The Handyman and The Hetare~

Dishonored

Sasshi’s POV

So Black tells us that Warukii’s in a tight situation right now, being the strategist, I had to figure out a plan to rescue her… Which was difficult, knowing that there are 5 Cleaners surrounding her.  

“Wota, figured something out yet?” Center asked me, feeling nervous.

“It’s gonna be quite difficult knowing there’s five Cleaners surrounding her, but I’ll get there eventually.”

“Alright, but don’t come too slow!”

“I am NOT slow!”

Mou~ why does everyone tease me? Calling me the Hetare king…

But I’m much more than that, and they know it! Before I even became a rebel, I was living the life in the Rapture. Sure, I mean, the place was full of delinquents, but I had friends. 

At least… I thought they were.

“Oi, Sashihara!”

I looked up and saw Otabe sitting on top of the platform.

“Otabe-kun...”

“Whatcha standin’ around for?”

“I’m trying to find a way of rescuing Warukii~”

“I know ‘bout that. Saya-nii told me.”

“I need to help Black with some stuff.. I’m off, see you~”

“Wait a sec...” He jumped down from the balcony and walked over to me. “I’ve been meanin’ to ask, why are you always followin’ them around?”

“Eh?”

“I get that you’re pretty much Black’s assistant, but Center? What are you planning on doing?”

“I… Well, when he’s gone… I wanna become the next top.”

That’s right… I want to become the next top of the rebels. But, that’ll only happen when Center’s gone. And, that definitely won’t be any time soon.

He’s pretty much immortal...

“What does Black want from ya’?”

“Help with metal-work.”

“Alright.” Otabe started walking off, then he turned back and adjusted my cap. “It was crooked.”

“Arigato...”

I then rushed to Black’s place of work, to what looks like a factory for just one person.

“Black-kun!”

“Hai?” 

“I thought you needed help with the metal work for that steam powered robot you had blueprints for a couple days ago.”

“Oh that! I’ll need you to get the steel pipes and metal plates for it then.”

“What will you need it for exactly?”

“Milky’s rescue mission. To get rid of those cleaners. I’ll be controlling it manually.”

“What!? You’ll get killed if it gets destroyed!”

“As long as she and Mayu are safe, I don’t really care what happens to me.”

“You are one dedicated man, Black-kun.” I could feel tears on the ridges of my eyes. Almost everyone here knew how much Black loved Mayu. It was too sweet~.

“Anyways, let’s get to work.”

“Hai!”

Knowing Black-kun, he and I, together had gotten the robot done in 12 and a half hours, I swear it was a record on his behalf. Too cool~.

It was tough labour for Black-kun, but he loved doing it. I remember Center-kun telling me that 13 years ago and ever since then, Black had been studying engineering. Creating works of art, to him it was a different world.

Ever since he had created Mayu, a living, talking, breathing robot, my thought of Black instantly changed.

He was smart, and also amazing. It was the best day of my life when he asked me to become his assistant. To work for such a clever man, it was mindblowing, to be honest.

“Sashihara?” I heard his voice as I broke from my fantasies. “Why are you spacing out?” 

“Eh? Nothing.”

He giggled and punched my shoulder lightly. “You’re weird, y’know.”

“Un...” Somehow, when he says it… 

It doesn’t hurt.