Different People

Happy Together♥

 

 

"Irene sighed happily while she opened 2 plastic bags of tuna sandwiches. Seulgi looked at her and looked back at the tempting sandwiches.

“Patience,” Irene said gently, handing the sandiwiches to the younger girl.

Seulgi giggled. “I’m hungry.”

“You’re not the only one, Kangseul.” Irene rolled her eyes. “Help me with the cola!” She threw a pack of plastic cups and pointed to a big bottle of cola. “All you’ve been doing is just standing and staring at me,”

Seulgi sneered. “Why can’t you just do it by yourself?”

“We’ve volunteered to set up this picnic for the other members, right? So why can’t you just shut up and work?” Irene sneered back.

These two fighting eldest members of Red Velvet were definitely responsible for this picnic, since it was both their ideas when they lost in a game of truth and dare with the other members----fair and square. (The loser(s) had to make a full picnic for the other members). They set the picnic on their manager’s rooftop building. At first their manager didn’t seem to like the idea but he though free food so----

“Hey! I said prepare the cola! What are you doing?” Irene shouted, dropping the raw meat for the barbeque later. Seeing Seulgi poking a bag of marshmallows, Irene hit her head gently. “Yah, seriously---“

“Unnie---“ Seulgi suddenly stared into Irene’s brown eyes and pouted, which made Irene blink and stammer, “Uh—what?”

“When will the others show up?” Seulgi asked. “It’s almost 7pm, I thought they’d show up earlier,”

“Good point,” Irene took her phone from her jean pocket and began dialling the Wendy’s number. “Just a sec,”

Seulgi nodded and watched as her unnie call Wendy.

“Hello? Wendy? Where are you?” Irene spoke through the phone mic. “What?! You’re still at the dorm? Are you serious?! Yah, i told you guys to come 15 minutes before 7!”

“Traffic? Is that even a good excuse?”

“No, you’re not going to bail this picnic okay, I’ve already finished setting up the barbeque,” Irene spat.

Seulgi rolled her eyes, she could already guess what was happening.

“I don’t care if you get here at 7.30, just get your 3 sorry butts here or the picnic is ours!” Irene slammed her phone and sighed, catching her breathe.

“Whoa----“

“What?”

“Are you mad at the other members?” Seulgi asked slowly. She didn’t want Irene to burst anger in her face so she did it slowly.

Irene eased her stressed out face and nodded. “It’s okay...I just don’t like it when people come late and say they’ll maybe bail---I just get angry at that,” she turned to Seulgi and lifted a brow. “I didn’t scare you, did i?”

Seulgi shook her head. “Nope...Well kinda, but I’m relieved now.” She sat down and stared up at the sky.

Irene joined her.

A few seconds passed and Seulgi rested her head to Irene’s shoulder and smiled to herself, letting out a small yawn.

Irene blinked and glanced at Seulgi. “Urmm...you’re not going to sleep on my shoulder right?”

“No,”

“Okay...”

 

“Unnie,”

“Yes?”

“Are we okay?”

“What?”

Seulgi lifted her head. “I mean, like, are we okay now? We’re like different people now,”

“Why is that?”

“Ever since we’ve broken up, we’ve tried to.....see other people,” Seulgi mumbled. “Is this even working?”

“I guess so.” Irene nodded slowly.

“I still think of you sometimes,” Seulgi spoke. “Uh, it’s not that I don’t think about Wendy or anything----and I totally support you and Joy, but----“

Irene glanced at Seulgi. “But what? It’s okay, I still think of you sometimes too,”

“You do?” Seulgi let out a sigh of relief and laughed weakly. “I thought I was the only one,”

Irene grabbed Seulgi’s hand. “Look, Seulgi, we know our past wasn’t very memoriable. We were only trainees at that time, we were trying something new. And it turned out bad, it didn’t work out for us. Times have changed us, but that doesn’t mean we’re not allowed to think about each other.” Irene nodded. “Get it?”

Seulgi nodded. “Hmm. I just didn’t want anything to get awkward between us...like for instance, now,”

“Pfft, it’s called bringing the old feelings back. It’s okay, you’ll get rid of it sooner or later. Besides, you’ve got Wendy now, right?”

“Yea. Same as you and Joy.” Seulgi budged Irene’s arm and giggled. “We’re just really great friends now, right?”

Irene nodded. “Bestest of friends.” She gave Seulgi a quick peck on the cheek. “I’m still your leader.”

“......I’m still your bff from the trainee days anyways,”

 

 

They spent half an hour before the others arrived, bringing only extra water bottles. 

"You guys must've starved badly before we came," Joy said, hugging Irene's arm. 

Irene laughed. "WEll DU-UH. You came like an hour late, you totally ruined my mood anyways, Sooyoung-ah."

Joy hit her arm.

"Ouch!" Irene whined. 

"Enough with the fuss, can we just start eating now?" Wendy suggested, firstly grabbing a plate for the bbq meat. "I call dibs on meat!"

Joy and Yeri ran and started grabbing their own plates, not wanting to lose any meat. "Isn't the maknae supposed to get everything first?" Yeri chimed.

"No, you'll get them after the fake maknae okay---" Joy spoke while taking a big chunk of meat and laughing victoriously. 

"Yah! Don't push!"

"I'm not----!"

 

Seulgi just laughed to herself, while she caught Irene's stare. They both smiled at each other.

'We're totally different now, but I know inside we're still the same loving besties that we'll always be,'

'Whatever happens, we'll still be best friends.'

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N)

HI

So since 2 people requested a Seulrene fic, i decided to make one without even thinking on what i was writing. I re-read the whole chapter and tried changing it for like 5 times but i still didn't get any brighter ideas than this ;;;;; i am sorry it didn't turn out good.

and the plot thou-----i hope you guys won't hate me ; n ; 

i personally think this chapter is rubbish but i posted it anyways bcs i love you guys

oh and i'd like to apologize but i'm closing this fanfic down ;;; since i'm working on my new fanfic, please wait for my next! love ya guys♥