It's CNBLUE

Crying Out

I was busy when I returned to the US. My thesis finally got approved and I am flying back to Korea to conduct a 3 month research.

"Lee Jong Hyun?" Oh man! The rich kid emailed me after few months. It's just hi and what are you doing mails. I sent him an email telling him that I am back in Korea to do my thesis.  It was like SMS. He replied right away. He gave his number. With out wasting time I called him. "Hey... I'm in Korea. Well, Busan to be exact."

"Really? I'm from Busan. Where in Busan? Actually I'm in Busan right now,"

"Seriously? I'm in Suyeong-gu. You?"

"Send me the address I'll meet you up,"

I laughed. My little apartment is a mess. I can't imagine that rich kid to come to my apartment. "Oh, my apartment is a mess. It's not for a rich kid to come,"

"what do you mean rich kid?" he sounds insulted.

"As long as you have to deal with messy room," I hang up and sent him the address. I cleaned up the living room and dumped the papers in the table. I don't care. It's my place. That's why I rejected when my sister offered that I stay at their house. I can be messy and no one will complain.

He was standing at my door in less than an hour with a bunch of flowers. "Hey, it's been a while," I initiated a hug. I saw that he was suddenly shy. 'darn, I am in Korea. You can't just normally hug people,' I reminded myself. "How had you been?" I asked as I walked around my little kitchen to brew some tea.
"Busy. It's good you came back to Korea."
"I love it. I am thinking of settling here for a while," I laughed.

"escaping from you ex?" he sat at the couch.

I didn't comment. "What's keeping you busy? Oh, have you finished that song yet?" I reminded about the song he was composing when we met in Jeju.

"Oh, it was finished." He flipped his phone and played.

"Oh, wow! wow!" I was really impressed. "That's awesome. You should get some artist to record it,"

He just smiled. He picked up his phone when it rang. "Now? I'm.... I'll be there in an hour," he hang up.

I smiled when he faced me. I overheard the conversation and he has to leave in less than an hour. "it's ok. People are all busy. We can meet up any time."

"Work." He said in one word.

I understand. I don't complain when my friends cancels and do rain checks coz of work. I often do it in my nature of work. "Go ahead."

"I'll call you later,"

"sure." I admit I was a bit disappointed. I wanted to hang out with him for a while. I took his jacket from the hanger and handed to him. "hey, hang on a sec," I grabbed my phone. "Just to commemorate our meeting today," I took a photo of us. "Thanks. I'll see you next time,"

He waved and left.

 

My brows rose when he came off the taxi. I always thought of him as the rich kid. He texted me that he's picking me up for breakfast.  'probably don't want to drive.' I thought.

"For the pretty princess," he handed me a bunch of flowers and kissed my forehead.

I was surprised. "Thank you my prince," I joked.

"Where do you want to go?" he asked.

"huh?' I looked at him. "I thought you have already something in your mind when you said we're going for breakfast" I breathed. "I guess men are all the same no matter where they're from," I said out loud.

"Well, I thought you might want to have a western or a korean breakfast,"

"I probably have a western breakfast for today. Korean breakfast are best eaten at home."

"Cool. I know a nice place." he flagged a taxi. "So how long will you be staying?"

"A year or so until I'm done with my thesis. I have to defend it."

"Hmmm, that means we'll have more time together." He grinned.

"Excuse me?" I looked at him with a weird face.

"No. I mean, we can hang out together for a while," he corrected.

"Oh. Sure." I breathed in relief. My American brain raced with what he just said. Damn! I admit I was attracted to this guy the first time we met at Jeju. Well yeah, in Jeju not on the plane. He just drifted in my mind when I started with my thesis. "But I'll probably be busy and I've a family to go in the week end and I have to find a job to support me during my stay. I just can't depend on my savings,"

"we can live together," he said simply and laughed.

"Ya! Lee Jong Hyun! It's not because I grew up in the states means you can say that easily. I was raised in a korean family. I have no problem with that but.."

"But what?" he cut in.

