The First Time

The Many Faces of Love

As Heechul lay in his bed, one arm wrapped around his sleeping boyfriend, he remembered the first time he fell in love with said sleeping man.

Three years ago, Heechul had been fired from his dead-end job as a cashier at a grocery store, and as he was walking home, saw a 'Hiring' sign. At that point, he didn't care what the place was, he just needed a job.

When he walked in, he noticed that it was a karaoke bar and they needed a bartender. Heechul proved he could mix drinks quickly when they were ordered and secured him a job. He started work that night at opening time.

The first two hours went as any karaoke bar would, people singing occasionally, but mostly drinking.

"Soju."

Heechul didn't look up until he handed the man the drink, and then he froze. Even though most of his shoulder length black hair was pulled back into a ponytail, some random strands, along with his side-swept bangs, had fallen in his face. He handed the man his drink and couldn't help but blush as he winked at him, left the money for the drink, plus a tip, and walked away.

The twenty-seven year old bit his lip as he went about his business making other drinks. Another two hours later, he saw the same man on stage singing a song. He was able to stare and take in the man's appearance fully. He had short, spiked, black hair and the handsomest face Heechul had ever seen. He noticed that the man had horrible Korean half of the time. And he also noticed that he couldn't get the man out of his mind, that he kept seeing his face even after they had to 'kick' everyone out.

The night went on and Heechul kept making drinks. Finally it was closing time. He had made a good amount of money in tips, and couldn't wait to get home and sleep. He was the last one out of the bar, and as he was locking up, he heard the familiar voice.

"I thought you were never going to come out..."

Heechul turned, his hair had been taken down and he looked frazzled and exhausted. His dark eyes went wide.

"I'm Hankyung." The man held out his hand, smiling.

Heechul almost melted right then and there. He managed a small smirk back, "Heechul." He said simply, shaking his hand.

"I was going to ask you earlier, but I thought it would be too soon, and..."

Heechul looked at the ground awkwardly as the man slipped into a language he didn't understand. "Um, Hankyung? I didn't understand that last part."

"I'm sorry." Hankyung looked generally upset. "I just moved here from China. I'm not really good with Korean."

Heechul chuckled, "It's fine, now what were you going to ask me?"

"For lunch. Tomorrow."

Heechul felt the blood rush to his cheeks and he chuckled. "Sure." He shrugged. "Where's your car?"

"Oh, I walk everywhere..."

The twenty-seven year old raised and eyebrow and shook his head, grabbing the man's wrist and dragging him to his car. "Get in." He said, opening the passenger door.

Hankyung hesitated a moment and then got in, fiddling with the hem of shirt as Heechul walked around and got in the driver's side.

Heechul knew from the moment the two made eye contact, he wouldn't be able to live without this man. He wasn't about to let him walk away in the middle of the night and take the chance of the next day's lunch not happening because he got jumped on his way home.

"Heechul... Heechul? Heechul!"

It was present Hankyung that was yelling at him. He opened his eyes and groaned, glaring at his boyfriend. "What?"

Hankyung bit his lip. "I had a nightmare... I was making sure you were alive..."

Heechul sat up and sighed softly, his glare disappearing and a worried look coming over his face. "Hannie..." He whispered softly, wrapping his thin, lanky arms around him, pulling him in close. "I'm alive, Hannie..."

Hankyung wrapped his arms tightly around Heechul's waist and snuggling into him as the two laid back down. "I love you, Chullie..."

Heechul chuckled. "You had me at soju, Hannie..." He sighed softly.

Hankyung sighed softly and pushed his face into Heechul's chest. "You've never said you loved me..." He murmured.

Heechul paused for a moment. "Hankyung, each day I spend with you is me telling you that I love you... Each day I fall more and more with you..." He kissed the younger man's head and sighed softly. "You don't understand how much I really do love you..."

"But you never say it..." Hankyung mumbled.

Heechul chuckled and lifted Hankyung's chin, kissing him deeply. "I love you Han Geng." He said, looking directly into the man's eyes and using his Chinese name.

Hankyung smiled at him. "I love you too, Heechul..."