Twin Talk

What Am I ?

You woke up and looked at the clock. 4:00 AM. You woke up because of a nightmare about Hades and the battle. You realized that everyone was still sleeping so you decided to do something else to kill the time since you knew you wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and you decided to do something that always helps you to relax. Go for a swim.

You quickly went downstairs and went to the backyard, took off your clothes and changed to your mermaid form and went inside the water.

You swam really fast and soon reached a cavern you used to go to free your mind, you stopped there, sat on a rock and just enjoyed the breeze and the scenario in front of you until you started to feel a presence and was almost going back to the water when that voice spoke.

"Ariel, wait. It's me. Calm down." The voice you knew really, really well spoke from behind you and came to sit by your side. "Oh my God, you almost gave me a heart attack. I thought it was a human that have seen me like this and was trying to cath me." You said sighing and turning to look at him. He was the same from the last time you saw him. Blonde and handsome as ever

"What are you doing here ? And how did you find me here ?" You asked curious, he just gave you his famous smirk. "You know that being your twin makes it even easier to find you, don't you think ? But I knew that if you were troubled you would go here since it helps you to relax".

" I really don't get it. We are twins yet so different." You said and he laughed at your statement. "True but I think that's what makes us love each other so much and understand each other so much. I would do anything for you." He said and smiled at you. "I agree and so would I. Some crazy twins are we ?" You said giggling.

"Yeah but I'm clearly the handsome one, and the most charming, the most ...." He was saying and you interrupted. "Cocky and annoying and irritating." You said.

"Okay, I get it. But anyway, why are you here ? I was at the other side of the world and could still feel that you were troubled so I came here. Now spill everything." He said and you sighed before telling everything that has happened with you these past few days here.

"Alright, I think I get it. You still think that you are not the best choice to take the throne and that maybe you are not strong enough to go through with the responsability of running the universe and the people ? " He said and you nodded. " Yep that pretty much resumes everything.".

"Come on Ariel, it has been 3 years since I started to live in the human world and you are still with those same thoughts. I thought that all of our support, not only from the Poseidon and Aphrodite family but as well as of our uncles and aunts you would have already got past that silly insecurity you have ever since you heard that you were the heir. You are our best choice you idiot."He said and knocked on your head.

"Why it can't be you ? I mean we are twins amd you are much mpe cpnfodent than I am and you would be a great leader. I wouldn't mind. At all." You said rubbing your head.

" But I would. I can't and I don't want to be a leader.  I am not selfish and just want to put all the pressure on you but I woud as a leader and you know it."

"I am not trying to run away with my duty as your brother and as a God, when the time comes I promise you will find me there with you all the way but until then I just want to have a little bit of fun and I think you should too. I'm sure Mom and Dad wouldn't mind or be disappointed at you or anything like that." He said truthfully. 

" I don't know, I think I wouldn't feel comfortable being like that when I have a big responsability waiting for me and the time getting nearer. I think I will just try to surpass my insecurity by working harder to prove firstly for myself that I can do it." You said determined.

" And that's why you were the chosen one and not me." He said and both of you started to laugh at his joke.

" Hey to change the subject, how are you doing after your break up ?" You asked him and felt his smile fade away. "I won't lie to you, I'm still completely in love with her and I don't think I will be able to forget her for the rest pf my life."  

"But it was for the best, she is a human and with the time of the battle getting nearer I knew I would have to leave her anyway so I just chose to break it off before it got to deep. Remember Dad and Sally? How it was hard for him to leave her?"

"It even made him weaker, he was lucky to find in Mom the rock and the love he needed to help him cope with it and at the end he really fell crazily in love with her and here we are."

"Maybe that's what I should expect for my love life. Beng married with a full Goddess or in your case a demigod would do it too.By the way I'm really happy you have finally fell in love and I'm glad she loves you back. I hope and wish the best for you two." He chuckled bitterly at his own words. You smiled sadly to see your brother on this condition.

"I'm sorry to bring it up. I really didn't mean to reopen the wound and add more pain to your heart." You said and lowered your head.

"Hey don't say that. I'm glad I got to talk with you about it , you didn't reopen the wound even because it was not even closed or healed . But talking with you, it somehow is starting to close, I can feel it. Little by little, but it will."

"I'm glad I got to put it out and I'm glad you were my shoulder to lean on. You are the best sister/twin ever." He said hugging you. "And you are the best brother/ twin ever." You hugged him back and you both just enjoyed each other's embrace for a few minutes without any words being spoken even because they weren't needed it.

" Hey one more thing, when are you coming home , hein ? We all miss you especially Mom and Pegasus. You and Tyson still haven't come back." You said and he chuckled. 

" Well, Ty is having a great time working with Percy at the demigod camp, at least is what he told me when I visited him. He even found himself a girlfriend. I do not remeber her name but I know she is Uncle Ares' daughter." He said and you smiled.

" Well that's good to hear, Dad will be very happy to know that he is doing fine. It's not easy to be a cyclop but I'm glad he doesn't let that fact get on the way." You said and looked in front and realized the sun was already up.

" I think it's time for us to go back. You to the palace and me to my beautiful apartment,  I have to finish a song I've been writing. I will send it to you when I finish , deal ?" He asked and you nodded. " Deal." You shook his hand and hugged him.

" Thanks for helping even though I didn't ask for it. Thanks for sensing that I needed someone to talk to and thanks for being that someone." You said and looked at his eyes.

"Well, , that's what twins are for and you did the same for me, I really neede to talk to someone who could understamd my decision of leaving my Sooyeon. "He said and smiled sadly but much better than before.

"So that's the name of the girl that broke your heart. It's a beautiful name." You said. " I was the one who broke her heart, I still can remeber every detail of how she cried and begged me not to leave her. I have never been more hurt than when I saw her that way but what helps is to think that I did the right thing for both of us. Anyway, it was great to see and talk to you again, Twinnie ." He said pushing you to the water.

"Yah you pabo.But yeah it was great. Hope I get to see you again soon, Twinnie." You said as he got up.

"We will. Bye Ariel." He said and waved at you. "Bye Kris." You waved back at him who teleported and left. You smiled and started to swam back with a light heart thanks to your amazing twin whom you love so so so much and know he loves you just as much as you do.