"Nevermind. Let's not ruin this day arguing," I forced a laugh. "why are we talking about this anyway," I got off first. Where are we going exactly?"

"We're meeting my friends for breakfast. I want to introduce you to them,"

"Seriously," I looked at him.

The 3 guys got up as soon as we arrived.

"Thanks for waiting. Shim Jiyeon, this is Jung Yong Hwa hyung, Kang Min Hyuk and Lee Jung Shin," He introduced us right away.

Yong Hwa was the first to offer a hand shake. "Nice meeting you," he said in English.

"Oh, perfect accent," I commented. "Nice meeting you too." I stared at Yong Hwa and our eyes met. I looked away first and focused back on the menu. "Kang Shin Woo," I blurted out and pointed at Yong Hwa. "You looked like the... oh darn! You're Yong Hwa from you're beautiful?" I became excited. "!! You are aren't you?"

Yong Hwa turned red and the 2 boys just stared at me.

"So, you have a celebrity friend," I turned to Jong Hyun.

"Hyung," Jung Shin looked at Jong Hyun in curiosity.

"Ah, hmm... we're both from Busan." Jong Hyun was quick to answer.

"Oh my God! and heart string right? Oh my God! My sister adore that drummer boy. He's sooo adorable." I was excited. "Can I have an autograph? My sister will go insane,"

I was so excited that I didn't notice the back and forth glaring of the boys to Jong Hyun.

We finished the breakfast and I excused myself first for my appointment at the embassy.

 

"seriously Jong Hyun," Jung Shin reacted after Jae Shin left.

"She doesn't have any idea who we are?" Min Hyuk was shocked as well.

"Not a bit except for Yong Hwa. She started working  early. I thought she recognized me when we first met but till now I guess she doesn't have any idea." Jong Hyun smirked.

"Oh, you should tell her," Yong hwa said.

"You don't want things to get sour when she finds out about you." Jung Shin added.

"I'll tell her when she's done with her research."

Yong Hwa shook her head. "She's pretty and brainy,"

"Looks like someone's going to be busy," Jung Shin teased.

"just don't neglect your work," Yong Hwa reminded.

"Seriously, I like her," Min Hyuk said. Yong Hwa glared at him. "I mean, she's nice."

 

"Shim Jiyeon," my sister's tone was very firm.

"Oh, unni," I was surprised with my sister sudden called. It's too early and she sounds frantic. I just came back from my appointment at the embassy and was browsing my SNS. I just posted the photo I took with Jong Hyun's friends.

"take down that photo you posted."

"Huh? What photo?

"Just take it down now," my sister's tone rose.

"Unni, can you explain first before asking me to do something."

"CNblue. You don't have any idea?"

"CNBLue?" she repeated. "What CNblue...unni, I'll call you later."

I scrambled on my tablet and deleted the photo. I was curious and typed CNblue and was dumbstruck with the result that came out. 'Cnblue? Yong hwa? min Hyuk? the drummer boy? What the?' I murmured. "How stupid can I be? I am a Korean and I don't have any idea... Min Hee was even crazy about them," I shook my head and was debating if it's right to confront Jong Hyun. I sat back and stared at the window.

 

"seriously Kim Jiyeon, you don't have any idea who he is?" my sister was shocked.

"No." I insisted. "Well he introduced the 3 to me as his friends and I kinda recognized Yong Hwa but I thought he's the rich kid with celebrity friends and he said they're both from Busan."

"They are both from Busan. Yes. My God! I hope Min Hee haven't seen the photo. How did you met them? Are you? I mean... They're celebrities."

"I don't know. It's a total shock for me. I think I have to stay here for a while till I figure things out."

"And don't mention to the little brat. She'll bug you,"

"Oh no way," I agreed with her sister. Once our youngest sister learns I met the band, she'll turn things upside down just to meet the band. "Unni, can you find me a position at your husband's company? I need time to be busy."

"I'll see what I can do,"

 

"What's going on?" Yong Hwa stepped into Jong Hyun's room who was moody and cranky.

"I don't know. I can't reach her phone and she just sent one reply to my countless emails." Jong Hyun was near to tears.

