Step dad and siblings

Siblings and In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sungjong’s POV

 

A normal morning at the Woollim mansion (it’s actually the name of the mansion. Yes the mansion has a name) is very elegant.

 

Classical music playing and heard throughout the huge mansion.

 

The rich refined aroma of freshly prepared tea and coffee.

 

A breakfast that looks plain and simple yet made only from the best ingredients in the world.

 

This has been a lifestyle that I have grown accustomed to ever since my mother has happily married the head of this mansion.

 

My new stepfather has wholeheartedly accepted me under in his care even though I didn’t show any respect or likeness towards him when we have first met. In short, I used to be a mean brat to him.

 

 

 

 

The first time he set foot on our old and small house… It was 1 and a half year ago.

 

My mom said she will introduce me to someone special she has met overseas during her work. I already know that this special someone is bad news and believed that he’s going to take my mother very far away from me. I mean, I kinda thought and planted into my mind, in short convinced myself that since he was only courting my mother and getting to her good side, it means that he only likes my mother and will only taker her. Other things or creatures or whatever attached to her will be left behind.

 

Yeah, that’s how horrible I thought of him. That’s why I kept glaring at him every time he knocks on our front door and enters our house with a big smile on his face, bribing me with gifts that I don’t accept. That’s why as soon as he steps inside our home, I eventually runs and locks myself up in my room the whole time he’s there, only coming out when he has already left the house.

 

 

And despite all of those things I have done to him, he only returned to me his utmost and sincere smile and kindness.

 

 

Then one day, my pet cat, Penny, went missing. It was a cat given to me by my real father as a Christmas present. That Christmas, being the last occasion we have celebrated with him before he passed away. My mom was really depressed after that, that I almost thought that she won’t ever move on from it.

 

 

But then I was wrong.

 

Because that other man came into her life.

 

 

Oh anyways, back to my cat, Penny, she went missing one morning when I was about to feed her breakfast. Usually, she will come running to me whenever she hears me filling her food bowl. But that day, she didn’t. Thinking that she might have not heard or was sleeping, I called for her name instead.

 

 

But still, no Penny.

 

 

So, I searched all over our small house for her: peeking under my bed, checking inside the bathroom, peeking under our sofa, kicking the trash can, etc.

 

Not having much luck inside our house, I went out and knocked on our neighbors’ doors, asking them if anyone among them saw my cat. But all of them gave me the same answer: “No, I didn’t.”

 

Giving up on knocking on neighbors’ doors, I just ran around the neighborhood while I desperately call for her name.

 

 

But unfortunately, still, no Penny.

 

 

It was around afternoon when I decided to give up and go home. I was still really sad about Penny that I haven’t even remembered not eating breakfast and lunch, and more so I did not even notice someone perched by the bushes, waiting for me.

 

“Sungjong” That call of my name startled me that I immediately snapped out of my thoughts and positioned myself into a fighting stance, ready to kick the daylights out of the culprit.

 

Turns out that the culprit is none other than my mother’s suitor, who was obviously waiting an hour early for my mother to come home. I instantly glared at him and turned my back to him so I can quickly get inside the house and shut the door right on his face.

 

However, another call for my name and a ‘meow’ prevented me from doing so. I was still trying to register in my mind if I had heard that ‘meow’ right before I spun around and found my precious Penny being cradled by my mom’s suitor.

 

“Penny!” I shrieked in glee and ran to snatch her away from him before lifting her up and rubbing my face on her face.

 

“I found her behind the bushes.” The bushes! Of course! Why haven’t I looked for her there? “I heard rustling sounds and thought there’s a raccoon at your yard. And uh… Then I found her cornering a mole.”

 

I raised an eyebrow at him. “A mole?”

 

He nodded. “Yes, there is a mole in your yard. It looks like it’s from your farmer neighbor.”

 

Well, I couldn’t care much about the mole. Besides, we don’t plant and harvest fruits and vegetables. I think it will change its mind yet again and return to the farmer.

 

I began to cradle Penny in my arms and it purred happily as a response. I giggled and then remembered that she has yet to eat, considering she was gone since morning. I turned around and headed to enter the house.

 

But of course, since I was feeling really thankful for the return of my cat and happy at the fact that this man returned not just an ordinary cat, but a special present from my deceased father, I turned to him yet again and bowed to him in 90 degrees.

 

 

“S-Sungjong?”

 

 

“Ajusshi, thank you for returning this precious cat to me.” I returned to my original standing position and motioned for him to come inside. “It’s cold here outside. Please you should wait for my mom inside.” I flashed him a small and awkward smile then ran off inside, leaving the door open for him.

 

 

 

 

And ever since that day, I have learned and began to appreciate and like him. I was surprised when one day, he came up to me and asked me for my mom’s hand in marriage. He said he wants a peaceful marriage, one where he is sure that no one will oppose and have secret grudges. I snickered at what he just did and then proceeded to give them my blessing.

 

 

 

 

So now, here I am, living happily and

Please log in to read the full chapter