xiusoo

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Minseok/fem!Kyungsoo || words: 963 || drabble || summary: spin-off to the xiusoo


 

Minseok was tired.

 

He was so tired.

 

He cracks his fingers one by one before finally opening his eyes. Like always, the bed beside him was cold and neat, an indication that Kyungsoo left again early for work. Sleep was never comfort for the elder, even the sight of his son, Jongdae, isn’t enough to make him smile.

 

Because he was tired.

 

So tired.

 

Today was the day he’ll go and do overtime to make up for that early pay his boss promised him. Slowly, he got up from the bed and cleaned himself up, getting ready to start the dreadful day. It was a relief, he thought, that Chen was currently staying at his parents’ house for the week because the elders missed her so. And Jongdae was at Luhan’s place, probably still asleep in the Yifan’s room.

 

It was really a relief that it was only him in the house. That way no one can hear the sobs echoing against the bathroom walls, squeezing his eyes and face contorted into a kind of pain that only he experiences.

 

Every day. Every ing day.

 

As soon as he was all ready for work, white dress shirt and same boring old tie he wore every day, he walked out of the suffocating room and descended the stairs, his face void of any emotion. It was hard, trying to force yourself into living like this and even if he wanted for all of this to stop – to make the pain go away quick and sleep with no worries, but no. He have to go on and live in this nightmare because he knows they need him. They were still depending on him, his children and Kyungsoo.

 

But sometimes, he wonders. What would it feels like to rest? To finally let go and lift the heavy burden out of his shoulders? To be free and be selfish even if in the end, people will hate him for the wrong decision he made?

 

Minseok snapped back to reality upon hearing the front door creaking. And though he was horrified upon realizing that he had been staring at the kitchen knife while thinking suicidal thoughts, he forces himself to flash a convincing smile that he wears every single day in front of his family.

 

He makes his way towards the living room. “Kyungsoo? Darling?” It was an amazing feat, the way his voice never wavers and breaks whenever he would talk to her. It took a lot of practice and a lot of tears, but Minseok thought that it was for the best.

 

But instead of the usual nonchalant greetings, Minseok’s eyes went wide in surprise when he found himself being engulfed in a tight hug from the torso by his wife.

 

He blinks twice, looking down with arms raised up in surprise. “K-Kyungsoo?”

 

“I-I’m sorry…” Kyungsoo sobs against his shirt, effectively staining it with tears. “I-I-I’m s-sorry…”

 

It was really weird, watching Kyungsoo like this. Because the Kyungsoo he knows doesn’t apologize, even if it was really obvious that she was the one who’s at fault. The only reason why the fight never lasts is because Minseok was the always the one apologizes first. But seeing her now, Minseok can’t help but feel confused.

 

Though it was really nice, feeling his wife wrap him around in a tight embrace.

 

“Hey,” Minseok pulled her away by grabbing her by the shoulder, lowering himself a bit to look at the sobbing woman’s face. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

Another weird moment, was when he saw her face – her usual young and beautiful face were now wrecked with signs of stress and grief, dark bags and swollen eyes from crying. She looks like as if she’s aged a bit – no wait, aged a lot.

 

Gone were the innocent and babyish looks she sported and was now replaced with a matured one. Not that Minseok’s complaining because even then, despite the sudden changes (that mysteriously happened overnight) Kyungsoo’s still beautiful and just the sight of her, even in her crying state, got his heart beating furiously.

 

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo shook her head and looked up at him, smiling even in tears. “I just missed you.” Then she embraces him again. “I missed you so much.” And slowly, she looked up at him, reaching over to cup him by the cheeks and pulled his face down for a kiss.

 

It’s been so long that they’ve kissed like this, feeling the passion and warmth of the way Kyungsoo kisses her that Minseok can’t help but melt against it. After pulling away, Kyungsoo keeps on holding his face so that she could stare at those dark eyes that she missed seeing in years. And then, she whispered.

 

“I love you.” She kisses him again, this time, just a soft brush against soft lips. “I love you, I swear, you’re the only one. I’m sorry for all the things I did. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

 

For the first time in years, they made love against soft white sheets. It was slow, like both of them wishing that this moment would last, thinking that this was all just a wonderful dream. And it was only then when it finished that they realized, this… was real.

 

“Don’t go.” Kyungsoo whimpers the moment she saw him getting up, citing as going to work as a reason. “Don’t go to work today. Just please – please don’t leave me.”

 

And Minseok didn’t.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<< rewind

 

“If you were given the chance to go back in time,” The man with the dark bags under his eyes leaned forward, his eyes shining in amusement. “What would you do?”

 

Kyungsoo looks lost for a moment before slumping back on her chair, flashing the young traveler with a weak smile. “I want to make things right.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: this isn’t the original plot. Minseok still died in the original story. This drabble is only a possibility if time travel exists (mentioned: Tao) for short, this is just something I made because someone asked me to. And NO, there won’t be another part. For the meantime, feel free to look at the future chapters…

Xiuhan (fem!xiumin) || xiuhan (catboy!luhan) ||  baeksoo (plot unknown) || krisbaek (plot unknown || Loving Once; Loving Twice (Chanbaek) || Who’s my Daddy? (xiuharem chapter 1)

 

Read this note:  not accepting requests for the meantime until all of these are finished.