Homecoming

Relapse

    Taking one step forward and one breath in and out, I knew it was finally time. I would get to see him again. My precious Yixing that I missed so much, the person I've been worrying about and crying over for days. He's finally recovered and is finally getting out of the hospital. My heart grew ten times it's size and felt heavy as a rock beating in my chest. The blood in my veins became cold.

 

    I looked down the empty hallway of the ICU. I perked my head up and tried to listen for a voice, or something but there was nothing. I took a few more steps, clenching my fists with anxiety. Then a faint sound came from the last room on the left. A shadow cast on the faint gray hospital tile. Only inches outside of the door, yet I could tell it was him. I recognized the way he breathed out of his nose when he laughed heartily.

 

    He finally rolled out of the room and into the hallway in a wheelchair, accompanied by Luhan who was pushing him. My feet suddenly had a mind of their own as I rushed down the hallway, my heart still beating uncontrollably and tears flowing from my eyes. My whole body was like clockwork, each tear rolling down with every heartbeat.

 

    I didn't even make it halfway down the hallway and I was already near him. I stopped abruptly and stared at him for a moment. I wanted to gaze into his eyes and see that passion he always had, the strength in his spirit, and the warmth in his smile.

 

    He just looked at me and blinked. "Well?" He asked, "Are you going to just stand there or are you going to let me hug you?"

 

    I laughed a bit and hugged him without hesitation, tears still coming out every split second. "I missed this feeling so much. I missed you so much."

 

    "I know," he calmly said. I still wasn't letting go of him, "It's been far too long."

 

    After a few good seconds I let go, only to finally kiss his soft lips, which I also missed. He smiled to let his dimple show, and I poked it gently like I always would. When finally stopped crying, he wiped away my tears and kissed my forehead.

 

    Luhan stood there awkwardly, "So," he began, "Should I leave now or...?"

 

    "No no no," I strictly replied, "Absolutely not." I got up and put my arm around his shoulder. "We are all going to go out and celebrate Yixing's homecoming."

 

    "All of us?" Yixing asked, "What about Kris?"

 

 

    My heart sank immediately at the mention of Kris. I remembered that he was still missing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(The first chapter is pretty short. It's more of an introduction. But don't worry, there's more on the way! ~chaixing)