oo1

∗ тopp dogg and ι ∗

One.

 

❝SEOL RUI!!❞ An ear-piercing scream echoed around the big house, followed by loud clacking of heels.

I waited patiently on my bed, playing Angry Birds on my phone. A moment later, my bedroom door opened, revealing my aunt who's face is bright red.

❝Yah, Seol Rui! Do you want to die?!❞ My aunt yelled down at me, spit flying everywhere.

I wiped my spit-clad cheek using the back of my aunt's hand before looking up to her.

❝Good morning to you too, my dear auntie. To answer your question, I don't want to die yet. I'm still young, you know? I still have at least 70 more years to live. Why do you ask?❞ I replied sweetly, slightly batting my eyelashes.

❝Oh, come on! Let's cut the crap here already. I'm going to ask you a question and you better answer it truthfully or I will cut you.❞ My aunt glowered at me.

❝Arasseo. What is it?❞ I said, standing up from my bed.

❝Did you or did you not painted your school principal's car pink and put plastic wrap all over it? Tell me!❞ My aunt screeched.

I laughed at the memory. Oh, gosh. That's the coolest prank ever.

❝Why are you laughing? So, did you do it?!❞ My aunt asked with clenched jaw, poking my shoulder with her newly polished pointy finger nails.

❝Maybe..? Haha! Okay, yes, I did. Didn't they caught it on CCTV? It was pretty fun to do, by the way.❞ I stated before running out of my room.

❝Seol Rui! Get back here, you brat!❞ My aunt yelled again, following after me.

❝Andwaeyo! You'll kill me!❞ I snickered, hiding under the dinner table.

I heard my aunt's heels stop on the living room.

❝Aigoo. I can't handle you anymore. I'll call your godfather to see if you can live with him in Seoul. I didn't sign up for handling such a troublemaker child.❞ My aunt sighed loudly.

Peeking out from the kitchen, I can see her take a sit on her favorite neon yellow wingback chair, picking up the telephone.

I walked quietly to the back door, heading towards the swing.

I have always been the kid anyone can't handle. My relatives never made the effort to get to know the real me, just passing me around like a doll right after I did a prank or two. Why do I prank people if I don't want to be passed around from relative to relative? It's simple. I just want to test them who can tolerate my attitude and actually sit down and talk to me. It may sound kind of twisted to you but that's my way to know who really cares about me.

❝Rui honey, please come inside.❞ My aunt called from the back door with a gentle look on her face.

I nodded and followed her inside, heading straight to my room to pack my things.