CNBLUE in NY

Crying Out

"unniiiiii!!!!!" Min Hee shrieked and bear hugged me as soon I stepped into the house. "I soo love you" she grabbed my luggage and dragged it to my room.

"mom, the kids gave their regards. Unni sent some stuff. Oh my goodness! I was so overwhelmed with our relatives generosity. Min Hee, any plans for your birthday?" I plopped at the couch.

"unni, can you buy me ticket for the upcoming CNblue concert?"

I stared at her. "oh, the book you asked me were all signed and...."

"unni, " she cut me."it's okay. This signed book is enough. Oh my God I wished I came with you and met them."

"Good! and I did extra effort with that book. Go check in your room and please close the door," I said knowing that she'll be screaming. "Mom, unni wants the family to visit them next summer. The kids were all ready to go to school. I think she wanted to let you guys to see them off on their first day at school,"

"we've been planning  for that as well. Summer would be perfect. Mimi will be off school," Dad said.

"Oh Mimi, my God, dad! don't let her use your credit card," I warned dad.

"No," dad said right away. The fact that she started working. It's not a vacation to for her. I asked Ji Hoon for a part time job for her."

I laughed. Dad's the typical dad. "Mimi will throw tantrums but I think she won't let this pass,"

"How was your research?" mom asked.

"It's almost done. I talked to my adviser before I came back. She's giving me a week to rest before presenting it again,"

"I'm proud of..." Mom stopped. We heard a loud scream and jumping from the second floor. "And what did you get for your sister to be acting like that?"

Before I could answer Mimi came down bouncing and hugged me tight. "unni! you're the best!!! This is the best birthday present ever! Mom, look what she got me," she showed mom the signed CD and the table napkin with Min Hyuk's birthday wish. and a note for a surprise birthday gift from Jong Hyun. "I don't care what ever that birthday surprise. This is enough. Unni, did you purposely stalk them?"

I was taken by surprise. "oh... I was dining with some staff when I recognized the drummer boy." I was quick to answer. "Hey, you should be good to me. Imagine what I went through just to get their autographs"

"ohhh, and you didn't took any photo?" she whined.

"Shim Min Hee," Mom scold her. "You should be thankful your sister was thinking of you."

"Sorry mom. Thanks unni," Min Hee apologized.

"and young lady, you should start saving. We're going for summer vacation. No one's paying for your ticket," dad said.

"Dad, I have lots to do for summer. I can't afford to go for a vacation," Min Hee pouted.

"Sweetheart, we're going for a summer vacation in Korea," I got up.

"What?" Min Hee got up as well and glared at dad. "daddy! Mom,"

"yes we are. So you start saving up," mom said.

Min Hee stamped her feet and followed me to the kitchen. "unni, can you cover me? I wanted to see the concert next week."

"Concert?"

"yeah. Cnblue's coming to New York. "

"well, take a pick, it's either Korea or the concert," I snorted.

"Ahhh, unni, please! I want to see them." She begged.

"Ok. Ok. I'll buy the ticket but don't complain if it's not in the arena," I gave up.

"Thanks unni," she kissed me.

"The folks are looking forward for this family vacation so start making plans and saving."

"I will. Unni, uhm, Mark  came to see me at work the other day. He asked about you,"

"and?" I raised my brows. "I told him you are in Korea with your boyfriend,"

"Whaat?" I was ready to punch her.

"What do you want me to tell him. I was all hyped up to hit him,"

I breathe out deeply. "I'm over him okay,"

"Why don't you date a korean guy for real," Min Hee reached for the plates.

I shrugged. "leave the site where I can buy ticket for your concert," I changed the topic.

 

I was on my way out to meet my adviser when the delivery man buzzed. My brows creased. I signed and accepted the package. It's for Min Hee but I opened it.  My eyes went wild. I knew I wasn't supposed to open what's not mine but I had this urge I had to.  I hid the package in my closet and left the house.

I didn't see my sister when I came home. Mom said she was working late. She was serious in saving money for the Korea vacation.

She was still asleep when I left home. I left a note that I'll pick her up after school for a dinner before I drop her off for the concert.

