When Fate Plays A Game

Shattered Memories

***************

 

... I still can't piece it together.

Why was Chanyeol there that day?
Why do I always think of him?
Why did I fall in love with him so fast?

I've only seen this guy a few times, seeing him at the airport was the third, I believe.

But it felt like I've known him forever. It's like he's always been there and I've only recently noticed him. It seemed like I was just not noticing him before, but now all I could think about is him.

Is this how love-at-first-sight feels?

 

---

"Hey, Baekhyun-hyung!" a voice called out startling the two. Chanyeol was now right in front of them waving his hand and grinning.

"Oh hey, Chanyeol-ah!" Baekhyun replied then stood up to shake the giant's hand.

Then comes the awkward silence... (cue in the owl sounds! kroo~kroo~kroo)

"Hiya Chanyeol~! I'm Minseok..." the oldest butted in now shaking hands with the taller. "So, you're friends with Baekkie?" he asked. "Yep, we met a few days ago." Chanyeol answered. "Hmm, interesting. How'd you meet him?" the older asked again.

Baekhyun was now tugging on Minseok's shirt, hinting him to stop. Minseok is a very tactless guy - he'll ask whatever he feels like asking and he usually wrings the answer out of those people he ask. And by the tone of his voice, Baekhyun knew the older feels like bombarding the giant with questions.

"Well, we met at the park." Chanyeol replied. "Okay, so you're dating?" Minseok asked bluntly, causing the giant to blush.

"Yaaaa~ Minseok-hyung! What are you talking bout?" Baekhyun said hitting the older's arm. He too, was blushing like crazy.

"Wait, Baekhyun is dating someone?" Kyungsoo  said (since when did he get back?).

Chanyeol was about to answer when Baekhyun interrupted "No! We're not dating. I just took a photo of him at the park and he wanted a copy of it, that's all." He stared at the table avoiding the questioning gaze his friends were throwing at him.

"Yeah, I just wanted a copy of the photo and that's how we met." the giant added. "Right..." Minseok deadpanned.

"Well, it was nice meeting you Chanyeol." Kyungsoo smiled and shook his hands. "Sorry to cut this chit-chat short, but we've got a flight to catch." he added. "No problem, you guys have a safe trip." Chanyeol replied. "See you later then, Baekhyun-hyung." he greeted the latter who was avoiding eye contact. Baekhyun waved his hand and bid the giant goodbye.

---

The trio then walked out of the store and headed for the boarding area. It was still very early though but Kyungsoo had to steer them out of the store - he felt that Baekhyun was hiding something, something involving that Chanyeol-kid.

"You got something to tell us, Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo questioned the younger. "Uhhh, not really." Baekhyun replied, he knew where the older was getting to - he may have noticed that there's something between him and Chanyeol.  "Come on Baekkie. You're going out with him, aren't you?" Minseok teased the younger. "Whaaaaa- What? No we're not." Baekhyun answered. "Then why did you two blush like cherries when the 'date' thing was brought up?" the older asked again.

Baekhyun had to think about that too. *Why did he blush too? And why didn't he deny that we're dating? We're not. We just met. That's it.*

"Oh I get, you guys want to date each other but haven't had the guts to ask." Minseok resolved. Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. "It's been a while since you last had a date Baek, it's about time that you open up and try again." he said then placed a hand on the younger's shoulder.

He can't hide it from his friends anymore - they knew him too well and they find out eventually.
"Since that day we met at the park, I started having dreams of going out with him, we we're laughing and seemed really happy." he added. "I feel like I'll be really happy when I'm with him." he said then slumped on a chair. "Well I want to get closer to him but... I'm not sure if he reciprocates." Baekhyun confessed.

"Oh yes he does..." Minseok said. Baekhyun gave him a puzzled look. "You should've seen how he looked at you when he greeted you earlier." he added. "And how he blushed..." Kyungsoo said. "And how disappointed he looked when you denied that you guys were going out!" the two said in chorus.

"So you're saying..." Baekhyun asked. "Chanyeol likes you too!" Minseok completed the sentence. Kyungsoo facepalmed at his friend's ignorance.

"That's not possible." Baekhyun said, dismissing the thought. *Or is it? Something felt odd when he hugged me that night. His heartbeat was beating like crazy and he was really worried when I choked. Wait, he does like me! I think...* his thoughts on a rampage now.

"Ofcourse it is. Look, I bet my balls we're gonna cross paths with him again soon. And if we do, I'm setting you up on a date with him." Minseok said, wrapping his arm on the younger's shoulder. The thought sent chills down Baekhyun's spine - Minseok being his matchmaker. Brrrrrr, he'd rather have poop for breakfast.

---

The PA system called the passengers headed for Busan. The three hurried to get in line and board the plane.

They started looking for the seats they we're assigned on. Baekhyun was disappointed when they found out that his seat was apart from Minseok and Kyungsoo. They reserved three seats beside each other on the middle bay but the seat arrangement get shuffled (for hell knows why) and he was now assigned to a window seat and the other two was the row in front of him.

"It's okay Baek, at least we could just look back here and peek so we could talk to you." Minseok consoled the younger then smiled. Kyungsoo was busy texting Jongin but he flashed a thumbs up to express that he agrees.

"Uhhh, you're not allowed to do that sir." a stewardess reprimanded Minseok. "Oh, sorry..." he apologized. "Well, I guess we'll just do Kakao then." Minseok shrugged then got back to his seat.

Baekhyun looked out the window and started thinking. Thinking bout everything that just happened and how he should respond to it. Thinking of the dreams he had the past nights and thinking of him generally.

Then he felt someone sat beside him. *Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be seated beside another passenger.* he thought.

"When you want something, the whole universe conspires in helping you achieving it..."

The guy had headphones on and was texting. He haven't noticed that Baekhyun was there but the latter noticed him. And Baekhyun had that look like sh*t got smeared on his face and was pretty much dumbfounded.

That guy was...

---

"Chanyeol!" Jongdae called out. He stood up and gestured the smaller boy to their places - the row behind his.

Sehun and Jongdae finally got their bags taken care of and got to their seats. Chanyeol went back to his seat and he felt someone staring at him.

He turned to his side to meet a pair of eyes that seemed pretty familiar. His heart skipped a beat when he realized to who those beautiful eyes belonged to.

"Baekhyun-ah." he murmured.

---

I almost freaked out that day. >.<
After eveything that happened my mind was on a total scramble. And now, fate itself seems to be toying with me too.

Of the billions of people I could have been seated beside with, why would it have to be him? Not complaining though, I'm ecstatic honestly.

But anyway, I don't know how I should react to this. Help? Anyone?

 

END OF CHAPTER 7 (When Fate Plays A Game...)

 

***************

 

...

Alright, chapter 7 done and closed! teehee.

Really guys, I thank you for the support your giving me. It fuels mah feels to write more chapters here.

The BaekYeol feels now starting to bubble up like stew on a crockpot and i most certainly approve...

 

Hope you guys approve too. :)

peace out! kerby-hyung

...