Chapter 1

Fall For You
Junsu tucked the book away in his bag. The bus had already reached the institution. As he stood up to leave, he turned back abruptly, seemingly forgetting something. He turned around and gave a small kick to the figure all sprawled out on the seats. The jacket on the figure fell from his body and he looked up.

“Huh? We've reached?” he yawned and went on, “I thought it's been only five minutes.”

“You've been sleeping for twenty minutes. Now quick, let's get down.” Junsu, without another word, pulled that guy – Jaejoong – down the bus.

They stumbled off the bus and ran into the building. The building wasn't big, really. Just three stories and a big ground floor. As they rushed to the door beside the reception counter, with the words “Dean's Office” on it, many others continued rushing in.

“Good morning boys.” The Dean spun around in his chair and gave a slight nod towards the two guys.

“Uncle, please don't call us boys. We've grown up!” Jaejoong protested.

“Yeah, right. And I'm your uncle.” The Dean, also Jaejoong's uncle, replied in countering Jaejoong's statement.

“You ARE my uncle.”

“Fine, you know I am horrible at making jokes. Anyway, please, what are you guys doing here anyway? Shouldn't there be a class for you at 8 o' clock sharp?”

“Yes, there is. But we need to sort this out. Why are my parents sending me here?” Jaejoong asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Why, my boy, I thought you knew. This school is specially set up for specific students who can and should attend such a course, right after high school. This school is a special school, one-of-a-kind,” The Dean explained thoughtfully.

“Okay. What time is it now?” Junsu asked, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“7.45. Now get going, I will not write an excuse letter.”

They ran away without a second word.

- - -

Somewhere on the other side of school, two girls were rushing in as well.

“Shucks, we're gonna be late!” The first girl exclaimed.

“'Lax girl, nothing will happen.”

“Taeyeon, I'm not like you. I can't be NOT uptight at this time. We're ten minutes away from class and I don't even know where class is!”

The other girl, Taeyeon, rolled her eyes.

“Nothing's gonna happen, girl. I found our medicine,” Taeyeon said with a wink.

“Stop calling me girl, I'm Yuri!” Yuri replied with a snarl.

Taeyeon, once again, rolled her eyes. She pulled Yuri towards the receptionist.

“Uh, hi. May we know where is class 512?” Taeyeon asked with the sweetest fake smile.

“It's on Level 2, the second class on the right side of the hallway.”

“Thanks,” Taeyeon replied with that fake smile again.

Yuri heaved a sigh of relief and willingly got pulled by Taeyeon to the elevator.

- - -

A guy was on his bike, cycling into the school compound. It was 7.55am, 5 minutes away from his class starting time. As he cycled in, his lips moved cheerfully to the song he was listening to on his music player. Finally, he reached the bike parking point and got down. He kept the music player and stuffed it into his bag. He locked his bike and got running to the elevator.

Throughout the whole journey of cycling to school, and even humming or singing the tunes, he was being looked at by the girls of the institute as well. He was a gleaming light in the pile of dust. He looked so bright, so healthy, so... handsome. Breathtaking, actually. He got to his class and settled down, still oblivious to the girls' stare at him. He took out his notebook and the words 'Yunho', his name obviously, was written neatly in a corner.

- - -

On the other side of school, a girl was rushing to her class. Just like Yunho, she received stares from everyone. But this time, it was not her beauty. It was her limp. What limp, you must be asking. Well, she was born with short and long legs, hence her limp. Finally, she reached her class.

“Good, my teacher isn't here yet,” Yoona mumbled to herself and took a seat.
She was still smiling.

- - -

The classroom was filled with people chatting, interacting and all, since the teacher isn't here yet.

“Man, how long did you take to choose your faculty?” Jaejoong asked with an upset edge to his voice.

“Three months. Or maybe more. Unlike you, I started considering even before the semester ended,” Junsu replied with a small smile.

“Three months? How hard was it to choose? Just pick the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR,” Jaejoong replied slowly and clearly, putting heavy emphasis on the last three words.

“My maths isn't always that good,” Junsu winked.

“Whatever. Look, the Ruler is here.”

'Ruler' was a name given by Jaejoong to whoever their teacher was. In this case, it was a tall and lean guy, around 30, maybe younger, but still older than Jaejoong and Junsu. He walked in with a large smile, charming to the girls, intimidating to the boys.

“Good morning students. Please take out your handbook,” the Ruler said, with an oh-so sweet voice, “Ah, before I forget, call me John, or Mr Park.”

The students all pulled out a blue book from their book, probably A5-sized, and flipped to the first page.

“The first page is for your particulars, and of course you have to fill them in. The next two pages is a 'lil bit about the history of this institute. Although I'm still not sure why they had to use up to TWO pages...” John was laughing at his own joke, prompting the students to laugh with him.

Indeed, the students laughed with John – but the students were girls. Jaejoong and Junsu were overwhelmed by this fact. Their post-high school teacher was a chic magnet! They tried to dispel the thought and filled in their particulars in the handbook.

As they continued reading about the history, they understood. Seoul Central Institute was a special school, and after you complete high school, you can come to SCI provided you have the ability to come. After you enrol in SCI, you do not have to go to university. SCI is a college and university rolled in one. However, (as Jaejoong and Junsu continued reading to the next page about further education) you have the choice to go to university after you graduate from SCI (which you will never). Why never? They continued further, not listening to John. You will never graduate from SCI because it is a lifelong commitment – you have to go by the practice of your course/module and choose to abide by its rules. SCI is new, it was set up not more than a month ago. Was it risky for Jaejoong and Junsu?

Finally, they got back in track. John was done explaining the 'History' part, the 'Further Education' part, and the 'Graduation' part. Next was all some information about the school, and a very, very, very trusty map.

-End Chapter 1-