Crushes

Look At Me, Sunbae!

1 | Crushes

 

     I peeked out around the corner of the building and my fingers curled sideways on the cold brick wall.

There he is, so beautiful, so handsome, so charming. If only he’d notice me. If only he could turn around to catch a look at my face, or even glance into my eyes for a short moment. Maybe I should pretend to coincidentally bump into him? He might remember me then. I sighed and brang a curled fist to my cheek, pouting. Buing buing.

“Hmm. Yoongi sunbae…what do I do? I can’t stop my crush on you.”

 

Oh! What was that? You thought I was Jeongkook? Sorry.

I’m his best friend though, Taehyung! I have blazing orange hair, you can’t miss me if we ever walk past each other! Oh damn, I just stole the spot light when I’m not even the main character. Heehee! But I can tell you about Jeongkook if you’d like! I know his story almost as well as he does mine.

He’s a bit luckier than I am though; at least he gets to see and talk to Jimin often. I only get to see Yoongi sunbae three times a week for less than three hours in total. It takes a long time running from one end of campus to the other to silently admire him playing basketball. Did I mention he’s the coach? Well, he’s close enough to be the coach at least. He’s the team leader this year, but he’s been the ace of the team ever since two years ago when he first joined as the shortest member. Everyone respects him, and-

Oh gosh, I just went off about Yoongi again didn’t I? I sincerely apologise, sort of.

Alright. Jeongkook’s story!

Well, Jeongkook’s a first year. Jimin and I are second year’s, and Yoongi’s a third year.

Jeongkook has this little crush on Jimin.

Ooh! Wait! Wait! I haven’t even told you how Jeongkook and I met yet!

We met at the start of the year. He was a runner in the school athletics and Jimin was in the same category of races too, but Jimin hurt his leg just before the race. So as his emergency – which I only agreed to sign up as because the little kid guaranteed his presence with much convincing – I stepped in for him last minute. So during the line up he stubbornly – or you could say it was fate to some extent – limps over from the medical corner because he wants to see the race (more like witess me fail miserably), and his twisted leg gives in and he falls.

And guess who catches him?

I’m grinning right now as I think about it, just so you know. It was such an adorable moment. One minute I was gasping seeing my best friend collapsing, then the next he’s in the arms of some super cute first year who’s staring down at him with overflowing love-filled eyes. Yeah, Jeongkook.

He’s dazzling, that kid. Talented; he’s got this amazing angelic voice, handsome; tall with flawless features, and cute; if only Jimin saw how heart melting that boy’s giggle is.

Is that enough about Jeongkook? I’m dying to tell you about how I fell for Yoongi sunbae! Then I can mention my collection of hip hop chains; it’s a bit like Jeongkook’s liking for milk tea since they’re Jimin’s favourite drink.

Hmm. No, no. Taehyung, control yourself.                     

Let’s move onto Jimin next.

Well…baby-face; squishy cheeks with cute eyes. I’d like to detail his cheeks with the word ‘chubby’ but sadly he’s been losing so much weight recently it’s no longer as relevant as it used to be. His natural eye-smile is blindingly beautiful, the perfect representation of innocence. He’s athletic, probably the most active person I’ve ever known. He works out at the gym twice a week with an hour in the dorms each night, and his big passions in life include dancing and basketball.

It’s weird how shorter people seem to be the best at that game. Sigh.

Anyway, he’s got muscles, and I mean muscles. They’re also the most well toned pieces of skin I’ve seen and touched. He has abs too, but he’s kinda shy about them, so not many people actually know the treasure that’s hidden under the thin pieces of clothing he always wears. Jeongkook knows though, I told him. He spent a whole week spaced out because of that, he’s probably been dying ever since to confirm how similar the reality and his imagination are.

Oh. Oh man, I said I was going to talk about how Jeongkook and I met but that kind of got lost. Well let’s just say Jeongkook helped Jimin back to a seat and I caught up with him at the end of the race. I read the boy like a book. We’ve been friends since and I’ve supported him in his chasing of little oblivious Jimin who doesn’t understand what it means to have a boy staring at only you out of all one thousand and seven hundred students on campus. Oh well, he’ll understand very soon, because two dorm buildings are being renovated and first years have to move in with some second years. I already signed Jeongkook up to share a room with me and Jimin.

Too bad second year’s can’t move in with third years. I miss Yoongi sunbae already. The bell’s going to ring soon so I better go. See you next time. Buing buing. 

 

Taehyung's Diary/ March 1st, 2014.

 

Author's Note | 1st chapter up! Only chapter one is in diary form so far; there will most likely be more diary entries like this but most of the time it'll be in normal story form. Please leave comments :) I'll try to update soon. :)