Chapter 3 [Soju & Stairs]

Baby, I loved you first

 

Lectures passed in total peace and soon the girls left the university, thinking about where to go eat. They moved in the direction of a nearby home restaurant, where usually ate when they ended late.
“Actually, you shouldn't go to home?” JiAe looked at friend with a worried expression “It's almost 7 P.M...”

“And what about it?” Minah bowed slightly to owner and sat down at the table. “It's not like someone will wait for me.”
“Are you sure? Your mother has a night shift, so she probably didin't prepare room for...” she turned around to check if no one is listening “...Mark.”
“It's Friday evening so I don't care about it and him. Anyway, he will be after midnight, so this time I get home.”
“So you care about him... in some freaking way.”
“Believe what you want, girl!”

4 hours later

Before they realised, some friends joined from the university. It was really cheerful and pleasant meeting, and soju flowed freely. Everyone enjoyed the occasion, it was a friday night. When they finally left the restaurant, each of them moved in their direction. Minah sighed deeply and moved a little bit faster. Even if she didin't care about Tuan, she wanted to prepare a room for him but only because she was taught hospitality. However, a smooth move after three bottles of soju proved to be staggeringly difficult and before she reached the house passed nearly an hour.
“I won't drink with them again” she muttered under her breath, looking for keys in the really deep and big bag “Tommorrow morning will be horr...”
“How long I need to wait for you?” A strange voice came behind her back.
“Oh my God?” she vigorously turned and stumbled, bumping into doors. “I almost had a heart attack, idiot!”
“Heart attack? I feel cold here since one and a half hours, and you came drunk?” Mark shook his head in disablief.
“Yup” girl agreed with him and turned around, then tried to open the doors “However, I'm here and I just need to get in to the house...”
“Yeah...” he murmured sympathetically “In this state you open them for two hours. Give it to me, stupid!”
Gently pushed the girl to the side, then he opened the door and stepped inside. Minah looked at him with slighlty unconscious gaze then shook her head, muttering something that sounded like "you should do it right away" and went after him.
“So...” Mark looked at her calmly “Where's my room?”
“Somewhere here” she pointed indeterminate direction and began to climb the stairs, but it was clear that she has a problem with it “Damn, why these stairs are so steep?”
“Maybe because you're drunk like hell?” he watched her with slight amusement.
“No way, Sherlock” Minah looked at him with a raised eyebrow and nearly fell down the stairs. Fortunately, she had to grab the railing. “Oh, I almost killed myself. It will be safer if I sleep downstairs though.”
“I can take you to the room if you want” Mark proposed with total innocence in his voice.
“Yeah, sure. I can go there by myself...” She went step up and lost her balance, then tried to grab the railing, but it was too late.
Minah closed eyes getting ready to hit the stairs, but that never happened. The strong arms wrapped around her waist and Mark pulled her closer.
“Are you okay?” his soft whisper caressed her ear and he turn Minah around to look at her face.
The girl blinked, speechless because of how close the boy was. He smiled charmingly and opened mouth to say something, but she covered his lips with her hand.
“Don't. I'm gonna throw up...” Minah quickly pulled away from him and awkwardly ran up the stairs, then disappeared into the bathroom, closing the door with a loud bang.
Mark shook his head and took his suitcase to the guest bedroom, where everything was already prepared. He lay down on the bed and smiled slightly. It seems that two weeks will be interesting.

 

Next morning.


“For a wonderful ABS of Rain Oppa...”
Minah sat on the bed and looked around with confused face. She didin't remember how she got in bed and how changed clothes into pajama. She rubbed her eyes and sighed heavily, then drank some water, which stood next to bed. She needed this.
“Wait...” she looked at the bottle “I don't remember having this in my room...”
After a short while she shrugged and went out of bed, then walked down to the kitchen to get something to eat. As soon as she got there immediately opened the fridge.
“Hangover, huh?” someone asked her.
“Yeah...” she froze for a moment and then straightened up to look at Tuan, who was sitting on the counter and was smiling brightly. “What the...?!”
“Yo...” he waved At her “You was really cute yesterday, you know?”
“What are you talking abo...” her eyes widened “Did I do something stupid?”
“Depends on what you mean stupid...” Mark felt satisfaction from her irritation.
“Tell me right now!” Minah grabbed his collar with murder gaze “What I exactly do?!”
“First you need to calm down” he was still smiling “Secondly, let me go because I'll be unpleasant, got it?”
“Oh, yeah...” she let him go with awkward smile and took the step back “So... will you tell me what I did yesterday or not?”
“Nope” Mark gave her a wink “Figure it yourself...”
And then he left the kitchen, humming something under his breath.
“This damn...” she looked after him and screamed loudly “Please run in front of a bus!”
Reached her only his joyous laughter.
“You're digging your own grave, Tuan...”

