#4

Never Knew Love like this ♥

 

Seohyun opened her dad’s email hoping to know why her dad is willing to pursue this marriage. She checks the inbox and browsed emails in which she thinks could be the answers. Unfortunately, she found none.

 

Seohyun:There isn’t a single email about it.

 

A new window was shown on the screen in which warns the user about a possible Trojan virus.

 

Seohyun:Just great! His email sure does have a lot of spams and possible viruses. Better close this.

 

She didn’t find any answer at all which left her to a frustrated sleep.

 

Next day:

 

Seohyun waited for Yonghwa outside the gate. She was expecting a car soon at any minute when.. She saw Yonghwa walking.

 

Yonghwa:Hey!

 

Seohyun:Oh. Hey. Why are you walking? Where’s your car?

 

Yonghwa:Ah. I told the driver I’ll pick you up by myself. Let’s just take the bus.

 

Seohyun:Ah. Okay. Sure.

 

They were quiet while walking to the bus station but Yonghwa started the conversation.

 

Yonghwa:So.. Have you found out yet?

 

Seohyun:Nope. They slept early and I tried to look for answers at my dad’s email but I saw nothing except viruses.

 

Yonghwa:Haha.

 

Seohyun:Don’t you have any plans on telling me.

 

Yonghwa:Nope. I said go figure. But to be honest, I don’t want you to know. There are better things not knowing.

 

Seohyun:Is the secret really that bad?

 

Yonghwa:Not really but just think of it as if you’re doing a good deed to your parents.

 

Seohyun remained silent.

 

Seohyun:(thinking to herself: Maybe Yonghwa’s right, there are things better not knowing. Sooner or later my parents will have to tell me too)

 

The bus that stopped is luckily empty. Yonghwa and Seohyun sat at the back. Again, there was a bit awkwardness between them.

 

Seohyun opened the window to feel the air outside. Since her hair was long, it hit Yonghwa’s face.

 

Seohyun:Oh. Sorry!

 

Yonghwa:It’s alright. (smiling)

 

Seohyun:Hmm. Why aren’t there seatbelts inside the bus?

 

Yonghwa:Huh?

 

Seohyun:Oh. Nothing.

 

Yonghwa:You sure a random talker huh.

 

Seohyun:A bit. Hehe.

 

They arrived at school and Sooyoung saw Yonghwa and Seohyun walk together.

 

Sooyoung:YAH! Seohyun-ah! Jung!

 

Both looked at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung:Hmm. Yesterday you came to school together. And also today! WHY?!

 

~Ding Dong~

 

Seohyun:The bell just rung! Hurry!!!

 

Their Physics teacher was absent and no substitute came so Seohyun’s class made use of this freetime. Sooyoung, who was very curious with the relationship of the two carried her chair and placed it between Seohyun and Yonghwa.

 

Sooyoung:So, what’s between the two of you? Don’t tell me you’re a couple.

 

Seohyun:No. I have Kyuhyun.

 

Yonghwa:Yeah. Seohyun has been good to me. We’re just friends. (looks at Seohyun and winks at her)

 

Sooyoung:Yah! You’re both weird. Yonghwa, I never knew you talk so much. You’re always alone. Seohyun, be nicer to him.

 

Weeks have passed and Yonghwa kept and Seohyun the same routine everyday. Go to school together. Come to Yonghwa’s house after class. Doing it everyday made the awkwardness between the two disappear. They eventually became friends.

 

Yonghwa also found friends of his own namely Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin. What brought them was their interest in music.

 

Whenever Yonghwa and Seohyun talk, it wasn’t about their upcoming marriage. It was as if it is forgotten.

 

Then one beautiful Sunday morning.

 

Seohyun:Good Morning!!!

 

Mom:Good Morning, dear. Let’s eat breakfast.

 

While eating…

 

Dad:So Seohyun, we’ve already decided the date of the marriage.

 

Seohyun:--silent—

 

Dad:Seohyun, did you hear me?

 

Seohyun:Yeah, Dad. I heard you.

 

Dad:Why aren’t you saying anything.

 

Seohyun:It’s just that, me and Yonghwa are already friends and marrying him doesn’t make sense at all. I don’t love him and he doesn’t love me too. Are they gonna give us something that’s why this marriage will take place?

 

Mom:You two. It’s early in the morning and we’re starting it wrong. Just eat please…

 

Dad:Do you really wanna know the truth?

 

Mom:Honey…

 

Seohyun:Yes I do. I’m the one who’s gonna get married. Better know the truth!

 

Dad:Okay. I’ll tell you the truth. According to Uncle Jung’s will and testament, his family and us will receive his assets if you and Yonghwa will get married. By the time your marriage is legal, we’re going to receive half of his assets. It’s worth $15,000,000. The other half is to Yonghwa’s family.

 

Seohyun:(teary-eyed) So it’s all about the money huh? Isn’t it unfair?! It’s their money. Why should we care.

 

Dad:Mr. Jung thinks that his dad owns your grandpa. Your grandpa lent him money for his business.

 

Seohyun:Do we badly need that money, dad? Isn’t our business successful?

 

Mom:Actually, dear. It’s undergoing bankruptcy. Your dad thinks that your marriage will save it. $15,000,000 is a lot of money.

 

Dad:Seohyun, I know that I’m a bad father but isn’t this what the heavens want? It’s gonna save the business that our family has worked hard for.

 

Seohyun stood up.

