Chapter 1 [Memories]

Baby, I loved you first

                                                          

 

 

 

                   First day of summer break was really warm and sunny. The sky had no clouds and sun shined brightly. It was perfect day for having a little fun with friends.
                   Eleven years old Asian boy jumped off the roof of little arbor and took a skateboard from stone stairs, then he just went to the gate of the garden. He was in the really good mood, cause school ended a few days ago and, finally, there was so much free time.
“Mark! Can you stop for a moment?” his mother came to the front of the house. She placed hands on hips and she shook her head “Again in a hurry, hmm?”
“Mom, please” he rolled his eyes “I just don't like being late...”
“Yeah, I know” she smiled “Anyway, I have a special mission for you!”
                   Behind her, Mark saw a dark haired girl in cute mint dress, who smiled shyly at him. It was a second but he understood what was going on.

                  Damn it.
“I won't take her with me!” boy protested quickly, shaking his head “She'll disturb us or something might happen to her! And she's a little kid!”
“Don't be rude, Mark!” women sighed deeply” She's just a year younger than you, so both of you are little kid, get it?”
“Whatever” he snorted loudly “I'm not gonna take care of her! I'm busy and the rest of the guys don't like girls too. They're annoying, too talkative and clumsy! And they're crying easily! Why don't you ask Tammy or Grace for it, mom? They'll deal with her better than me and I don't even like her”
“Aish! Mark Tuan!” his mother lost patience “Take care of Minah or you'll grounded! What's your choice?”
“But mom...” he pouted “Ok! I'll take her with me, but it's the last time!”
“Take care of her, Mark!” women looked at Minah with a warm smile “Have fun, ok?”
                  Mark turned around, muttering under his breath. His good mood disappeared and eyes lost their sparkle.
“Yah!” he snarled at girl “Move faster, I lost to much time because of you”
                  She had very short legs to keep up with him, so the distance between them rapidly increased. Honestly, he didn't go too fast, but was much taller than her, so his steps were larger.
“Oppa! Wait for me!” she cried in korean “Oppa!”
                   Mark rolled his eyes and turn around to look at the girl.
“Ok, let's do this in my own way!” he said quietly “Firstly, stop talking in korean and use english, so everyone can understand you! Secondly, sit on the bench next to the ramp and don't move from there, also just don't talk to anyone. It would be best if you act like you're not there, get it?”
                   She nodded politely and looked around. She took the place on the bench as he said. Yes, Shim Minah was really nice and polite kid. Even she was younger than Mark, she was more mature than him. Honestly, Minah preferred to sit at home and listen to parents chatting, but on the other hand she wanted to be close with Tuan, who was admired by her. She felt really sad, because he was too mean and she did nothing wrong to get that kind of attitude.
                   Minah sighed deeply and looked around, just to see Mark in the middle of some skateboard tricks. He tried only once, but he was able to do it immediately. It wasn't a big shock for her, because he was the best in everything he did. Especially in dancing. However, he doesn't want to show his skills to the others. He hide it like a big secret. Honestly, she doesn't get him. If Mark wanted he could be the nicest person in the whole world but he didn't want to. It was a really big problem.

                   She sighed again and turned around, hearing familiar sound of the ice cream truck. Minah swallowed and bite her lower lips. She really wanted to eat one, especially the lemon flavoured. For a moment she considered to ask Mark for it but she knew that he won't be happy if someone will disturb him in the middle of having fun with friends.
                   You're bad, Mark Tuan.
                   Oh well, she decided courageously that will go alone. That's why, she left the skate park quickly, following ice cream truck. She searched her pocket, to find a 5$ and then looked back to check if Mark saw her disapperance. It wasn't possible because he was to busy talking with friends and, moreover, he doesn't care about her. She stood in front of the window in the truck.
“Hello, what for you, sweetie?” woman from inside smiled brightly.
“I have only this much” Minah showed her money “Is this enough for lemon ice cream?”
“5 dollars?” she laughed and nodded her head “You can even get two!”
“Really?”

 

                    But she was wrong. Mark definitely cared about her. He was in the middle of friends joke, when he spotted the empty place on the bunch. His heart stopped for a moment.
                    Don't panic, Mark. You can't lost her.
“Hey, Tony?” he patted his friend on the shoulder “Have you seen this girl who came with me?”
“She should sit on the be...” Tony looked around “Oh . Where's she?”
“Yeah, it's a good question, you know?” Mark took his skateboard “I'm going to look for her. I'll call you later!”

                   Well done, Tuan. You lost a little girl. Idiot.
“Mom will kill me.” he facepalmed himself and sighed deeply “I need to find her before it gets dark.”
                    It took fifteen minutes, and he was beginning to panic. Minah was under his care, and if something bad happen it will be his fault. Okay, he wasn't nice to her, but he had no idea that things will turn out in that way. He reached for his phone to call mother. Anyway, he didn't because he just noticed a mint dress among the trees. His mood changed immediately.

