allkpop

Crystal - SM Entertainment's New Girl Group- Apply Open
HLUUcov.png
news    credit    features    memes    photos    shop    forums   
SM Entertainment's new girl group Crystal member Jewel releases a tagalog song called 'Mahal Kita Pero'!
August 10, 2014 @ 11:00 am
zdVJmyT.png
by smtownstan
scrap, share & like
90099
shares
qg7iJvC.png
GpYXxaV.png

SM Entertainment's newest girl group Crystal member releases a tagalog song for her Filipino fans!

SEE ALSO: SM Entertainment Announces New Girl Group Crystal

Jewel from SM Entertainment's newest girl group Crystal or better known in the Philippines as Emerald Ava Gonzaga-Kwon releases a tagalog song called 'Mahal Kita Pero' in english it means 'I Love You But'. She announced in her twitter the story of the song and how this song came to be and told us how supportive of how her members from Crystal and her sunbaes from SM Entertainment are with this song. "Hey guys! I'm really excited to announce that I finally made a tagalog song for all my filipino fans that are abroad and are also living in the Philippines as well. This song is actually about a young couple that can't be together because they are still young but the girl tells her boyfriend that she loves him but her family don't want her to be in a relationship yet.This song means a lot to me because I written this song during my trainee years in SM Entertainment when I had a crush on someone and my family told me that I should focus on my training being an idol. That is how the song came to be, Star Records a record label from the Philippines gave me a call and told me that they wanted me to sing in their album Himig Handog P-Pop Love song, they told me that they wanted me to sing a love song that young couples can relate to and I told them I wrote this song and they wanted me to sing it but of course they had asked permission from SM Entertainment and they accepted that I could sing this song. I'm really excited that the music video came out I took some time out from training to tape this music video in the Philippines and it came out perfectly! I want to thank my best friend Marlo Mortel who is an actor in the Philippines for being part of the music video, thanks best for being part of the music video in such short notice. All my members from Crystal have showed their support for this song and told me that even if they don't understand the language but the song is really catchy, while my sunbaes from SM Entertainment have showed their support like TVXQ sunbaes, Super Junior sunbaes, Girls Generation sunbaes, SHINee sunbaes, f(x) sunbaes, Zhoumi sunbae, Henry sunbae, BoA sunbae and EXO sunbaes have heard this song and told me they enjoy it. I'm very proud of this song and I hope all of you will enjoy it! Thank you to Papa Soo Man and Ji-Yong oppa for producing this song! It means the world to me! Until next time! xoxo"

Jewel's cousin Big Bang's leader G-Dragon tweeted how proud he is of his little cousin as he said this on his instagram saying. "Philippines! I'm very excited that my little cousin's Kyongie's solo song 'Mahal Kita Pero' just came out and I hope you guys support it! Even if I don't understand the language, my little cousin Kyongie showed her feelings through this song. I'm so proud of my baby cousin it is such a catchy song and I keep putting it on replay. This song is actually produced by me and Lee Soo Man himself, we wanted to give the best product for the Philippines and for Kyongie. All my VIP filipino fans please support Kyongie's song on Himig Handog and vote for it! She worked so hard on this song and I hope you guys support it! I'm so proud of you Kyongie, you are going to make it far! I love you baby cousin!"

Lee Soo Man announced on SM Town's official facebook page about the song saying. "It has always been Jewel's dream to release a tagalog song for her Filipino fans abroad and in the Philippines. Star Records gave us a call first thing and told us that they wanted Jewel to release a filipino song for their album Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs at first we were going to say no because we didn't know how to write a song in tagalog but Jewel showed me a song that she wrote called 'Mahal Kita Pero' and told me that she always wanted to release this song and we said yes. This song can relate to all the young couples out there, Jewel had fun recording this song and she had fun taping the music video! We might not understand the language but the song is pretty catchy everyone from SM Entertainment loves the song and we are very proud of Jewel! To all our filipino fans, we hope you will support this song!"

Ladies' Code EunB tweeted out her support and how proud she is of her childhood best friend Jewel as she said. "Today, my best friend Jin-Kyong released her first tagalog song! I am so proud of her! Crystal hasn't debuted yet but I'm truly excited for their debut but more importantly I'm proud of my best friend! Great job Jin! I love the song! Fighting! :)"

It's good to know that G-Dragon, SM Entertainment and Ladies' Code EunB supports Jewel on her new adventure! We are really in love with this song! It's really catchy! The music video is up on top, watch it and tell us your thoughts and opinions down in the comment section!

tags
Crystal
SM Entertainment
Jewel
Mahal Kita Pero
comments
There are 20000 comments
5rIeMMp.png
Sort by:
Newest First
 
avatar2.png
bigbangisforever · Posted August 10, 2014 @ 11:30 am
Awww G-Dragon is such an supportive cousin to Jewel! I actually heard the song and saw the english lyrics of it and it's really good. It does fit for a young couple who are in love and everything even if I'm not Filipino at all I told one of my best friends who is filipino to buy the album for me so I can get her song! The music video is well directed and her friend Marlo is actually part of a successful drama in the Philippines called 'Be Careful With My Heart' he wasn't supposed to be in the music video it was supposed to be Taemin (I think) but he was busy so Jewel called her friend Marlo and he instantly said yes because he wanted to support his best friend! :) I love this song! Good job Jewel! I can't wait for Crystal's debut now!
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
iamfilipino · Posted August 10, 2014 @ 11:20 am
OMG! I did not know that G-Dragon's little cousin is half filipino at all! She is really fluent in her tagalog as well! It's like she never moved to Korea at all! I heard this song so many times and I am so much in love with this song. Jewel is really talented and I can't wait for Crystal's debut now!
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
exoticforever · Posted August 10, 2014 @ 11:10 am
EXO supported this song! I actually saw their video of it and heard Suho and Luhan talk about Jewel and said they have downloaded the song as well! I may not be Filipino at all but I saw the english lyrics and heard the song as well and it's really good. Jewel is really talented and I can see why she wrote this song when she was still a trainee now. :) Such an amazing song!
Reply · Report · Share
 
avatar2.png
missindependent · Posted August 10, 2014 @ 11:08 am
I've heard this song so many times today and downloaded it as well. I'm surprised that SM Entertainment let her sing a song for another record label. To see everyone in SM support this song is really cool! Taemin also supported this song but I heard he was supposed to be in this music video but he declined because he is really busy. :( I wanted to see the chemistry of Jewel and Taemin! :(
Reply · Report · Share
 
more