layhun

EXO ONE SHOT COLLECTION

Sehun /fem!Yixing || words:  1604 || not a drabble || summary: in which yixing steals sehun's heart


 

The air was chilly in the bright lit museum. Every nook and cranny in the building filled with cops and men from the FBI crowding each and every room. Sehun wanted to roll his eyes in frustration at the higher up’s orders. The more the secured, he said. The more the better, he said.


Wrong.

 

“Detective Oh, are you all right?” Hearing that, he snapped his head towards the direction of the voice, bowing his head in respect to another Detective like himself.

 

“Ah, yes. I was just trying to keep my cool for tonight.” Sehun said. “Tonight is one of the Phantom Lady’s heist after all.”

 

Detective Lay as he was liked to be called, slowly nodded and smiled. “I see. Well,” He reached over and gave the young detective two claps on the shoulder. “Keep an eye out in this quarter while I look over the lower level. We can’t let Phantom Lady escape this time.”

 

Sehun gave the man a prompt nod before going back to his routine, looking around for anything suspicious inside the room. He can’t let Phantom Lady get away. Not this time.

 

Ever since he started in the department, no thug nor thief got away in his hands. They were always trapped, easily beaten and captured. He was praised by the higher ups for his cunning skills and sharp eye and because of that, his colleagues were very proud of him in or out of their department.

 

But then Phantom Lady appeared.

 

Stealing jewels here and there, making weird disappearances and appearances that’s totally unexpected that not even Sehun himself knew. That knowing eye, smug smirk and not to mention that ing dimple that’s appearing whenever she smiles in triumph. Sehun huffs in frustration.

 

He would have easily accepted defeat if the jewel that needs protection was stolen by the Phantom Lady. But then every following day, there it was, in his mailbox. The ing jewel that she stole. He swore that was just toying with him, making him go crazy each and every ing time. That freaking Phantom Lady was mocking him. He could literally imagine her laughing maniacally behind his back.

 

But not this time. No. Not this time and there will be no next time because the Phantom Lady will be in his grasp. He doesn’t care if she’s a girl or a woman. That is going behind bars.

 

As if by cue, the lights went out making every guards present make a commotion. “She’s here.” He mutters, immediately moving over next to the late Queen Baekhyun’s gold ring, a present given by her late husband, King Minseok. He was already near the glass when the spotlight appeared at the very top of it, smoke erupting everywhere that got Sehun coughing.

 

“Hmmm… Isn’t this nice?”

 

Sehun waves away the smoke, not making any progress in his blurry vision. He’s got one eye open. “Phantom Lady.”

 

When the smoke dissipates, Sehun could now see the masked woman fully, clad in white tights and a look that can be compared to a ninja. She was a magician, a gorgeous and charismatic magician that captured the hearts of the crowd. Sehun’s willing to bet that half of the population were watching the news to know the result of Phantom Lady’s latest heist.

 

“Ah, Detective Oh. Good to see you, again.” She crouched down, heels making a soft rustle sound on the class case underneath her, so she’s in the same level as the young detective’s face. “My, my. Did you perhaps changed your hairstyle? Blond looks good on you.”

 

Sehun glared at her, eyes slowly shifting at the ring on her finger. Sehun mentally smirked. That’s not the real ring. The real ring is on his – his eyes suddenly went wide when he spotted the replica of Queen Baekhyun’s ring still inside the glass case. T-Then the one under his tie is…


Sehun quickly pulled his tie up and gasped in horror.

 

The Phantom Lady laughed, that same hysteric laugh she does when she outsmarted the detective. “I feel bad that you took me as an idiot, Detective Oh. But as much as I want to stay and chat, I must go.” She tilted her head and flashed him a sly wink. “I’ll see you around.”

 

“I’m gonna outsmart you.” Sehun snarled. “I don’t know when but I will.” He looked around and was slightly taken back when all of the guards were down possibly due to the smoke unleashed before her appearance. So that’s why nobody attacked her. “I will take you down you thief!”

 

The Phantom Lady paused in the middle of making her grand escape when she heard that. And slowly, a smirk – no, her infamous poker face was now plastered on her flawless face. “Detective Oh.” Hearing the tone she used made the young detective gulp. It was different. It wasn’t mocking or a teasing one. It was just… different.

