The Fortune Teller (and Strike 3?)

Siblings and In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

 

 

“It doesn’t seem like all that many people are here,” Woohyun hyung began as he scan the lobby almost filled with people. “But you had to get an invitation to come.”

 

 

 

I nodded at him in agreement. “Right. It seems like some more people arrived today instead of yesterday. There’ll probably be more.”

 

 

 

“Woohyun! Where did you go off too?” it was Sunggyu hyung, whose voice was booming all over the lobby. Kekeke just kidding. “Hey, hurry up and get over here to greet people!” As quick as a lightning, he was already beginning to pull harshly on Woohyun hyung’s ear that he can’t help but yell in pain. “Ouch! Yah, Gyu hyung! I told you to not yank on my ear! Aisht!”

 

 

 

“Sungjong-ah, I’m going to borrow this monkey hyung of yours for a moment.” Sunggyu hyung turned his attention to me before completely dragging Woohyun hyung away. “He ran away because he knew he’d have to greet ‘old’ people…”

 

 

 

I laughed a little at that. Typical Woohyun hyung. Of course! Why would he push himself into me if he wasn’t meant to greet ‘old’ people today? So then, I waved them off. “Alright. Good luck, hyungs! Especially to you, Woohyun hyung”

 

 

 

“Yah, don’t say that! And stop will you, Gyu hyung!? O-ouch!” Sunggyu hyung didn’t wait around, he grabbed onto Woohyun hyung’s ear and pulled him to the center of the room.

 

 

But I wonder where Myungsoo hyung is?

 

 

After I saw Woohyun hyung off, I looked around the room restlessly. There I found Myungsoo hyung in the center of the room, greeting people with our father.

 

 

Sigh. I can’t interrupt them.

It will be a while until we eat, so maybe I have to kill some time.

 

 

The moment I turned around, I bumped into a woman heading in my direction.

 

 

 

“Ah!”

 

 

 

“S-sorry! Are you alright?” I apologized and bowed repetitively.

 

 

 

“I’m alright.” She touched my arm, telling me to stop bowing already and gave me a smile. “I really smacked into you there. Are you alright?”

 

 

 

I quickly nod my head in response. “Yes, I am. Sorry for not paying attention more.”

 

 

 

“No, no, my dear. I’m the one that should have been paying attention... Wait, huh?”

 

 

 

“Hmm?” The woman stared at me with vibrant brown eyes making me grew nervous.

 

 

What is it?

It’s like she can see right through me.

It makes me nervous.

 

 

Sensing that I have grown restless, the woman then smiled at me gently.

 

 

 

“You’re a very strong man, aren’t you? It must be hard to not grow completely discouraged and give up in this situation.”

 

 

 

My eyes widened in shock. “Eh?”

 

 

 

“Sungjong! Oh… You’ve met the fortune teller?” Myungsoo hyung has approached us from out of nowhere and I stared at him in disbelief.

 

 

 

“What!? This is the fortune teller you were talking about?” When Myungsoo hyung revealed who she was, I could finally understand why I felt so uneasy earlier.

 

 

What she said makes it seem like she understands the situation I’m in.

When she stared at me with those mysterious eyes…

It was as if she could see everything within me.

It’s terrifying…

 

 

 

“It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” The woman turned her attention to Myungsoo hyung and smiled the same smile at him. “I already met you once when you were younger right?”

 

 

 

“Did you?” Myungsoo hyung raised a questioning eyebrow at her. “Forgive me, but I don’t recall…”

 

 

 

“Oh, no. I met you before you could even speak.” She chuckled. “It’d be strange if you did remember, so don’t worry.” She snorted before she began to examine Myungsoo hyung closely. “Anyway, you’ve gotten considerably larger, haven’t you? It wouldn’t be all that strange for you to find someone good, would it?”

 

 

 

“I said the same to Seungsung ssi, but I haven’t thought about anything like that yet. The only thing I’m currently thinking about is protecting my father’s company.”

 

 

 

Each time my brother spoke, it felt like I was being stabbed with tiny needles.

 

 

He needs time, he says. I can’t help but scoff internally.

 

 

 

“Oh, is that so? I thought for sure that there was a person you like, Myungsoo.” The woman spoke with a suggestive glance at me.

 

 

 

“Please don’t joke around. Sungjongie is my younger brother, isn’t he?” That hit right in the gut.

 

 

 

“Oh, it’s not all that strange to fall in love with someone of the same gender that’s like family, is it? People fall in love with people, they seek them out. It’s a common thing.” I’m quite thankful that this fortune teller is pushing Myungsoo hyung to tell the truth. However, things just don’t go her way, neither mine.

 

 

 

“Sorry, but there’s nobody like that for me.” I glanced down, stayed like that and bit my lip hard. Don’t cry, Sungjong, don’t cry.

 

 

 

“Sure, that’s how you protect yourself, isn’t it?” I noticed that the woman looked at us sadly, but there was something that looked like pity in her gaze.

 

 

 

“Sungjongie! There you are!” Woohyun hyung is back and has ran to us and began tugging on my hand. “Greetings are finally over, so let’s go over there and rest.”

 

 

 

“Ah, W-Woohyun hyung!” before I could reply a bit more, he has completely snatched my hand and dragged me away from the fortune teller and Myungsoo hyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

 

That monkey is touching Sungjong too familiarly again!

 

 

Sungjongie was with me. Even though that was so simple, I couldn’t do a thing because of the fact that we are siblings. And yes, I know. Woohyun hyung and he are siblings too.

 

 

I probably hate that greasy hyung especially because he can shamefully do not so brotherly acts that I can’t.

 

 

As I was lost in thought, I heard a small cough, then my name being called. “Myungsoo.” I turned back to the fortune teller from a while ago. “With an expression like that, why did you say what you just said to me?”

 

 

 

“What are you talking about? About what?” I raised an eyebrow at her yet again.

 

 

 

“You’re going to pretend to know nothing until the very end, aren’t you?” She shook her head in incredulity. “It’s no concern of mine. However, isn’t he wondering if he’s really all that important to you?”

 

 

 

“…?” What is she saying?

 

 

She shook her head and heaved a sigh. “You haven’t noticed? Each time you denied your relationship, his expression was sad, wasn’t it? It’s easy to hide things. But I wonder if it will really make you both happy?”

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter