Part IX

Of Unexpected Expectations

As the others were busy giving their welcome hug, Tao eyed Fei and she looks rooted on her place.

“Yah! Panda,” Jia grinned prettily at him with open arms.

A warm smile graced his lips as he moves to envelope her in a hug.

“I am home,” she whispered.

He tightened the hug, not releasing her until Xiumin came inside.

“Yah! Baozi, where have you been?” Luhan asked the new arrival.

“Oh, Jia you are already here, I thought I would be early but then looks like I was late,” he said.

“That would explain why they looked at me like I am some kind of an alien when I got inside. I thought they are just acting but I guess you failed to inform them,” Jia said after parting from the hug.

“I’m sorry. I was to inform them but my sister stole my phone and didn’t return it to me not until a while ago. She moved Chen’s entire pictures on her phone before she gave it back,” he smiled, eyeing the addressed one differently, “And I don’t think I would like the idea of letting her meet you,” he pointed on the grinning troll.

That was when Jia noticed Fei, “Fei? Omo! What are you doing here?” she said and ran to hug her.

“How did you know her?” Lay asked after the two parted.

“She is my cousin! Oh my! You look so beautiful now!” Jia exclaimed then envelopes her again in a hug.

Sooner, the studio rings with Jia’s voice as she relays her experiences abroad.

Chen and Luhan moved to get near the bar counter.

“Five thousand for Jia’s purpose,” Luhan started.

“Sure! She is back because she is transferring here because she got tired of life abroad,” Chen stated.

“For me, she came back because she will be engaged with Tao,” Luhan grinned.

“Fat chance,” Chen laughed, “We all know that Tao would only get into things like that when he is ready, besides Jia is not even prepared. You know that that is the reason why she left abroad; to avoid getting tied with a guy,” he added.

Luhan pouted and watched as Fei gets conscious while Jia holds her hand she narrates.

Xiumin prepared some short meals and as they are enjoying it, Jia made an announcement.

“I will be staying for good already,” she said.

Chen grinned at the sullen Luhan who fishes for his pocket.

“Why all of the sudden?” Kris asked.

Everyone looked at her as she blushes, “Because father and the President had already talked a week ago. They will make it official,” she paused.

All ears were up for her next phrase, even Luhan who closes his wallet for a while.

“You are all invited for my engagement with Tao next week,” she blushed even more.

Chen gaped at her and groaned in frustration as he reaches for his wallet to give the money on the grinning Luhan.

Fei faked a smile at them as they say their congratulatory greetings before she exits.

Kris followed her and saw her leaning on the wall, sobbing silently again.

“I was so stupid, so stupid. It is such a shame!” she kept on saying. Kris stood beside her till she stops sobbing.

“You like him but then looks like you fell in love with the wrong prince,” Kris started.

“I know you would break any minute inside so here I am,” he handed her his handkerchief.

“I would apologize in his place,” Kris added again.

“I should be the one saying that,” she wiped the tears on her face, “I was so stupid to even think that he will take a look at me as how I look at him. I was so wrong,” she sighed.

“Nope, you are not. That is normal for people to sometimes fall in love on the wrong person. At least, let that be a lesson or an experience that for once you had been the tutor of the Nation’s First Son. I think Tao is not the one for a great lady like you. You deserve someone better than him, someone who will take care of you, not someone you will take care of,” Kris chuckled.

“Yeah, Tao is such a baby sometimes,” Fei laughed, her heart finally having the strength to beat normally, the air filling her lungs again with ease. It is nice to open up freely like this moment.

“So will you be there?” Kris asked.

“Of course! My cousin will be engaged so I will really come,” she said and straightened herself before moving to get to the door.

She turned to look at him again, “By the way, that picture of the girl on your wallet you had been stalking is Choi Sooyoung. She is my classmate in Chemistry and in Dance class. You can drop by anytime at our room so I can introduce her to you,” she grinned at him as she watches his cheeks grow pink.