Chapter 3: Big Hit High School

When Two Hearts Tangle

“Lets review what we know about her so far.” said Rap Monster to V.

The pair were sitting side by side in the back seat of a car as a woman, who was pretending to be their mother, was driving them to Big Hit High School. Big Hit High School was a private school where most wealthy, upper class parents sent their children. It was among the most privileged schools in the country and only a few hundred students were selected to enroll their each year. 

The agency had managed to falsify documents and enroll all seven members into the school, however they were each enrolled under a different last name in order to avoid suspicion. Jin and Jung Kook were the only two they had made be siblings while other members were unrelated to one another and required to act as friends.  

It was risky having all seven of them arrive at the same time, therefore after they stepped off the helicopter, they were split up into separate vehicles, and to be dropped off at the school at different times and in separate locations. 

Before leaving for their mission, they were given a school uniform, school supplies, a make over that made them appear younger and like more natural teenagers, and the most important item, a cell phone that they were ordered to only in cases of emergencies. 

“Let’s see.” said V, opening the folder Riker had given to them shortly after they boarded the helicopter. “She’s in a bunch of clubs, the poetry club, dance club, horse back riding….ah…why does she have to be involved in so many things?”

“Not that.” Rap Monster took the folder from him. “I meant, personality wise.”

“Eh, it doesn’t really say.” said V as he stared out the car window. “We’ll have to find out when we get there.”

“I guess you’re right.”

Minutes later, their driver pulled up in front of the large school that stretched for what seemed like miles. The school was surrounded by a large black gate that had gold letters lining the top that read, “Big Hit High School”. A small subscript beneath it read, “Where talented flourishes”. A long chalky, white walk way led into the doors that led into the building. It had the appearance of a college campus, more than it did a high school for developing teenagers.  

“Thanks for the ride,  Mom.” said V as he climbed out of the vehicle, trying his best to play his role.

“You don’t actually have to call her that.” said Rap Monster as he elbowed him.

“Oh, sorry, best friend.” he said while elbowing Rap Monster in return.

“Ugh…”

They made their way up the walk way, passing by hundreds of students who were standing around outside, waiting for classes to begin. The group of students standing in front of the building were highly segregated by the many different clichés that they each fit into.  The honor students harbored in one area, while the artistically gifted in another spot, and dozen of others were scattered about.  

Rap Monster and V appeared as outsiders, since the two obviously didn’t belong to any of the groups. They stayed close to one another and wandered casually about. Big Hit High School had a dress code for each of their students which consisted of a white collared shirt, a black jacket, and matching black jeans  for the boys, while girls wore long sleeved shirts and skirts that shared similar colors.  

“We stand out…so much.” commented Rap Monster.

“Nah! We just have to find our place, like this…”

Before Rap Monster could stop him, V wandered over to a group of four teens who were standing beneath a tree. He was unaware, but they were among the cliché of students who already managed to obtain the lowest scores even though school had just began. They seemed to have a bitter attitude about life even though they were far to young to have experienced any real hardships. 

“What’s up?” he said as if he knew him.

“Um…can we help you?” asked one snobby girl as she eyed him from head to toe. 

“No, not really…so what are we talking about?”

“Nothing that involves you.” retorted a teen with pimples scattering across his face. “Who are you any way?”

“I’m V and I’m new here.”

“Then you better not get caught by the Welcomers.” advised the snobby girl. “They beat up new people .”

“What…?” V laughed nervously and quickly added. “No, no, no…I didn’t say that I was new, I said that I’m knew. You know…k.n.e.w.”

“Knew?” they all repeated.

“Yeah, I’m knew around school because I’ve been here for so long.” he quickly rambled on. “So that means that I can’t get beat up because everyone knows me.” He then smiled, revealing his teeth.

“We don’t know you.” said the snobby girl in an outraged tone and widened eyes. “In fact, I’ve never seen you in my life.” 

Before he could utter another word, Rap Monster yanked him away from the group by his shoulders and wrapped his around his neck as he dragged him away.

“It was nice meeting you.” V quickly uttered before Rap Monster and him were a safe distance away.

“That obviously wasn’t working out for you.” said Rap Monster. “And look, there’s Jung Kook, Suga, and Jin.”

Rap Monster pointed and a short distance away, Jin, Jimin, and Jung Kook stood beside two other students in a small circle and appeared deeply engrossed in a conversation. Jimin had been the only member transported to the school on his own and during that time, he had managed to casually meet up with Jin and Jung Kook without drawing any attention to himself. 

“They’re fitting in well.” said Rap Monster.  

“Meh…but look at Jung Kook.” said V gesturing toward his outfit. “He’s  dressed properly from head to toe, with his little jacket buttoned up neatly, and there aren’t any wrinkles in his little jeans, and he’s holding his little school books like he’s eager to learn.”

“Why do you keep describing everything about him with the word ‘little’?”

“That’s not the point.” V said as he handed Rap Monster his books. “He doesn’t look like a regular student. He’s too preppy, but don’t worry, I’ll fix him.”

V raced across the campus and quickly closed the gap between him and the others. Rap Monster watched him approach Jung Kook and then ruffle his hair, his jacket, and pull his collar out of place. The two random students seemed caught off guard by his intrusion, but Jin quickly introduced V to them.  

“You want to bet that he’s going to blow our cover?” said a familiar voice.  

Slightly startled, Rap Monster looked over his shoulder as Suga moved forward and stood beside him. 

“Probably so…” Rap Monster then asked. “Have you seen…her yet?”

There was little elaboration needed on the vague pronoun, “her” because they were both highly aware of who he was talking about. Suga shook his head and then ran his hand through his silky hair, straightening any imperfections in his school boy hair cut.  

“Not yet.” said Suga.

“This is a big school,” said Rap Monster. “But Tangy said that we all have at least one class or two classes with her.”

“Is it strange…that I have a bad feeling about this?” asked Suga as he stared blankly off into the distance.

“What do mean?” asked Rap Monster, who couldn’t hide the concern he was suddenly feeling. “What do you feel bad about?”

“I’m not sure…whenever we start a mission, I have this positive feeling and afterwards everything goes well…but for this one…I just feel like everything is going to go completely wrong.”

They were silent for a moment, with only the noise of the other students, creating a noisy background melody for them. During the several years they had spent working along side one another, this was the first and only time that Suga had ever expressed any concern for one of their missions. Rap Monster was unsure if they perhaps he was foreshadowing something deadly or maybe Suga was simply overreacting.  

“Don’t worry too much about it, man.” said Rap Monster while placing a reassuring arm on his shoulder. “You’re probably just confused since this mission is suppose to be super easy.”

The intercom enacted on several large poles across the campus came to life. “Would all students please enter the building and head to their scheduled classes. I repeat, would all students please enter the building and head to their scheduled classes.”

“No,” they heard  V shout a short distance away while looking up at the sky as though that were the source of the voice. “I would not!” 

“Thank you and have a good day.” concluded the announcer.

“Well,” said Suga. “Let’s do this.”