"Did you ever think that she found out about you and she got mad or maybe didn't like it," Yong Hwa was looking at the possible cause.

Jong Hyun sighed. "Maybe,"

"How long will she be staying here?"

"She's almost done with her research. I think she's going back to the US for Christmas."

"You know her address in the US right? Wanna go for a trip to the US" Yong Hwa suggested.

"Uh... I promised my parents I'll join them for Christmas,"

"Well, next time. Did you checked her apartment?"

"She just moved out and I have no idea where she is right now."

"Check her social network," Yong Hwa suggested.

"I didn't think about that," Jong Hyun opened her tablet. "There's no activity."

"I'm out of ideas. Let's just wait for her call,"

"Thanks hyung,"

"Don't think too much. When are you leaving for Busan? Let's take the same flight," Yong Hwa came back to his bed.

"23rd. I missed my cousins,"

"I'll get the manager to book us on the same flight. We'll meet the group in Japan for the concert," Yong Hwa left.

 

"It's my first time to celebrate Christmas with out mom and dad," My sister and I went for last minute shopping for my nephew and niece and some cousin and relatives I haven't met. I am so excited to meet them.

"It's really weird with Min Hee alone in the house with mom and dad." my sister smiled. "I am guessing they're flying to Cali for Christmas or new year."

"Maybe. We should call them and tell them to spend  the new year in Cali," I agreed with my sister. "Oh, wow! this is a huge mall. Oh my God! One day is not enough to go around," I was amazed with the Lotte mall. Oh well, I'm not the mall person. I only go around shopping with Min Hee.

"Unni," I gave my phone to my sister and stood at the foot of the huge Christmas tree. I posted it in my instagram. My friends back in the US will be envious especially my sister.

Just like everyone celebrating Christmas. We had dinner, singing. It was fun because I haven't met most of the guest and it was all getting to know my relatives. I am a Korean alright. I know that giving gifts is a must to Koreans. I was taken aback with the gifts I received. My uncles and aunts gave me gifts I never imagined I'll ever receive. I was so shy and felt ashamed receiving those gift that I cried. They said it's to make up the years they didn't gave me gifts. My goodness! Such a generous family.

I was teased in the morning with the photos all uploaded in SNS. There was even a video uploaded with me bawling and won't stop thanking everybody. Min Hee called right away. She was so jealous. I promised her to bring some of the gifts and a special gift on her birthday in January.

My SNS and face book were flooded with comments and messages. I don't even know where to start. Jong Hyun was one of the person who sent many messages. I still haven't got over the fact that he's a celebrity. I replied wishing him a happy holidays and wonderful new year.

 

"Hyung, she's still in korea." Jong Hyun was so excited and showed Yong Hwa the photo.

"Call her before we take off," Yong Hwa suggested.

Jong Hyun dialled the number but got busy tone. "busy," he waved the phone.

"sent her a message," Yong Hwa said not taking his eyes off the tablet.

"I already did and she replied with holiday wishes." Jong hyun answered.

"Then there you go. What else do you want. Look here," Yong Hwa faced him. "It's Christmas time. She's busy with her family. And don't forget that she might have not accepted that you lied to her,"

Jong Hyun sighed. "I just wished I could have met her and ..."

"You're inlove, right," Yong Hwa looked at him straight in the eye.

Jong Hyun looked away and breathed.

"I understand but you have to respect her as well. I'm pretty sure you'll hear from her soon," Yong Hwa comforted.

"I hope so and oh I asked our manager to get a front seat ticket. I wanted to send it to her sister. I'll have Min Hyuk mention her name,"

"hmmm, are you trying to win her sister's approval?" Yong Hwa teased.

"No. I thought it long ago when she mentioned her sister loved the drummer boy,"

"Oh, well. Let's finish this 2013 tour. I am looking forward to our American tour." Yong Hwa said.

"I wish she'll be there. I wanted to go around New York,"

"We can arrange that. I haven't been to New York as well. We can go there a little bit early,"

"That would be fine