Arrived In London

Siblings and In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

 

 

“Yah, Sungjong! You took forever!” When we arrived at the airport, everyone from the house were already there except for me, my mom, and Myungsoo hyung.

 

 

 

“Now, now, Gyu hyung, it’s not even the time we planned for yet. You don’t need to say things like that.” Dongwoo hyung tried began patting his back, calming the unusually cranky (insert sarcasm here) in the morning person aka Sunggyu hyung.

 

 

 

“Don’t you know how long it takes for girls to get ready?” Hoya hyung remarked in a teasing manner and I glared and pouted at him.

 

 

I am not a girl! I mentally screamed at him and he quickly raised his hands up in surrender, feigning innocence. “Hey, I was referring to your mom here.” Now, it was mom’s turn to glare at him.

 

 

 

“Anyway, we got here 30 minutes early, didn’t we?” Sunggyu hyung spoke to no one in particular as he looked at his watch, before looking at me again. “I didn’t think you would show up just barely on time.”

 

 

Dongwoo hyung had said we made it early, but it was only five minutes earlier than we had planned. So I could see why Sunggyu hyung could be this irritated.

 

 

 

“We’re terribly sorry.” Mom spoke out, butting in the conversation. “We had less time because Sungjongie here overslept.” I never had the urge to facepalm myself very, very hard. Of course, my mom just had to sell me off to an already irritated Sunggyu hyung. Just great.

 

 

 

“…Of course. You caused this?” Gyu hyung said, not in a very question like manner. Upon hearing what my mom had just said, Sunggyu hyung’s glare at me just intensified. Well, it was expected.

 

 

I wanted to run away from all of their, well mostly from Gyu hyung’s, accusing stares, but all I could do was shrink in on myself.

 

 

 

“It may seem like Sungjong, but…” It was Myungsoo hyung who spoke this time, and when I turned to him, he was already staring at me. “You haven’t overslept since I’ve known you, have you?” I nodded at him in agreement. Seriously though, I haven’t overslept.

 

 

 

“In other words,” Myungsoo hyung continued speaking. “There’s no proof of that sort of thing is there?” He said in quite a venomous tone, most likely directed to my mom but trying to make it look like it was for Gyu hyung instead.

 

 

 

“Huh? You’re oddly mouthy first thing in the morning now huh?” Sunggyu hyung shot back, getting more irritated now that Myungsoo hyung is joining in and worst for him, defending me. “What are you gonna do about our lazy maknae then?”

 

 

 

“…” Myungsoo hyung remained speechless, but his glare at our hyung doesn’t falter. He and Sunggyu hyung had sparks flying between them, looking as if they would start a fist fight at any moment.

 

 

 

“Sunggyu hyung, could you stop being so rude?” This time it was Woohyun hyung who stepped forward to at least try calm the fuming Sunggyu hyung. And he too, got a glare in response.

 

 

 

“If we’re talking about being rude, wasn’t the student council president here rude first?” He pointed at Myungsoo hyung accusingly. “He started it for no damn reason.”

 

 

 

“…Hah.” Myungsoo hyung was about to retort back, when our father finally stepped in and tried to end this ridiculous conversation or rather quarrel.

 

 

 

“Kids, could we continue this conversation on the plane? We’ll be late if we stay here.” Our father spoke in a troubled tone. Sunggyu hyung and Myungsoo hyung fell silent with ashamed looks.

 

 

 

“By the way, Sungjongie~ you’ll be next to me~” Woohyun hyung sing-song’ed out of nowhere, appearing as if he wasn’t quarreling with Sunggyu hyung a while ago, and was about to grab me when

 

 

 

“No.” Myungsoo hyung replied faster than I could reply and he was the one who pulled on my hand instead.

 

 

 

“What the! Today is supposedly my day to spend with Sungjongie! ” Despite Woohyun hyung whining endlessly at him, Myungsoo hyung just walked off, tugging me along with him, pretending not to hear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We spent a few hours on the plane, then landed at London’s Heathrow Airport.

 

 

My whole body hurts from sitting so long. Not to mention, my ears are still hurting from all the whining Woohyun hyung did. He only stopped when father placed him in front of me in the plane, however the condition only worsen because he constantly bothered me with all his aegyo and weird pick-up lines. From the corner of my eye, I totally saw Myungsoo hyung’s eyes squinting in annoyance. I just sighed.

 

 

It was a private jet though, so it was somewhat more comfortable than normal. Nevertheless, after having been confined for so long, I felt a sense of relief at being outdoors.

 

 

 

“Father, what will we be doing from here?” I heard Sungyeol hyung ask.

 

 

 

“We’re going to go meet my old friend. I called him earlier to say we’re in the airport. He should find us soon.” Father replied, looking around for signs of this old friend of his.

 

 

 

“Since he bought a castle, he must be loaded. I can’t even imagine.”

 

 

 

“It’s because he has a large company like ours. I’m nervous as well.” Woohyun hyung and Hoya hyung were talking, and both spoke with a slightly wry smile. When I looked closely, I saw that even Sunggyu hyung and father looked slightly nervous.

 

 

 

“Jungyeop! Thank you for coming all this way!” A voice suddenly called out, startling all of us.

 

 

 

“Seungsung!” A man, around the same age as our father, spoke to us with his hand slightly raised.

 

 

 

“Sorry for coming with such a huge crowd.”

 

 

 

"Hey, don't worry about it. Wasn't I the one who told you to bring your whole family along? My wife will be delighted that you’ve brought all of your sons.” He smiled at us and turned his attention again to father. “I’ve got a car waiting outside, let’s head out.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

A few hours’ drive from the airport, we arrived at Seungsung ssi’s castle. And all I can say is that it looks really amazing.

 

 

The sight of candle flames flickering around brought forth nostalgic feelings

Please log in to read the full chapter