Jong Kook was not in a white suit, yet. She did not realize that her husband would be so shocked upon seeing her, because she acted in many dramas and movies where she wore wedding dresses, including an episode on Running Man when she was paired with Suk Jin.

After Ji Hyo tried on all of the dresses that she chose, it was finally time for Jong Kook to try out the matching suits. Compared to Ji Hyo, Jong Kook was much faster in changing. And likewise, Ji Hyo, who has never seen her husband in a bridegroom's suit, was squealing like a little girl because she could not contain her excitement. The staff in the store were smiling to each other upon seeing the interaction between the two lovebirds who seemed to be in their own world. After the gown and suit fitting, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook finally settled on her five dresses and his three suits that they were going to wear for their wedding dinner as well as their wedding photoshoot. 

While they were discussing venue for their wedding photoshoot with their wedding planner, and they decided to have both an indoor and outdoor photoshoot. That night, they had dinner with the other 5 running man members and Haha's wife, Byul, and the couple invited them to be part of their wedding photoshoot, and Ji Hyo also asked Haha's wife, Byul to be her maid-of-honor. Looking at the pictures that were taken on Jong Kook's phone earlier, Suk Jin suddenly said, " It feels kind of weird... Like I am marrying my daughter off..."

Upon hearing what he said, everyone else burst into laughter and Kwang Soo and Jae Suk began teasing Suk Jin, " Hyung, you are going to have Jong Kook as a son-in-law, so does it mean that you are not going to be the race-starter anymore? He is probably going to take you out to every workout session from now on! Hahaha..."

" Andwaeeeeee...", replied Suk Jin, who was starting to imagine the horrific scene in the gym if he was with Jong Kook, making everyone laugh even more.

Both Ji Hyo and Jong Kook felt really blessed to have this group of people as their second family. The bond that the seven of them have formed was irreplaceable, holding a special place in each of their hearts. They knew that the running man family was what had gotten them togeher in the first place. Without them, Jong Kook would still probably be single and alone, making him cherish them even more, for being in his life, as well as for making him a better version of himself than he was before he decided to join the show.

The gathering ended on a high note, and all of them finally left the restaurant at 11pm at night. When they arrived home, they each took their showers and were talking on the bed before going to sleep. 

Ji Hyo was smiling and said, "Oppa, thank you for making me the happiest woman alive, Saranghae. "   

Seeing the woman he loved smile so happily, he gave her a peck on the lips and said, "Jagiya, I should be the one who should be saying thank you. I used to be like a rainbow that was colorless, when you came into my life, you picked up the pieces of my heart and colored my life. You bring so much joy to my life, and you made me a more likeable person than I was before I knew you. Just seeing you smile or hearing you laugh makes my day, sometimes you even make me wonder whether I am living in a dream, because everything seems so perfect with you in it. Na-do Saranghae, Ji Hyo yah. Thank you for being in my life."

Both of them fell asleep feeling the love from each other and from the people who love them, and they were looking forward to what the future holds for both of them. There may be challenges that they have to face, but both of them know that they will not let go of each other's hand throoughout this journey called life.                                                                                                                                                                                                         

The wedding gowns they chose:

First gown that Ji Hyo tried on

colet bridal 2015 style 9 coab15214iv sweetheart strapless a line wedding dress

pink_one_shoulder_2012_cheap_wedding_dre

blumarine-2013-bridal-light-blue-wedding

Couture-Mermaid-Illusion-Neckline-Sheer-

fall-2012-wedding-dress-lazaro-bridal-go

 

Suits that Jong Kook chose:

White-Men-Wedding-Suit.jpg

men-wedding-suit-attire-design.jpg

men_2ds_2dtuxedo_2dsuit_small1.jpg

 

Hope you guys enjoy the update and please leave a comment!