Right All Along

Relapse

Luhan's POV

 

    It was awfully quiet that particular morning. Almost everyone at the party crashed at the dorm so I figured at least someone else would be awake. I was wrong, of course. But then again, it was early. I looked around the room for a while stretching, and breathing in the all of the morning air as I yawned. I crept into the bathroom to freshen up and change my clothes, for I had somewhere to be within the next half hour. After getting dressed, washing up and brushing my hair and teeth, I decided to head downstairs. The steps creaked with every small movement of my feet, so I went down slowly as to not wake anyone.

 

    When I finally got down to the kitchen, I noticed something quite peculiar. "Zhang Yixing, what are you doing up?" I asked Yixing, who was sitting on his wheelchair and cutting up vegetables at the counter.

 

    Yixing laughed heartily, "I should be asking you the same thing. But instead I will say Good morning, Lu ge!"

 

    I smiled at him and replied, "Good morning," then I stood across from him at the counter and reached for a vegetable.

 

    "Stop!" Yixing commanded before I was able to touch the carrot, "What are you doing?"

 

    "I'm helping you!"

 

    "Uh-uh," Yixing then motioned to the sink, "Not without washing your hands first!"

 

    I suddenly felt embarrassed, "Haha, of course." Then I proceeded to the sink to wash my hands. Typical Yixing, always thinking of our health first before anything. Whenever we were feeling hurt or sick, he would always be the first to help or tell us about his concern for our health. He was definitely a pleasure to have around. I was thankful for him.

 

    After my hands were washed and dried, I turned back to the counter and noticed that all of the vegetables were already cut up. I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "Wow. You sure are fast! How do you do that?"

 

    Yixing shrugged, "Changsha secret. You wouldn't know." He laughed and then put all of the cut vegetables into a bowl.

 

     "Well I guess I won't ask any questions. So you're making breakfast? Why?" I was actually looking forward to a home cooked meal for so long.

 

     "You said you wouldn't ask any questions," Yixing shook his head. "Yes, I'm making breakfast for everyone. But please don't tell. I want it to be a surprise."

 

     I nodded, "Alright. You won't need to worry about me telling anyone, anyway. I'm going out for a bit."

 

    "Going somewhere this early?"

 

    "I'll be back by breakfast! Save some hot food for me!" I patted Yixing on the shoulder, put my shoes on, and left through the back door.

 

  The rest of the members would probably wonder where I was, but I did not want to tell them. I feared that they would come looking for me if they knew where I was going. Nobody had to know anyway, it was my own business that I needed to take care of. The only way I could possibly feel better about myself and my future is if I did this. My feet dragged my whole body to the point of complete exhaustion. Where was I going? Perhaps if I got to him in time, I could find the answer to that question.

 

  I carried myself as far as I could go before I felt someone come up from behind me. I was in shock, and stopped without moving even an inch further. "Luhan..." I heard a familiar voice say, and then I turned around. It was Liz, an exchange student from overseas whom I studied with back in China.

    "It's been so long," she said to me in Mandarin. Her pronunciation improved so much since the last time I saw her.

 

    Somehow, my body lunged forward and automatically hugged her. It was almost as if I was being controlled by someone else. She felt so warm, just like I remembered. "Li Ji," I whispered, "I've missed you."

 

    "What are you doing here?" I asked her, still clinging to her as if she would slip away at any moment.

 

    She pulled away from me for a second and smiled at me, "I'm here on vacation, and to visit my dad."

 

    I raised my eyebrows in surprise, "Ah, wow! That's great! Maybe we can hang out for a little while."

 

    "Maybe," she giggled as she finally let go of me and started to walk away.

 

    "Wait, Li Ji! Where are you going?" I asked, following her.

 

    "Aren't you coming inside?" She asked, opening the door to the office building. "You're here to visit my dad too, right?"

 

    Her dad was a lawyer who traveled all over the world. He was a very kind man, but also very stern and hardworking. He was well known because of how good he was at his job. I originally met Liz and her father when I was in college. Things were a lot different back in those days, when I had a lot less to worry about than I do now.

 

    All of the stress that I deal with now got me thinking. I should go talk to Liz's father about my situation. There's been a lot bothering me lately in the company, dealing with my intense schedules. I wanted to talk to the guys about it, but I was afraid that they wouldn't be up for it. I know them all too well. At least for the Korean members, they have it a bit easier than the Chinaline. We get treated differently because we are Chinese. It was very tiring and I didn't want to deal with it anymore.

 

     Liz looked back at me as I followed her inside the building. I hadn't even bothered to tell her the real reason why I was wandering around town. "Are you alright, Lu ge?" She asked with concern.

 

    I nodded my head, "I'm great. Never been better." I lied through my teeth. I was actually very worried about Yifan. The real reason I left the dorm was to go look for him. I wasn't sure where I was going to find him, though. But my gut is never wrong. I knew he would be in a place that was the last place I would ever think to look.

 

    Liz lead me into her father's office. As soon as I opened the door, I saw a familiar face I hadn't seen in a while. I was incredibly relieved, yet also a bit shocked. And no, it wasn't Liz's father.

 

    He turned around slowly, wide-eyed and nervous when he realized it was me. "Lu- Luhan..." He said softly.

    "Yifan," I whispered as I stood there frozen like a statue. My gut was right all along.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: WHOAH! It's been such a long time since I've updated this story! Sorry to any of my subscribers! I'll try to keep this fic updated as best as I can. More is definitely on the way though, I promise!