Innocent?

Happy Together♥

 

Irene's POV

"Then be my uke." 

"What?"

I blinked several times, thinking that Joy was probably saying something weird or so.

"My uke....." Joy said.

I raised my eyebrow. "Uke?"

"Don't you know what I just said? U-K-E." She pronounced loudly. 

I still couldn't get it. 

"Uke?"

"Yes, unnie...." She sounded like she was getting impatient. "Ah nevermind then, you wouldn't understand," She then continued to browse her phone, leaving me clueless. 

What did she mean my uke?

 

 

As soon as we got back to Seulgi's, I secretly grabbed Wendy and began to asking her questions that were usually out of my box. 
"Seungwan, do you think I'm weird?"

Wendy giggled. "Why weird? I think Sooyoung's weirder. Why?"

I gave her my pinky finger to make her pinky swear for me. "Promise me you won't tell anyone?"

Wendy nodded. 

"Sooo, you know that I like Joy, right?"

She nodded twice. 

"Joy asked me if I wanted to be her uke. Now...What's an uke?"

 

Silence.

 

"Uke?" She tilted her head.

"Yes, uke."

"Isn't that a musical instrument?" Wendy asked back, looking confused. 

"I know right? I thought the same thing too! She doens't want me to be an instrument, does she?" I complied.

Wendy scratched her arm and shrugged. "Well...maybe she meant she wants you to play the ukelele?"

I tried to visualize myself playing an ukelele. It didn't really come to me, as if the idea was too absurd and it wanted to make me laugh anyways.

"But hey, you like her, don't you unnie?" Wendy asked.

"Oh, haha...." I laughed and blushed a bit.

Wendy knew that I had a crush on Joy and she too had secretly liked Seulgi. Well it was our little secret. "Why don't you try playing it then?"

"What? The ukelele?" I blinked.

Wendy nodded. "I mean, it's what she probably wants, right? Why don't you give it a try?"

It was a bit true. But seriously? A ukelele? It sounded too funny. And absurd. But maybe, just maybe....

I'll try to play it.

 

***

"Manager oppa!"

"Ne Joohyun?"

"Can you find me a musical teacher?"

"Sure, I'll try. What kind of teacher?"

"An ukelele teacher."

".............what?"

 

 

***

Joy's POV

It's been a month (or 3? 4? Nah I'm not really counting) since we've promoted our latest debut song, Happiness. We're getting ready for our second single, Be Natural. It's an old song, but SM made us perform it with a cool new concept, although the choreography looks a bit similiar.

Speaking of songs, I've seen Irene unnie being weird these days. Weird like, musically weird(?). She started acting weird since that time I said "Be My Uke." At first I thought she wouldn't understand, but after thinking these days, maybe she found out what a uke was and maybe she freaked out and tried making her own space. 

Maybe? 

She could have looked it up on an urban dictionary on the internet. Idk, I'm being too paranoid. Forget it.

So Joohyun unnie likes to lock herself in her room and sings Happiness (well I think that's what my ears told me) but I think she's probably using some sort of instrument. I don't know what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a drumset lmao.

Weird? Unusual? Let her be, I like it when my leader is all weird like that. She looks adorable anyways.

 

After paying alot of attention on Red Velvet's schedule, we finally caught up to our normal lives where we could just sit back and relax before our Be Natural video was released. Seulgi was in the shower and Wendy was going out to buy some ramen for us tonight. We knew that wasn't healthy but MEH who cares.

Suddenly Irene showed up, holding something behind her back. 

"What's up, unnie? Did manager oppa call me?"

"Nope," She sat next to me, on the red sofa we shared in th TV room. She looked a little.....nervous.

"Just listen to this, okay?"

Irene pulled out a small version of the guitar, a ukulele, and that was quite shocking. So this is what she was playing inside her room?

"Lalalalalalalalalala~ Happiness~!" She started off with a small voice, but soon she turned up her volume so I could hear her clearly. "Are you happy,uh?"

Wow! 

She was good! I mean, who taught her this? Her voice was silky like always, but with a ukelele? It's just like watching those ukelele covers on Youtube, only this is better.

I smiled and kinda giggled. Irene unnie looked so cute! I began to sing along too. 

 

Joohyun unnie finally finished and beamed at me, her cheeks were a little red but rosy in a way. 

"Did I complete your task? I played the ukelele, just like you asked for!" She said, her voice still a bit shaky.

I wrinkled my nose. "Task? I never told you to play this..."

"But you said it yourself! Uke, ukelele?"

I wanted to cry (;-;" ) "Oh my god, unnie....I didn't mean THAT kind of uke...."

She blinked 3 times and looked at me with an innocent face. "Oh....it's not?"

I laughed suddenly. "No....buahahahhahahah!"

She gave me a pokerface. "Shut up.."

Oh GOD what was in Irene unnie's mind? So all this time she thought uke mean ukelele? (well it did, but that wasn't exactly what I meant. If ya'll know what uke or seme or all that jazz is, you're cool!)

I looked at Joohyun unnie and gave her a small giggle. She was FLUSHED with embarresment and I tried my best to stop her. "It's okay...it's okay..."

"No it's not okay! I look so stupid now!" she cried, hiding her face behind her hands. 

I smiled. I didn't want things to get more awkward, so I grabbed her arm and pulled her close. I put my arms around her neck and gave her a small hug. 

"I liked it,"

She lifted her head slowly. "Really?"

I nodded back. "And I like you too♡"

 

 

 

HIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! *throws joyrene pics all over*

OMG what kind of author am i? 

It's like i kinda forgot about this fanfic. Blame my school :')

I hope this update gets alot of love though. But i think this update is a little amateur or whatevs /rolls/

Please wait for my next update! (not a clue to when I'm going to update next but it's probably a sidestory on SeulRene ♥)

Thankies peeps! ♥ 

Oh and please comment! Subs are great but i think by commenting I could improve my writing better >< Thankieeeesss♥♥♥♥