It's You

Never Knew Love like this ♥

 

 

Seohyun slammed the door

 

Seohyun:(crying) This can’t be happening! How can Grandpa and Dad just agree to that. This doesn’t make any sense at all.

 

Seohyun sat on the floor while continuously crying. Then someone knocked on her door.

 

Mom:Honey, it’s me. Open the door please. Maybe mommy can help you. Please, honey.

 

Seohyun opened the door. Mom hugged Seohyun.

 

Mom:My poor baby. I know it’s a big shock for you so cry all you want.

 

Seohyun:Mom, what should I do? Can I just decline it?

 

Mom:How I wish we can but your grandpa might have a heart attack because of disappointment. All I can say is that, if this is your destiny, It will just continuously happen. But if it is not, then maybe in the future you’ll go on a different path. I know that you’re thinking about the future but let’s focus on the present. And maybe you can like Mr. Jung’s son. I heard he’s a very handsome man.

 

Seohyun:Well, of course they will say that he’s handsome… He’s their son. You tell others I’m pretty because I’m your daughter.

 

Mom:Well. Compared to the girls in this city, you are indeed the prettiest. (wiping Seohyun’s tears) and I also know that you are worried about your crush, Kyuno.

 

Seohyun:MOM! It’s kyuhyun, K-Y-U-H-Y-U-N!

 

Mom:I’m just trying to make you laugh. Well, if Kyuhyun is your destiny, the possibly in the future you will be together.

 

Seohyun:Mom..(directly facing her) It’s already 2011. Why do those old folks still believe in arranged marriages. If my friends knew, they’ll pity me.

 

Mom:I don’t really know. Maybe Grandpa thinks that it’s his way of remembering his friend. But did you know that if your dad was a girl, surely he will be wed to Mr. Jung.

 

Seohyun:REALLY?!

 

Mom:Yeah. That was Grandpa’s plan. Fortunately, your Grandma had to sons.

 

Seohyun:Now I’m the one who’s gonna suffer. Huhuhu.

 

Mom:my poor baby…

 

As mom was comforting Seohyun, Dad entered the room and tried to talk to Seohyun.

 

Dad:Well, the Jung’s left already. (sat on the bed) Seohyun, I know it really is hard for you and I know that you might hate me but to be honest, I disagree with this whole marriage thing. You’re my baby and I was expecting that I would give you away to the man of your dreams but our only option is to go through it.

 

Seohyun:But Dad, I’m just 18.

 

Dad:I know, that makes my heart crushed even more but it’s what your grandpa wants. The Jung’s have done a lot for our family that you might not even know. This is our chance to make it up for them and fulfill the last wish of the late Uncle Jung.

 

Seohyun:I don’t want to.

 

Dad:The day after tomorrow, we’re gonna have dinner with them including grandpa. They think that you should meet their son first.

 

Seohyun:It doesn’t really make any sense. Sometimes a wish can never be fulfilled. I know they don’t want their son to marry me but what’s making them to come all the way here just to fulfill that wish. Dad, I think they’re up to something.

 

Dad remained silent. It looks like he was thinking deeply.

 

Dad:I wish I can answer all questions that are bothering you. Maybe in the future we will know.

 

Mom:Enough of this. It’s giving me a headache. Just remember what I told you Seohyun, if this is destined for you, it will happen. Now, let’s have dinner. Come both you.

 

The night went on. Seohyun still ate her dinner despite losing her appetite because she needs to be healthy but the arranged marriage discussion kept on bothering her.

 

She went to her room and kept on thinking until she fell asleep.

 

The next day(Lunch Time)

 

Hyoyeon:Seohyun, are you sick? You look so tired. What’s wrong?

 

Seohyun:Uhhh. Nothing. Lack of sleep.

 

Hyoyeon:WHY?! we don’t even have homework yesterday. Hmm. Probably facebook? Waiting for kyuhyun to go online?

 

Seohyun:yeah, facebook.

 

Hyoyeon:You shouldn’t have waited for him. Probably he was playing. I heard he’s a gamer..

 

Hyoyeon kept on talking but Seohyun wasn’t paying attention at all.

 

Hyoyeon:so my cousin told me that I looked fat, so what I did was I just ate cereal during break… omo~~ Kyuhyun’s coming to our table.. Seohyun! Seohyun! ( eyes focused on Kyuhyun, while she was shaking Seohyun)

 

Seohyun:Huh? What?

 

Hyoyeon:Aren’t you listen… HI KYUHYUN.

 

Kyuhyun:*smiling* Hi Hyoyeon! Hi Seohyun!

 

Seohyun:Hi. (emotionless)

 

Kyuhyun:(sat beside Seohyun) You look tired. Are you alright? (touching Seohyun’s forehead)

 

Seohyun got back to her senses that Kyuhyun was beside her.

 

Seohyun:Oh Sorry. (trying to fix her hair) I was just preoccupied that’s why I look tired.

 

Kyuhyun:Ahh. Okay. I thought you were sick. I was already planning to accompany you to the clinic. Anyways, how come it’s just the two of you? Where are Sooyoung and Sunny?

 

Hyoyeon:They brought their lunch so they don’t really need to go to the cafeteria.