 

“You are right. I am nothing but a thief.” She said. “And stealing is what thieves do best, even if it’s a person’s heart.” She slid her hand up on her ring finger and the golden band magically disappeared. “So next time, would you let me steal your heart, Detective Oh?” And with a snap of a finger, she disappeared amidst the thick smoke the erupted out of nowhere… again.

 

That night, everyone in his department raised their glasses up high in celebration because Detective Oh managed to salvage Queen Baekhyun’s ring. Everyone was celebrating, smiling, laughing, and praising him with good words and promises of a raise and promotion.

 

But not him.

 

Sehun was not celebrating.

 

Instead, he remained seated, staring at nowhere as he processed the words that the Phantom Lady left him.

 

Would you let me steal your heart, Detective Oh?

 

 

 

Present Day >>

 

“Your mom is like the best woman I’ve ever met. She’s so daring and charming and oh! She’s so gorgeous and beautiful and y and god, those legs.” Sehun gushes like a fangirl, gripping the spatula in hand tightly, eyes staring dreamily on the horizon. Sitting idly on the dining chair was her 18 year old daughter, Oh Sehun – he never really did understand his wife’s reason for naming their daughter after him. They just call her Hunnie to avoid confusion.

 

“Dad, I swear. Quit fangirling over mom.” Hunnie rolled her eyes and blew a raspberry in annoyance. “Every freaking morning.”

 

Sehun pouted upon hearing that from her daughter. “But Hunnie~”

 

“Look, as much as I want to listen about you and mom’s love story, which you told about a hundred times now even Kai had it memorized, I can’t.” Hunnie stood up, her curls bouncing as she did. “I’m gonna go and plan over what’s gonna happen on the next heist.”

 

Sehun sighed and slowly nodded. “You’re gonna use your mother’s room again?”

 

“Uh-huh.” Hunnie grabbed the remaining toast on the plate and sprinted off. “Don’t disturb me, Dad!”

 

Sehun hums at that and turned his attention back at the food he’s cooking, only to stop midway.

 

In the end, Phantom Lady did manage to steal his heart. And boy when she did, she never took it back, completely contradicting her actions on what she does to the other jewels. Sehun fell hard and before he knew it, instead of aiming a gun at her like he was supposed to do, he pulled her in for a tender kiss.

 

Turns out, the Phantom Lady was beside him all this time. Detective Lay, who he thought was a guy, was actually Phantom Lady herself.

 

“Zhang Yixing.” She whispered against his ear, arms around his neck. “My real name is Zhang Yixing.”

 

After finding out her true motive of stealing and her real identity, Sehun sealed his mouth in secrecy. He was still in charge of the heists though, but it turned into a game for them – or like Yixing would like to call it, their dates.

 

Sehun looked at the giant portrait of Yixing, sitting on the chair with a big smile on her face, completely mirroring the smile little Hunnie has on her lap. It has been 5 years since Yixing died due to some incident he had no clue. He was devastated and angry, but what can he do? There was no trace. No clue. No nothing.

 

Sehun sighed and turned off the stove.

 

“Why did you have to leave Hunnie with that burden, Yixing?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I failed. I failed you guys /le cries/ the Chanbaek bit… I was on the verge of completing the chapter (in the middle of typing something that will blow you away) but then I was so damn tired and sleepy because of school. Then the next morning when I was about to continue, I freaking forgot. I FREAKING FORGOT WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO WRITE! HUHUHUHU! I’M A FAILURE!

So yeah, writer’s block. I spent a few minutes or so in the thinking chair and goddamit, I still can’t remember.

Internet (or google) told me that to make the baddy (writer’s block) go away, you need to write something that pops in your mind. So I did and viola! A ing (sounds like a… Nevermind) or Layhun (sounds better) fic with het!Yixing like someone requested!

Next universe of this will be a Sekai (a story between fem!Sehun and Kai)

So yeah (sigh)

Gonna flip a table if one of you still complain why this isn’t a Chanbaek. That must mean you’re just disregarding my author’s note. I PUT ALL EFFORT IN TYPING THIS TOO!! SO FREAKING READ IT! OTL


inspiration: Magic Kaito