Life is Not a Luxury

Relapse

Soonhee's POV

 

    I woke up to the sweet smell of pancakes from the kitchen lingering up to the bedroom. I stretched and yawned, taking in the beautiful morning. From the crisp air outside through the slightly open window, to the morning sun peeking it's light through the blinds. The sound of someone in the kitchen making breakfast made me want to run down as quickly as I could. I wondered who it could be. A lot of people did decide to spend the night since the party, but I didn't think that anyone would be up this early.

 

    When I came down the stairs and went into the kitchen, I saw a small cloud of smoke coming from the stove. In front of the stove was Yixing, carefully cooking something. My heart almost jumped out of my throat when I saw him standing. "YIXING!" I yelled "Are you crazy?! The doctor told you not to be on your feet for at least two weeks!" I ran over to him with his wheelchair, which was folded and against the wall.

 

    "Soonhee-yah!" He scolded, "Why must you act so paranoid?" Then he took the wheelchair and set it aside. "I'm perfectly fine, see?" His laugh suddenly reassured me. But the reassurance didn't last long, as he toppled over on me merely seconds later. He laughed again and kissed my lips as he leaned on me against the counter.

 

    I playfully slapped him, "Don't scare me like that again, hm?" Then I reached for his wheelchair and unfolded it. "Now come and sit back down. I'll finish breakfast."

 

    "No, no," Yixing refused, "I've been doing well on my own so far. Let me finish please." With his last statement, I sat on the stool at the counter and watched him carefully.

 

    "Why must you be so stubborn?" I snickered. He just laughed and shook his head.

 

    Footsteps could be heard from the stairs just outside of the kitchen. A pair of old slippers dragged across the floor and into the kitchen. In those old slippers was a bed-headed Kyungsoo, dressed in an oversized leftover BWCW T-shirt, and Donald Duck pajama pants (they were Luhan's). He yawned and stretched before saying, "What's cooking?" His eyes half closed, he let his nose guide him further toward the food.

 

    Yixing put everything he made on a large platter, then he took rice out of the rice cooker and put it in a large bowl. "Wow, that's a lot of food, yeobo," I stated as my stomach growled.

 

    Kyungsoo sounded like he had a lion living in his stomach. "I'm so hungry," he groaned, "Do I have to wait for everyone else to wake up to eat it, hyung?"

 

    "No," Yixing chuckled, "Grab a plate and help yourself."

 

    Kyungsoo bowed to him, "Thank you so much!" And immediately ran for the dishes and silverware. He looked very anxious before about the food.

 

    "He seems very excited about breakfast this morning," I pointed out.

 

    Yixing nodded and sighed, "It's very rare for us to have a home cooked meal. I was thankful that the market near us had a sale on most of their breakfast items. On days like this, I'm happy to finally relax and partake in average luxuries like this. And I'm also happy to give back to my members who work so hard and make breakfast for them. They deserve it."

 

   "You all deserve it," I mentioned to him as I put my arm around him and lead him to the kitchen table to sit down, "but you know, food shouldn't be considered a luxury. It's a necessity."

 

    "It's a luxury to us since we have poor eating habits due to our busy schedules nowadays," Yixing replied looking sullen. "Back during our debut days it was different. We had more of an opportunity to have regular diets. But now, we basically starve ourselves for the sake of time and not to mention the terrible amount of pressure put on us."

 

   I wanted to cry for these boys after hearing what they have to go through. Nobody should ever be treated that way, ever. "I know it's probably tough to get all twelve of you to sit down and eat normally," I said as I tried to hold back any pitiful emotion, and handed Yixing a plate of food, "But you all have to at least make an effort."

 

    "Please tell me how to do that," Kyungsoo butted in, taking a seat at the table with us, "We could never tell the company how we felt about something, regardless if it had to do with out health or not. They don't take the time to listen."

 

    "I think I overheard Baekhyun talking about it over the phone," Yixing mentioned. "I'm not sure who he was talking to though. Probably one of his friends. Though, the voice did sound familiar."

 

   "Hm, I wonder," I thought to myself. That could have had something to do with how he was acting at the party the night before. Who knows.

   Seconds later, my cell phone rang. "Speaking of phones," I said aloud, "I'll be right back." I picked up my phone and went into the next room. Nari was calling.

 

    "Soonhee-yah..." She said softly.

 

    "Unnie? What's up?"

 

    "I have to tell you something, but you have to promise me you won't say a word to anyone else about it." She said seriously, but her voice a little shaky.

 

    Nari was making me feel a little nervous and worried with what she said to me. "I promise," I said back.

 

    "Okay, here it comes," She said before taking a deep breath. "Aish! How do I say this?!"

 

   "Spit it out already!" I demanded.

 

   "I- I'm," she started, and then sighed again, "I'm pregnant."

 

    Something didn't quite click in my mind at that very second. I thought she was just messing around with me. "What? Are you serious?" I asked, still unsure.

 

    "I just took a test this morning because I'm already two weeks late today. At first I figured it was because of my diet lately but..." She paused, "The test came out positive.. And Yifan is the father."

 

    She started to cry and I tried to calm her down quietly so nobody in the kitchen could hear me. "Listen, unnie, everything is going to be okay."

 

    "How is Yifan ever going to find out? He still hasn't called me back. If he's not here with me through all of this I don't know what I'll do!" She cried some more.

 

    "We're going to find him. I promise you. I'm sure once we find a way to contact him and tell him about this, then he'll come rushing back to you."

    "But what if he doesn't? What if this drives him further away from me? I still love him... I don't want him to hate me." She sobbed.

 

     "Kris isn't like that. He would never do that." I replied. I don't know why I was still calling him Kris and not Yifan.  I guess it had a special meaning to me. "I know he still loves you. I'm more than one hundred percent sure." Half of me felt like I was getting her hopes up. And the other half of me was actually sure.

 

     Nari finally calmed down a bit and said, "Can you come down to the park near my house and meet me there at noon? We can look for him together." Finally, she was starting to sound more confident.

 

     "Of course I will! See you then!" I said, and then we both said goodbye and I hung up the phone. I sighed deeply and peeked through the kitchen at Yixing and Kyungsoo. Jongdae and Chanyeol joined them at the table. They looked like a bunch of little kids in their pajamas and messy hair, fighting over the last piece of toast.

 

     I often wondered how I got so lucky to have someone in my life as amazing and wonderful as Yixing. It was so surreal to me to even think about it. Then I think about Nari, and I realize that true happiness comes with a price. But it shouldn't have to be that way. Love shouldn't be a struggle. The more and more I thought about it, the more it didn't make any sense. Something wasn't right here. Kris, I mean Yifan, wouldn't just leave someone he loved so much and not tell them why he left or where he was. Either something very bad happened to him or he was hiding from someone. Or maybe even both. I hated to think about it, but you never know.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Finally! It's been updated lol I know it's been a while cause I've been very busy (I just got a new job). But some nights before going to bed I find myself working on this story bit by bit. Chapter 8 might come sooner than you think ;] Also, make sure to subscribe! The story will get better I promise!