Chapter 4: Roommate

Different Worlds

It was past 9:30pm when a girl with long black hair, came inside the cafeteria.

"Fei! You came so late!" Rina shouted.

This girl really, she's always shouting. Thank God she's not my roommate.

"Work and stuff, you know." answered Fei.

"Here, eat." Jay offered her a bowl of noodles.

"Thanks. Is she the one?" Fei said while pointing to me.

"Yes. She's Yuna. Your roommate." Eric answered.

"I think it will be no fun in your room. You'll just ignore each other. It will be soooooooooooo quiet." Kevin said.

I'm shy at first, but when you get to know me more, I swear you'll forget how I was when we first met. You'll probably think I am a completely different person. Geeez. These people.

"Oh. Let's head back to our rooms. Fei finished eating already." Josh suggested.

"Yeah. It's another hectic day tomorrow. Goodnight guys!" Eric added.

We all headed to our own rooms. As I entered our room, I was planning on washing up and then sleeping immediately but then Fei called me.

"Hey." She said.

I just answered her with a "Hey." too.

"What's your first impression of me?" She asked.

"Quiet-type girl? And a workaholic one." I answered.

"You know what, I was wishing to have a roommate for years now. It's true that I am quiet but there's a reason for that."

"And what's that reason?" I asked.

"I can't bring myself to get close to them because firstly, we are of different professions even though we're working on the same company. Secondly, I always go home late, I have no time to talk to them. Thirdly, I have no roommate. Fourthly,-"

I was so wrong of my first impression on her. She's also the usual! She's talking nonstop. But I understand her. She's been longing for not only a roommate, but also for a friend whom she can talk to til dawn.

I like her.

"You're Chinese, right? But why is your English so fluent?" I asked her.

"It is required to speak in English inside the company. Your income will be deducted if you speak in another language. The owner of the company is an American, though. And also, there are different nationalities in the company. So you can understand them if you speak English."

No wonder Kevin Shin is also fluent.

"Mind if you teach me Chinese?" I carelessly said.

What the hell was I thinking? It's clear that we need to speak English in the company but why am I saying this?

"Sure! Why not? It's one step to get closer! You need to learn Chinese because when you go out not all people understand English! I'm so excited!" She answered.

She read my mind. Haha. Interesting girl.

"Hey, it's your first day to work tomorrow right? Let's sleep. You must wake up early tomorrow. Boss hate late people the most. Haha. Turn off the lights and the TV. I'll sleep first."

"Okay." We exchanged good night greetings.

I turned off the lights. Then this commercial appeared in TV. It's a clothing apparel promotion. The model is handsome, and cool. I admit it. I think I saw this face?

Oh yeah. The poster in the cafeteria.

*Click* I turned it off.

What will it be like tomorrow? The usual? Meh. Let's sleep.

 

-END OF CH 4-

 

(Author's note: Sorry. The introduction is too long. I just want you to portray what kind of characters are there. Please be patient.)