I myself wasn't concentrating at work. I am going to see the CNBlue perform. I had no choice but to use the ticket I originally purchased for Min Hee rather than throwing it away. Besides, I also wanted to see how they perform.

Min Hee was shrieking when I handed her the ticket. "Unni! Is this a dream?" she was staring at the ticket.

"Go before the space fills up," I shooed her. "Call me once the concert is over. I might still be in town," I drove away from the entrance and tried to find a parking.

The whole area was full of girls. I still have 1 hour before the concert starts. I joined in the queue. My seat was far from the stage. The venue was packed. I am probably the only person in the audience who's not screaming during the performance. I tried to spot my sister in the arena but it was chaotic in the arena. I just sit and watched the band performed. I must admit, they are good. I never saw any korean group perform but they rock. The crowd were all screaming and joined the party.  I took a selca and sent it to Jong Hyun. I'm not sure if they check their phone. It's to . He'd been messaging me a lot.

The group came back after the first part. Yong Hwa did all the talking since he has the best command in English.

I was shocked when he said that they want to serenade the crowd with their new song. It wasn't on the set list but they decided to sing 2 of their new song. I recognized the intro and I can see Jong Hyun scanning the crowd. I made a low laugh. I guess he saw the message.

They sang Crying out and Jong Hyun was into it especially with I can't believe my eyes. He sang most of the song. I smiled to myself. 'Lovesick,' I murmured. They ended the concert with Try again, Smile again. They waved and bowed. Looks like no one wanted to leave. I called my sister but she's not answering. Jong Hyun was calling.

"Where are you?" he was catching his breath.

"Still in the venue. I'm waiting for my sister to...hey were you the one who sent the pass?" It suddenly hit me that he might have sent it.

"Yeah. Min hyuk was hesitant to greet her though,"

"It's ok. She was very happy. Thank you."

"Ji Yeon-ah, can we meet? Talk at least. I know you're mad,"

"Don't let those thing bother you. I know you have to leave early for Cali tomorrow. You need your rest,"

"Please even just few minutes," he was persistent.

"There's a sea of fans are all over the area. You don't want scandal," I tried to be reasonable. I also want to see him and hug him but chances are we'll get spotted and I don't want to take his rest time.

"please. I missed you so.." he was begging.

"Send me the hotel address. I have to drop my sister home and then I'll come and pick you up. I'll call you." I hang up. Min Hee's calling me. I text her where I parked and made my way out as well. I reach my car first. Mimi came few minutes later. "save it at home. I can't risk to be deafened."

"unni! oh my God! Min Hyuk...." Mimi don't know where to start.

"Sure. He's a nice kid. Don't forget you have school and work tomorrow," I reminded her. "I am meeting friends. Just tell mom and dad, I'll be late," Min Hee got out of the car. I checked the hotel Jong Hyun sent and I drove there right away. The four came out when I arrived. They scrambled at the backseat. "You have to squeezed in. I didn't know you're all coming. "

"We're sorry. We know you want to be with Jong Hyun alone but uhm, we want to see the beauty of New York as well," Yong Hwa apologized.

"I'll just drive you around and oh.. you guys ate yet?"

"Nope. We wanted to try something in New York." Yong Hwa answered.

I took them to one of my favorite restaurant. It wasn't crowded yet and most of the costumers are pro so there's less chance to be mobbed.

After dinner we drove to Brooklyn bridge. The 3 were so excited and they started racing with each other. Jong Hyun and I just walked.

"Still mad?" he asked

"I can't still forgive you for lying," I said flatly.

He nodded. We talked about their upcoming concert. I gave them heads up about Mexico and Peru's weather. I've been there twice and same month so I know. They've been to Chile once.

"Over here," I called the three. I took a photo of them at the bridge.

"Min Hyuk-ah," Jong Hyun handed him his phone. He moved and was standing at my back. He back hugged me. I turned to him and I didn't realized Min Hyuk was still taking picture.

"Kyaaa" Jung Shin shriek. "I'm envious"

"Shall we go? It's almost 2 and you have an early shoot tomorrow."

"I wish to spend more time here," Jung Shin pouted.

"Let me know if you want to come,"

"We will surely come back and that time, we'll have enough time," Yong Hwa said.