Chapter 6

As always!

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

When HyunSeung arrived home, the house still immersed in its usual stillness. But unclearly, something heavy was lurking inside the dark shades that casted by tired sunlight through half-opened windows, here and there. From the corners of his eyes, HyunSeung caught the glimpse of her shoes on the shelf next to their main door, it meant she chose to stay at home today. One of the best traits he so much loved about her was her sense of confidentiality, HyunAh never dragged out their personal problems to anyone else, even her closed friends.

When the living room opened in his view, couldn’t help but he was a bit shock by a large bouquet on the table; next to it was something flat - a small letter. 

HyunSeung casted his eyes around the house to find her figure but seemed the lady already had withdrawn into her own world. Slowly, he decided to gasped the letter, carefully contemplated it.

“Nice handwriting...” - HyunSeung thought... but soon his eyes were captivated by another image which force him to narrow the eyes in order to make sure his eyes didn’t delude himself.

“Lyrics by Kim HyunAh.” - The text said 

“Huh?” - His brow knitted to each other

He murmured something while quickly open the envelope and HyunSik’s hand-writing vividly exposed the feelings he had being succumbed for years.

“HyunAh... I really have no idea about how to tell it’s painful to watch you in such a tragic marriage. The love you have for him... will he able to return the same way for you... forever or at least in a long time as you always dream of?

When JiHyun gave me your poem, you cannot imagine how my heart was battered by it. And so, after a very careful consideration, I decided to make a song out of it. Do you remember how happy we were when you rapped and I sang back in high school?  Let’s do it together.

Call me...

Please don’t fail me. 

Forever yours...

HyunSik.

P/s: This is the expansion I wrote to complete the song:....” 

HyunSeung thought he must or at least yelped frankly to HyunSik’s words but strangely, he found himself in utter quiet. The paper completely absorbed all of his attention, though no one knew that it’s her poem or Hyunsik’s expansion had trapped him inside. Whatever bounded him left the young man in extremely exhaustion, as heavy as his whole body and spirit were chained to the hard earth and his limbs remained stiff for how long he couldn’t even realize.

Questions were dulling in those very clear eyes. The questions that he had not even think of recently... such as  this guy HyunSik really had no idea about how passionate they felt for each other or HyunAh refused to let him acknowledge of what was happening lately? Did she still leave a space for emergency escape? And did it mean that her heart forever was shrouded from the persistent notion that this love wouldn’t last forever? 

How to chain her, to forever trap that fragile figure in the embrace of love? And though this thought was familiar to him lately, the potency of its assault still nearly sank his heart down.

HyunSeung sighed heavily before returned the letter back to its original spot on their glass table. His eyes casted around the house then fixed on a particular colorful door, where he was sure that she might be focusing on her work. HyunAh, as any other artist, didn’t find pleasance in disturbing while creating her beloved job. And HyunSeung truly understood as well as respected that notion, though honestly, he wished that someday, she would let him in, silently watching that pure color-smeared face of her.

Bore in mind that idea and again exhaled roughly, he proceeded into their bedroom to hopped in more comfortable clothes then making for himself a cup of tea in the kitchen, the only place in the house always be filled with bright sunlight during the day. Fortunately, that’s all he needed to throw off all the mental tiredness.

“Oh, you’re home.” - Her sweet voice jolted him back to reality.

“Uhm.” - He responded.

“What’s happened? You don’t look so happy.” - She asked, worry started to emerge in her voice and blood gradually withdrew from her already pale face.

“No, everything is fine.” - He answered but chose to stay at where he was, didn’t show any sign for intimacy, which should be happened, specially after such a dire event of yesterday.

Sensing his unnatural behavior, she slowly approached the man and folded his hand into her small and warm palms.

“What is it? Am I the one who supposed to be uneasy?” - She asked.

“Briefly, Miri’s baby is not mine. Here, you can hear it when you feel willing.” - He said and dropped the recorded pen into her color-splattered apron’s pocket.

“Then tell me what’s bothering you.” - She insisted with more serious tone.

A long moment had passed before HyunSeung put down his cup of tea and gathered her frame into a tight embrace. His own voice echoed back into his ears...

“HyunAh, tell me. Why can;t you believe me 100%?”  

