Encounter I

Again

I have been working here in this café for long but I never got the chance to meet/talk to this particular lady who had been our daily customer ever since I don't know when. I bet she is also a college student from the things she brings, books of different kind. Oftentimes she will read a book on the table nearest to the first window overlooking the highway. Sometimes, she does her homework on the nearest table on the kitchen door where people seldom go. She will always order a serve of hot chocolate with 3 bars of chocolate brownies. That had been her routine ever since.

Whenever she comes in, my co-workers will give me the signal to take her orders.

 "Can I have your order miss?" I would ask and she would reply,

"I'll take the usual," without even looking up to see me.

I always write a short message on the table napkin I will include in her tray like, "You look beautiful" "Can we be friends?" "What's your name?" and all sorts. After a few hours, she will leave without even reading/writing back on my messages. And this obsessed being of mine to her still insists on giving her messages. Hoping someday she will reply back.

Oh, you don't know how she looks? Well, she is just the perfect girl for me. Tall, slim with curves on the right place, possessing a fair complexion in contrast to her long black hair, her cheeks were reddish, perfect nose, a heart-melting smile and a pair of summer green eyes. She never fails to impress me whenever she gets inside, exuding that certain charisma leaving me dazed for minutes. Ah! The feeling of being love struck.

Here she is again and she is with a little boy perhaps 2 or 3 years old.

Is she married?

Oh no!

That is impossible!

How can a girl like her be married in such young age?

Well, I bet she's on her early 20's but less than 25.

Together, they proceeded to the counter, I am the cashier today. "2 cups of iced chocolate with a slice of apple pie," she ordered, hushing the little boy who keeps on pointing everywhere.

"That's $27.50" I replied trying to look at her in the eye but to no avail.

Later, she looked up at me and smiled, "Take it to the nearest –"

"The first window, overlooking the highway," I continued grinning back.

When they left the counter, Luhan, my best friend/co-worker/manager poked me, "I'll give you five minutes to give them their order," he handed me their tray complete with the table napkin with my message.

 "Can I have one of those sweet treats?" I pointed out.

"I'll deduct it on your salary," he joked taking the cashier's seat.

 Before proceeding, I checked myself first on the mirror. Well, I look good enough to pass. Hehehe…..

"Here's your order ma'am," I laid down the tray.

"You left the cashier to serve us?" she pointed out, smiling.

 I ran a hand at the back of my head, "You noticed?" I replied, embarrassed of my own action. I laid down their order when the little boy noticed the lollipop on the tray. He tugged my hand, pointing to the sweet treat.

"Yeah, it's for you!" I replied as if talking to him. I handed him the candy, I gave a bow and left their table with a smile.

"How was it?" Luhan asked, leaving the cashier's seat.

 "She noticed my stalker moves," I replied.

 "At least she talked to you," he said getting inside the kitchen.

Yeah, he's right. At least, I got the chance to talk to her.