 

Kyuhyun:Oh. I see. Well. Catch up with you later. Got to go. Bye!~

 

Kyuhyun left and Hyoyeon’s smile reached upto her ears.

 

Hyoyeon:Seohyun-ah~~! There’s a big chance that he likes you. Oh my gosh. After having a crush on him for 4 years, it finally paid off.

 

Seohyun suddenly burst into tears. People in the cafeteria started looking at her.

 

Hyoyeon:Yah. Seohyun-ah! Why are you crying like that. It should be tears of joy but you look heartbroken. Stop it!!!

 

Seohyun:I am heartbroken. I’m getting married..

 

Hyoyeon:WHAT! Don’t joke around! You, marry. No way!

 

Seohyun:HUHUHU. It’s true.

 

Seohyun told everything to Hyoyeon. She was speechless. She had a lot of questions in her mind.

 

Hyoyeon:Do you know who the guy is? Is he cute?

 

Seohyun:I don’t know. I’m gonna meet him tomorrow.

 

Hyoyeon comforted Seohyun. She felt bad for her friend but she can’t do anything about it.

 

 

TODAY is the Day!

 

Seohyun just got home from school and mom asked her to change into the dress she bought.

 

Mom:I know that this is hard on you but please be nice to the guy. He has no friends here so you might be the first person that he knows here aside from his parents.

 

Seohyun:Why doesn’t he have any friends? Is he an alien.

 

Mom:Tsk. I just told you to be nice. He grew up in the states but he understands Korean.

 

Seohyun:How I wish he doesn’t understand Korean so I can tell him whatever I want without him understanding.

 

Mom:Seohyun, stop that. Let’s go.

 

The went into a 5-star hotel. A reservation was made by the Jung’s. They were just waiting for them when Grandpa arrived.

 

Dad:Father, please sit.

 

Mom:Father, it’s been a while. How are you?

 

Grandpa:I’m fine. Well, Hello Seohyun.

 

Seohyun:Hi grandpa.

 

Grandpa:Hmm. Looks like my angel is in a bad mood.

 

Seohyun:Yes, grandpa. I am!

 

Mom:Seohyun…

 

Grandpa:Let her be. I knew she wouldn’t like this.

 

Seohyun was about to answer Grandpa when the Jung’s arrived. Everyone stood up.

 

Mom, Dad, Grandpa:Hello.

 

Grandpa:Please sit.

 

Seohyun stood up but she didn’t greet the them nor even looked at them.

 

Mr. Jung:Please, sit down. Thank you for coming. You’ve met my wife before. And here is our son, Yong Hwa.

 

Seohyun heard the son’s name which caused her to lift her head. She didn’t believe what she saw.

 

Seohyun:YOU?!

 

The elders were left speechless. They don’t know why Seohyun reacted this way.

 

Mom:Seohyun dear. It’s not right to say that on your first meeting.

 

Seohyun:But mom, he’s my classmate and my seatmate too!

 

Grandpa:Really?! So you’ve already met.

 

Mr. Jung:I didn’t know that they study in the same school.

 

Grandpa:Well, this is good. At least you know each other now.

 

Seohyun:Excuse me, can I talk to Yonghwa outside?

 

Yonghwa:Okay. Sure.

 

The both walked outside the restaurant and went to the hotel lobby.

 

Seohyun:So… did you knew about this?

 

Yonghwa:Well. yeah. That’s why I’m here.

 

Seohyun:Well? Don’t you disagree.?

 

Yonghwa:I disagree but there’s really nothing that I can do. they’re my parents. I’m their only son so I just go with the flow.

 

Seohyun:GO WITH THE FLOW?! You’re making a lifetime commitment with me.

 

Yonghwa:That’s true but divorce exists… so there’s no problem at all.

 

That was the only time when Seohyun thought of divorce.

 

Seohyun:You’re right. But I don’t wanna be a divorcee.

 

Yonghwa:If you don’t want, looks like you’re stuck with me.

 

Seohyun:You got to be kidding me?! UGH! it feels like 1 vs. 6 now.

 

The two returned to the restaurant.

 

Grandpa:Good thing the two of you talked. At least you’re starting to get to know each other. So we’ve decided that starting tomorrow, Seohyun will ride with Yonghwa on the way to school. But after class you will stay at Mr. Jung’s house. You’ll do your homeworks with Yonghwa. You’re dad will just pick you up before dinner.

 

Seohyun:Grandpa, is this a joke?! I have a life after class.

 

Grandpa:Well, that’s him. (pointing to Yonghwa)He’s your life after class.

 

The next day. (Lunchtime)

 

Hyoyeon:WHAT?! The guy you’re gonna marry is my Yonghwa?!

 

Seohyun:You’re Yonghwa?! Looks like he’s mine now. HUHU. Ottuke Hyoyeon. What about my Kyu?

 

Hyoyeon:You’re so LUCKY! How I wish I was you.

 

Seohyun:You don’t even know him.

 

Seohyun and Hyoyeon were on their way to the classroom when they saw Yonghwa. Seohyun was planning on ignoring him when Yonghwa grabbed Seohyun’s arm.

 

Yonghwa:Can we talk?

 

---What does Yonghwa want to talk about?---

 

Open to all comments. Yeah, I know I might but please understand… it’s my first time.

Thank you to all those who are subscribing. Can’t believe you’re liking the story…