This time, it’s her turn to stay in silence but her hand slid up on his back as her head rested on the place where his heart was calmly beating. There were so many things she would love to tell him but for no reason, they choked right at . However her heart and mind screamed and shouted, nothing happened then. Of course, HyunAh was well aware of how uncomfortable her action hurted him... she didn’t wish to... just couldn’t...

“The letter, it hurts me...” - He said. Mid-sentence and she knew the rest...

HyunAh separated herself from him a bit then with both of her hands, she dragged his head down for a deep kiss. Reluctantly, he tightened his arms around her body, closed the small gap and let their tongue entwine like wild vines. Until be burning agony scratched their lungs for fresh air, the couple slowly parted their lips. And in front of his eyes, her tears formed sparkling streams on that porcelain skin...

“I don’t know, HyunSeung ah... I’m a coward...” - She softly said...

His thumb wiped the running tears but failed to interrupt the beautiful flow when she squeezed her eyes shut tightly, trying her best to suppress the painful memories...

“Give me a chance... give us a chance...” - He said while burying his face into her scented hair. Arms again tightened a bit more as if he was striving to ward off any insecurity that was flooding into her trembling body...

....

 

Sensual sounds echoed back and forth their bedroom... and the afterglow was beautiful as always. Holding her tightly in his arms from the behind, HyunSeung inhaled deeply, filled his lungs with her scent as if he needed the whole world’s courage to utter what he dearly wished to have.

“HyunAh...” - He said through the kisses on the back of her neck.

“Yes?”

“Let’s..... have a baby!”- Her soft body in his embrace stiffened immediately after his gentle words penetrated her ears as silence fell upon them. 

They all listened for another movement but there was nothing more than the sound of open air, but for he could predict her reaction and so didn’t have to urge for her answer. Instead, the young man gathered her closer, closed his eyes and sent a silent prayer to the God that what he did tonight would make strides toward strengthen their bond, that at least she could understand how serious he cared for her and truly wanna build a family with her....

That night seemed to be their longest one... but when the first sunlight lurked in their bedroom, HyunSeung for the first time, felt that their future began to be wrapped by a new enchanted web. Though many hardships still needed to be overcome before she could lay down all of her past ghost entirely, but.... 

“I love you... as always...”- He whispered to the sleeping beauty...

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

When HyunAh opened her eyes, the sun had already passed their highest point of the day. She found herself smiling a little when last night’s memories invaded her mind. Even winter touched the air, this room was still strangely so warm today... though he had left to his office, that lingered intimate feeling seemed to refuse its absence. 

A quick shower as intended turned out to a long one when her brain reminded about HyunSik’s proposal and from the bottom of her heart, she knew she wanna do it... back to those happy time when worry had not tainted their life... But how to not make HyunSeung felt sad... 

 

.

..

...

 

HyunSeung was frowning. His eyebrows were knitting deeply into each other for the fact his wife decided to accept the collaboration with her friend’s song. It’s not he didn’t believe her but annoyed feeling still nagging him since she had told him her final decision upon that issue. Being her husband didn’t mean he had the right to own his spouse’s life, as long as she still kept thing under control and decency.

Today coffee was terrible....

“What’s eating you?”- YoSeob asked after a while, watching his friend’s sore face definitely was a pain in his .

Sighed heavily, HyunSeung answered - “HyunAh decided to record the song with HyunSik.”

“So...?”- YoSeob raised his brow before sipping his cup.

“That guy loves her.” - HyunSeung frankly said.

“She loves you. You know it, man.” - The baby-face snapped

“Look, I am frustrated because the situation is uneasy for me, and I as of yet can do nothing about it. Okay, admittedly, she confounded me. I don’t know what to make of her and I don’t know how to tie her down.”

“You’re crazy about her.” - YoSeob’s voice was mild, though he was frowning slightly and HyunSeung, otherwise, allowed himself a quiet smile.

“Seobie!”- HyunSeung, suddenly, put down his cup, his eyes hasten on his best friend and in those spheres, YoSeob spotted something dangerous.

“Since you family is running a pharmacy, can you get a bottle of fake pill for me?” - HyunSeung asked, eagerness obviously couldn’t hide in his eyes.

“Yeah... but...” - YoSeob started to stammer... - “What kind of medicine... hey... wait...”

“Yes, fake protected pill... I wanna have a baby with her...”

In that moment, for the first time, HyunSeung thought YoSeob possessed bigger eyes than him...

To be continue...