 

Few minutes later

 

Minah washed her face with cold water, trying hard to remember anything, but memories got blank after she passed the backyard gate. She shake her head and splash with water again.
“What did I do?” her reflection was silent “Of course, I'm probably not gonna know it, but what if I kissed him or do something more?!”
She grabbed her hair and let out a soundless scream. It was such a nightmare. She usually remembers what she did after drinking but this time she had to exceed a certain limit. Minah left her hair alone and touched her lips with trembling fingers.
“Oh, no way!” she laughed nervously “There's no chance that I did such a thing because he otherwise would not give me a break with his teasing...”
Why you drunk so much, you stupid woman?!

 

Few hours later

 

“What did you do?!”
“Can you stop screaming at me? I have a horrible headache, JiAe!”
“I don't care! How you can't remember what you did with Mark?!”
“Aish, you're so noisy...”
Minah laid back at her bed and start staring at the ceiling. She was beginning to regret having called her friend, because Park immediately started to panic. However, Shim need to talk to someone, so there was no other choice. Girl opened to say something, but the knock on the door interrupted her and Mark went inside.
“Still talking?” he crossed arms on the chest.
“It's him?! IT'S HIM?!” JiAe's scream was heard perfectly and Minah rolled her eyes.
“Shut up, Park or I'm gonna burn the CD collection of yours.” Shim threatened her “Hanging up.”
“Your friend?” Mark smirked at her “She has a really strong voice...”
“What do you want?” Minah sat normally “Are you bored or something?”
“Kind of...”
“Then go to the playground! I don't have time for you!” she rolled her eyes again.
“I don't want go alone” he pouted “And I'm hungry but the fridge is almost empty... Do something about it!”
“Did I looked like your babysitter?” she said ironically “You can go to store by yourself. I don't want to spend time with you, Tuan!”
“Shouldn't you be nicer to me after I helped you yesterday?” he raised his perfect eyebrow.
“You did WHAT?!”
“I helped you?” he repeated and smiled brightly “Don't worry. I just ed your blouse and left you alone, I promise! I haven't seen anything!”
For a moment she looked surprised, but then she shrugged, taking a deep breath, calming down because she didn't want to murder him. Then she would have problems with his parents and her mother, but also with thousands of fans of this annoying creatures.
“Just be glad I don't have strength, because otherwise you'd be suffocated, okay?” she gritted her teeth “And now get out of my room, pretty please?”
“Okay, okay, I'm going!” he waved his hand and went out of the room “Oh! And you know what?”
“Mm?”
“You can kiss really good!” Mark stick out his tongue.
“Pardon?” she blinked really fast.
“Don't you remember? You kissed me yesterday” he was lying with innocent face.
“I DID WHAT?!”
“Bye!”

He closed the door, leaving girl speechless. Minah desperately shook her head, then grabbed her hair and fell on the bed, screaming internally. She couldn't believe in his words, but they sounded totally true and the worst part of his speech was that she didn't remember anything.
Oh my goddness. I kissed Mark Tuan and I don't remember it.
“You idiot!” she facepalmed herself “You are totally the biggest idiot in the world!”

During this time, Mark was behind the door, listening Minah's laments. He smiled a little and went downstairs to check if there's something in TV. Mark himself had no idea why he lied, but he didn't feel remorse and he was happier than ashamed of his lie. Oh yes, Mark Tuan liked to tease Shim Minah.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Comment & subscribe! <3
Let me know what do you think about this chapter, pretty please :3