Chapter 2

Reasons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Jungkook, I'm at the department store. Do you need more underwear?'

Jungkook raised his eyebrow at the text message from his mother before checking his surroundings to make sure that nobody was peeking over his shoulder and glancing at his phone screen. The area near the school gate was almost empty because most of the students already went home. Jungkook was leaning against a wall, waiting for Hani as usual even though she told him that he didn't have to because she had extra classes that day.

'Yes please.' he replied, checking his surroundings once again just in case.

'What size are you again?' came his mother's text. He was about to reply back when a notification popped up.

'Nevermind. I asked the shop assistant. Good thing his waist looks like yours.'

Oh my God, Jungkook thought, wishing that he could hide his shame. He could imagine how weirded out that shop assistant might have felt when his mother stared at his behind and asked what size he wore. The more he thought about it, the more he felt like sinking into the ground. Why do moms have to be embarrassing? At least he wasn't at the scene when it happened.

A couple of students walked past him. He lifted himself off of the wall and straightened up, guessing that Hani would be out of her class by then. His predictions came true as he saw her walking towards his direction. But he frowned when he noticed the other boy who was tagging along beside her. His frown deepened when he saw the unsettled expression on Hani's face and he suddenly felt angry at Daehyun.

"I really don't know," Hani said when they were near enough for Jungkook to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Just think about it, okay?" Daehyun said, "I'll ask you again next time."

Jungkook scrunched up his nose and scowled in disgust when he saw Daehyun cast a warm smile towards Hani when she nodded at him.

Oh, please.

Hani walked towards Jungkook after she said goodbye to Daehyun. She was so exhausted from school that she didn't even realise that Jungkook had waited for her while she had class.

"Hey, Noona!" Jungkook called out to her, but not before glaring at Daehyun who was throwing a smug look towards him before heading towards the subway station. "What was that convo about?"

"Ah, nothing," Hani muttered.

"Liar."

"It has nothing to do with you so forget about it."

Jungkook was a bit unsatisfied by her response, but decided to let it slide since she seemed to be in a mood.

 

Daehyun stood in front of a tall building, staring at the address written on a piece of paper in his hand. Is this the right place? he thought. He flipped the paper over to find a small photo of the building stuck to it. He glanced at the building in front of him, squinting his eyes as the sun was glaring at them. It was almost noon and the sun was high up in the sky.

Daehyun proceeded towards the building after confirming that it was the one shown in the picture. What? No elevator? he thought when he stopped in front of the stairs and looked around. He read the address written on the paper he had again and tried to find out which floor he had to go to.

Somebody kill me.

Daehyun panted as he stepped foot on to the seventh floor of the building. He sluggishly pressed the doorbell while trying to catch his breath. He let out a long sigh, unable to believe what he just accomplished. The things he would do for Hani. He smiled at the thought. He'd have the chance to spend the day with her, if he could convince her to come with him to her parents' house. At this stage, he would do anything to receive her forgiveness. But it wasn't just about forgiveness, of course. He was determined to make her fall for him so that he can rub it all over Jungkook's face in the future.

Daehyun pressed the doorbell again when nobody answered. His never-ending thoughts of Hani made him more impatient. He wanted to see her sooner. Just as his breathing became stable again, he felt like the air vanished around him when he saw the door handle turn. He did some last minute hair-fixing and breath-checking when the door started to open. He put a smile on his face, ready to greet the girl that he had been wanting to see all morning.

But that smile disappeared quickly when a yawning Jungkook, still in his sleeping clothes, appeared at the door.

"What are you doing here?!" they both said in unison.

"I live here!" Jungkook said, now fully awake. Daehyun stared at him with his mouth open before referring to the written address he received.

"Why did he give me this?" Daehyun wondered aloud before looking back at the unamused Jungkook. "This isn't Hani's house?"

"Jungkook, who's at the door?" a voice called out before Jungkook could even speak. Daehyun's eyes widened when the owner of the voice appeared beside Jungkook. It was none other than the girl that he wanted to see all morning.

"Oh? What brings you here, Daehyun?" Hani asked. Daehyun blinked, unable to comprehend the current situation.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I live here," Hani replied, ending that statement with her voice slightly raised as if she was asking a question.

"With him?!"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?! And wipe that stupid smirk off your face, Jungkook. This isn't funny!"

"It is to me," Jungkook said, ignoring Daehyun's order to remove his smirk.

"I didn't tell you because I didn't know how you'll react," Hani spoke up before the boys started another verbal fight, "But why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk about yesterday's topic," Daehyun said, "I was thinking of visiting them today."

"Why don't you come inside?" Hani offered.

"What? No!" Jungkook protested.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't like him!"

"Deal with it."

"Noona, I lived in this house longer than you did so yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter