Encounter III

Again

I can't concentrate during my classes. The thought of seeing her after school makes me want to rush the hours. Our conversation earlier still runs on my mind with clarity. Maybe, she will ask me to walk her home, or invite her on a late night movie; perhaps a stop-over on that cute restaurant near the café. I've heard their food were great. Maybe, it's the other way around. She wants me to invite her on a date.

It's quite ironic to realize that being with her; I want to freeze the time. But then, moments like this, I want to rush the hour so I can meet her already. Is this the feeling of being in love?

"That will be all for today, class dismiss," followed by the ringing of the bell. Ok, this is the moment of my life. I grabbed my bag and headed to my locker.

"Minnie," I froze upon recognizing the voice, Jung Soo Ra.

I turned around, "Soo Ra, what's up?" I faked a smile.

"Can I have a favor?"

"Sure, but make sure it won't be long. I still have to be back at Luhan's café."

She smiled, "It won't be long, I promise."

She pulled me and stopped the stock room, down the basement. "So what are we doing here?" I asked looking at the messy place.

"Can you help me tidy it up?" she purred with those fake puppy eyes.

I really despise this girl. She says she likes me but then she just uses me to do all those detention punishment she receives.

"Ok, but I won't be long," I replied. I removed my back pack and started by moving the boxes and some things that needs some lifting. Then, I arranged those scattered things before dusting them. Sooner, I felt sweat rolling down my face. I looked up to see Soo Ra checking her polished nails on the door. When I looked at my watch, it's already quarter to 11.

Oh, no! Luhan will kill me for sure.

After tidying the place, I handed Soo Ra the broom, "You sweep," I said, grabbed my bag and ran ignoring her calls.

Whatever it cost, I must hurry.

When I arrived at the café, it's already 10 minutes past 11. The lights are down except for the one near the kitchen. Luhan is sitting on one of the table outside, busy on his phone.

"Sorry," I apologized when I got near him.

He looked at me and smiled, "Soo Ra again?"

 I laughed, "Yeah! Feels like I want to glue her on their house so she can't go to school." I scanned the place looking for her.

"Looking for her?"

 "Yeah."

"You promised to meet her here?"

"Yes, did she left already? Oh, I'm going to kill Soo Ra for sure!"

"Relax man! You might get jailed because of murder. Don't you wonder why the light near the kitchen is open?"

"I'm curious about it too. Why did you left it open?"

I placed my bag down, looking around in search for her. "She's on the table near the kitchen. She fell asleep waiting for you," Luhan winked at me.

 I found myself smiling, "Is this luck?"

This time, it's Luhan who laughed, "I don't know, and you look funny wearing that love struck expression," and continued laughing.

I ignored him getting inside to wake her up. When I got near the table, I froze for a moment. She looks so peaceful in her sleep. She used her crossed arm to cushion her head. I hesitated in waking her up. Her beauty radiates on the lowlight. This is the moment when I want to freeze the time. But then, Luhan has to close the shop, I have to walk her home plus I've got some homework to do. It's not that I am complaining, but talk about wrong timing.

"Hee Ra?" I nudged her.

She opened her closed eyes and smiled at me, "You're late."

I smiled in return, "I'm sorry. Come on, we still need to close the shop. I'll walk you home," I offered.

She did some stretching before grabbing her stuffs. I helped Luhan pull down the roll-ups, lock the hooks, fold the umbrellas and turn the chairs upside down.

 "So, you two don't want a lift?" Luhan offered.

"Nah, I just live two blocks away from here," she said.

" How about you Xiumin?" he turned to me.

"I can use my bike to go home. I'll walk her home first," I replied.

He heaved a sigh, "So I'll go first. Bye!" he waved and left with his car.

I looked at her, "Let's go," I offered. We walked in silence while I am pulling my bike. She asked me, "Xiumin, do you believe in destiny?"

I looked at her, "Why do you ask?"

"You seem to be so carefree, like you just go with the flow."

"That's quite an observation."

"Seriously, do you?"

"I do believe."

"Really?"

"Don't you?"

"I don't know. Do you favor fixed marriages?"

"That was before, but now I don't. It's fate where I do rely and favor now."

"You never had a girlfriend?"

"Nope, I never dared to court any girl before. My love life's a blank page. How about you?"

"Well, I got some suitors but never answered anyone."

"You're engaged?"

"Before, but not now."

"I see."

We continued and stopped on a two- storied house. "You live here?"

"Yeah."

Just then, a woman about 30 or something got out of the door. "Hee Ra, dear!" she called out, meeting her. "I'm home already Mom. Don't panic," Hee Ra assured giving her mother a kiss. "You know you're father gets angry when you're late," Hee Ra's mom replied.

She looked at me, "Thank you," she smiled.

I returned the gesture, rode on my bike and left them.