 

Seohyun:Well Dad. It’s too much to sink in right now. I’ll just have a walk.

 

She went outside without saying a proper goodbye to her parents. Although feeling guilty because she felt like she disrespected her parents, she was mad by knowing that this was all for money. Her happiness and youth will be sacrificed because of money. Why does life always have it’s cost?!

 

She has no one to talk to. She wanted to call Hyoyeon but she felt like even her bestfriend wouldn’t understand what she feels right now. Then, she finally thought of the perfect person whom she can talk too.

 

Seohyun:(dialed a # and placed her handyphone to her ear)

 

~Ring Ring~

 

Yonghwa:Hello.

 

Seohyun:Hi Yonghwa. Can we meet?

 

Yonghwa:Sure. Where?

 

Yes. Definitely Yonghwa was the perfect person to talk to. After all, he is the soon-to-be husband of Seohyun.

 

Seohyun waited for him at a café near Yonghwa’s house. She already ordered Yonghwa’s fave coffee (Americano) while she ordered green tea.

 

Yonghwa:Hey! What’s up?

 

Seohyun:Oh, hey. Thanks for coming. Here’s your coffee.

 

Yonghwa:Thanks. You got this right.

 

Seohyun:(smiles)

 

Yonghwa:Can we just walk to the park nearby. Its rather comfortable there than here.

 

Seohyun:Okay. Sure.

 

They walked to the park and found a perfect place to talk. They sat on an empty bench.

 

Yonghwa:Looks like your parents have told you about the date.

 

Seohyun:Yeah. They were about to but I asked them why does this marriage between us even exist.. and they told me why.

 

Yonghwa:(looks at Seohyun) So now you know.. I told you it was better not knowing.

 

Seohyun:(suddenly cries) It’s . I hate money! I’m never gonna take a business course! Never ever! HUHUHUHU.

 

Seohyun was crying so loud and the people passing by starts to look at them especially to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa:Stop. People think that I made you cry.

 

But Seohyun wasn’t stopping at all!

 

Yonghwa:Yah. Stop. (holding Seohyun’s shoulders. He brought her closer to his chest and slowly tries to comfort Seohyun) Don’t cry.

 

Seohyun:It’s so unfair!

 

Yonghwa kept on patting Seohyun’s shoulders as she cries. People kept looking at them but he just ignored it. Then Seohyun suddenly hugged Yonghwa and continues to cry.

 

It was Yonghwa’s first time to comfort someone crying. He wanted to wipe the tears in Seohyun’s face but he felt he has no right to do so.

 

Seohyun lifted her head and faced Yonghwa.

 

Seohyun:I’m sorry. I wasn’t really planning on crying.

 

She moved away from Yonghwa and wiped her tears. She felt embarrassed for letting him see her crying but she felt better compared earlier.

 

Yonghwa:It’s alright. Feeling better?

 

Seohyun:Yeah. Way much better. So this is it huh. Looks like we really are getting married huh..

 

Yonghwa:Yeah. Looks like it.

 

Seohyun:Thank you. I know you don’t like it but you’re doing this to help my family.

 

Yonghwa:I don’t really mind. At least in the future I won’t think about marriage anymore.

 

Seohyun thought to herself that Yonghwa is really different. She thinks that maybe he hasn’t fallen in love yet that’s why he acts like he doesn’t care.

 

Yonghwa accompanied Seohyun until her house.

 

Yonghwa:I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.

 

Seohyun:Yeah, sure. Thanks again. Take care.

 

Seohyun watched Yonghwa walk away. She then thought that she’s lucky that Yonghwa will be her future husband but what about Kyuhyun?

 

This maybe against Seohyun’s will, but this marriage was for her family. It is an important part of her life in which she cannot bare to see suffer. She’s willing to sacrifice her love for Kyuhyun. Maybe in the future, she and Kyuhyun will have their chance. At the same time, she is thankful to Yonghwa. He who doesn’t even know Seohyun and her family yet he is willing to help her. Although she may be lacking at a lot of things, Yonghwa is there to become her helping hand.

 

The next day (lunchtime)

 

Seohyun walked towards Yonghwa, Jonghyun, Jungshin and Minhyuk.

 

Seohyun:Hi guys!

 

Guys looked at Seohyun.

 

Jonghyun:Oh. Hi! So, what’s up?

 

Seohyun:Can I borrow Yonghwa for a while.

 

Jungshin:(looked at Yonghwa) Yah. I’m really jealous. Go!

 

Seohyun:Thanks! Let’s go Yonghwa…

 

The two of them left and sat on the bench at the park beside their school.

 

Yonghwa:So, is there something important you want to tell me?

 

Seohyun:Yeah. Two important matters only.. so first, I’m sorry about yesterday. I wasn’t planning on humiliating you in front of other people. And thank you for listening to me while I cry. And second, since our marriage is going to pursue,  I have conditions.  (she then  opened her wallet and held out a piece of paper)

            One…..

 

Seohyun was about to say the first condition when they heard noises from the trees and bushes behind them. Both of them looked and tried to see if it was a squirrel..

 

--What are Seohyun’s conditions?—

--Was it an animal? Or it might be a “Who is it?”

 

--------

Sorry it took a while to update. actually, i've already finished this chapter but i wasn't really satisfied so i edited some of it. hehehe. 

thanks for all the support. xD 

and also, sometimes its hard to write when you'r not inspired. :> 

 

-omoSaranghae