                   There you are, you little...
                   He crossed the ledge, surrounding the playground.
“What the hell are you doing?!” he shouted at the girl, who was sitting on the swing. She turned quickly and the ice cream fall out of her hand “What have I told you?!”
“O... oppa...” her eyes filled with tears “I'm sorry. I just wanted to eat some ice cream...”
“Then why don't you told me about it?!” Mark wasn't angry, he was relieved that she's okay “Are you stupid?! Someone can kidnap you or car can hit you! Do you even think?!”
                   His voice trailed off when he realized that the girl was crying. He felt stupid when he realized that he led her to this. Mark crouched in front of her.
“It's okay.” he patted her on the head “I'm sorry that I yelled at you, so stop crying, huh?”
                   She nodded and stood up, wiping the tears. Mark smiled a bit and stood up too.
“Come on, I'll buy you a new ice cream, okay?” he pointed at the nearby store “But you must promise mi one thing.”
“What is it, Oppa?” she sniffed.
“Don't tell my mum about this situtation.” Mark ruffled his hair “I don't want to be grounded because of you, get it?”
“Okay, I got it.”
“So come on...” he grabbed her arm and pulled to the store.
                    She looked at him with a slight smile.

                    You're not so bad, Mark Oppa.

 

TEN YEARS LATER

 

 

                     The black-haired girl quickly ran across the lanes and went to the pharmacy. As usual at this time it was full of people. She quickly passed through the crowd and went into the back room. There was only one woman, who smiled at her.
“You came faster than you should, Minah?” she looked at the daughter carefully “You missed school, right?”
“Mom...” girl rolled her eyes “Who do you think I am? Professor Chung let us earlier.”
“If you said so...” woman nodded her head.
“Nevermind. What kind of mission do you have for me, mom?” Minah took a sip of water from a bottle “You sounded really mysterious.”
“You know that I love you, my little princess, right?”
“Okay, now I'm starting to worry. What happened?” she looked at her mother with serious gaze.
“We got a package from Tuans”
“Oh my god, Mom!” she sighed deeply “I was thinking that you have a problem, but you're worried about that kind of thing? What's so strange? They always send the package to us.”
“I know, I know” woman waved her hand “But this time it's for Mark...”
“You don't want to tell me that I should tdeliver it to him?” woman didn't answer “Oh, come on! How am I supposed to get into JYP? And this is just a rhetorical question, because I have no intention of checking it.”
“Don't be like that, Minah!” Mrs. Shim sighed “He's probably waiting for this package!”
“Then why they send it to us and not stright to JYP? I don't want to see him and it will not happen, because I'll not be let in, so end of discussion!”
“Mark's father called JYP and said you will show up there with this. Even gave your data to make it easier” her mother smiled innocently and gave her a big package “Go, my pretty daughter, go!”
“I'm starting to hate you all” she muttered under her breath, as she went to the street “Conspiracies. Conspiracies everywhere.”
                      JYP building wasn't far, but you have to walk through a crowd of people and this can be really problematic. However, the biggest problem may be the fans who camped under JYP. She don't uderstand these girls. Wasting their time and hard earned money of their parents, to see a bunch of guys in tights. Okay, not in tights, but never mind. At this hour they should sit in school and learn something new or pretend that they do.
                      I hope they don't pay attention to me, please.
                     She took a deep breath and headed for the main door, where was a security guard. She was already a few steps from him when one of the girls spotted her.
“Yah, ! Where are you going, huh?!” Minah froze for a second “Yah! I'm talking to you!”
                     Damn it, I'm gonna die.
“Me?” she pointed at herself and laughed nervously “I'm just delivering a package.”
“To whom?” schoolgirl looked at her with a murder face.
“Do you actually think that I will tell you this?” Minah snorted loudly “Keep dreaming and stop putting your nose in others people business, okay?”
                     Then she quickly showed the guard her ID card and entered the building. When the door closed, she sighed with a relief.
                     You live on the edge, Minah.
“Damn” she looked around and smiled widely “I'm in the JYP building. I feel like a VIP. Anyway, where should I go? Is anyone here?”
                     The lobby was completely empty. She shrugged and went up the stairs. Minah had no idea where to go. She looked everywhere she could, peering into rooms but no one appeared within her sight. After a few minutes, where she started to worry that someone had murdered all the people in the building, which was not possible, she heard music. She moved in that direction, hoping to meet anyone and leave with that person package, because she still didn't want to meet a young Tuan. Neither now nor ever again. It was enough to her that she could see him all the time on TV, and if not, then heard on the radio. Finally, she stood at the door behind which the music was coming. She knocked tentatively and looked inside.
“I'm sorry to bother you, but I couldn't find anyone and ... " she looked at the people in front of her.
                    Oh, for God's sake. Is this day could be worse?

______________________________________________________________________________


I hope it's not bad. <3