New Habits (Myungyeol)

Kidfinite Shenanigans

Myungsoo was a very lazy kid.

Unlike most kids his age who likes to play around, the raven head would rather stay in bed and stare at his celling the whole day. What he sees on that white painted wood no one knows, but Jongwoon had enough.

Armed with a pair of nets and bringing a basket full of empty jars, he proceeded on dragging his younger brother out of the house and the two raven headed Kim's embarked on an adventure towards the nearest playground to look for bugs Jongwoon may add to his growing collection.

Not even an hour after their arrival, the younger Kim was already forgotten on the side as he clutched on his own net and watched his older brother get heated on the hunt and was commando crawling on the grassy field, whistling some weird tune that was supposed to attract the bugs.

"Hi! Are you new here?" A squeaky voice greeted on his side, Myungsoo blinked his eyes once and dragged it on the person who talked beside him. The first thing he noticed was how tall the boy was and his obvious huge eyes.

He blinked once again when he remembered the tall boy asked him a question before nodding in answer. The tall boy squealed in delight before unceremiously bringing Myungsoo in a tight hug.

"Me too! What's your name? Mine's Sungyeol!" The tall boy - Sungyeol - exclaimed. Myungsoo blinked a few more times at the boy and was having a hard time catching up to what he said. This was the first time he met such an energetic kid, his hyung really wasn't the talking type like him same with his parents and they really were the kind of people who prefers action over words so he was really surprised by the other's beaming energy.

"I'm Myungsoo," he finally managed to say, "And that is my Hyung." he pointed towards his hyung who was now jumping up and down on the air while waving his net around, trying to catch the white butterfly fluttering above him. "His name is Jongwoon."

It was Sungyeol's turn to blink at him before his eyes followed where he was pointing at and stared at his brother in curiosity. "What is your hyung doing?"

"Catching bugs." Sungyeol turned back at him with sparkling eyes.

"Is that fun?" Myungsoo shrugged.

"Dunno, this is the first time I'm trying it." Without another word, the net on his grasp was already taken and Myungsoo can only stare as Sungyeol joined his brother as the both of them jumped around trying to catch the butterfly.

Not even a minute later, Sungyeol threw the net on the ground and marched back to where the youngest Kim was standing. Pouting and muttering about how tiring catching bug was, Myungsoo once again found himself being dragged as Sungyeol brought them to the sand box, exclaiming at the top of his voice about making the most awesome castle where both he and Myungsoo would be the kings.

And for the first time in his life, Myungsoo smiled and laughed along with someone that wasn't his family. He didn't know there could be an activity more fun than staring at his ceiling, and he was glad his brother brought him out that day.

At the end of the day, when he and his brother were on their way back home, Sungyeol shouted him goodbye and a promise to meet again tomorrow. Myungsoo replied with an eager nod and waved in good bye.

The day got even better when Jongwoon gave him a proud smile for successfully making his first friend and patted his head fondly.


A/N: I'll start working on the requests after I introduce all of the characters. Don’t forget to drop them in my Ask.fm account! *^^*