Chapter 5

As always!

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

“Tomorrow. Everything will be ended!”

The night was deep but the man was unable to calm the turbulent emotions inside his hard to be disturbed features, all due to the sudden event that had happened 4 hours ago. Now, when he already set up a small talk with his ex tomorrow and leaving a short email for his assistant, his mind again slowly rewinded the whimpered scene that hurt him the most...   

HyunSeung, perhaps for the first time in his life and in deep panic while trying to hold her steadily in his arms because the woman he loved at the same time, struggling to push his body away from making reassuring interaction. 

 

“HyunAh, please, listen to me. It’s impossible! For me, to have a child with her.” - He could hear his own voice sounded wretched and racked by witnessing the pain in her eyes. Strangely enough, he felt it strongly, so powerfully as if he betrayed her though the event had happened before hand. The fear was not in he might indeed have a baby but the woman he was gifted by God could  again back to her own cocoon, shut her emotions down and worst, tumble backward several steps.

 

“I’m sorry. I tried to keep things cool but I just...” - She said, her voice quivering throatily and unable to manage the sentence last. 

 

“Look at me!” - He demanded, held her chin up to not let her sway away from the candidness he was expressing.

 

“I said it again. That child is.not.mine.” - He went on, desperately of how miserable that at this moment, no hard clue could be presented to ease her tears.

 

Not avoid his gaze, she mumbled - “I’m afraid... so afraid...”

 

His arms tightened more, pulled her frame deep inside his body as if no division could enter from now on.  - “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m gonna fix this soon. I promise!” - He said, lips crashed on her hair and the embrace naturally became a stronghold to ward off bad influence around her.

 

.

..

...

 

HyunSeung stirred in the bed. His face grimaced when a feel of paralyzation entered his mind, reminded him that he had hold her without relaxing all night long. Even the dream had tortured him by creating the scene of waking up to find her side of the bed was empty, and when he whispered her name, there was no response from the shadows that cluttered the room. 

 

A relieved sigh escaped his mouth when HyunAh was still peacefully cuddled in his strong arms, nothing was changed from the last image his eye had caught before drifting into a weary sleep. 

 

The young man tenderly withdrew his arm under her delicate figure, his pulses quickened as his woman whimpered slightly in her troubled sleep... Waiting a bit until that annoyed feeling was gone, his lips found hers gently before throwing himself into the bathroom.

 

No lavender odor... as always. HyunAh never missed her earlier bath in the morning, always before he woke up or at least in recent happy time. He could always smell that relaxing scent when he insisted on taking a shower together, especially after he had not able to resist her morning charm. A quick shower was enough for this morning, he reminded himself for many concerns should be eliminate as soon as possible. 

 

...

 

HyunAh was sitting on their kingsize bed, contemplated her husband when his figure appeared on the bathroom entrance... No sparkled in her very eyes obviously confirmed one simple truth, she was not in her best condition at the moment. The woman might not yet realized how painful that soulless face would cause to her man.

 

“Morning.” - He smiled heartily as a try to reduce the discomfort in this morning. Slowly approaching, he planted a light kiss on her lips.

 

“Morning.” - She smiled since the warmness he was transferring unto her made the intensity slightly took flight. Though the incident broke her down on her knees but at least, this man showed his unflinching feeling for her. She asked for no more!

 

“It’s kinda late. Don’t you have to work today?” - She asked while fixing his white shirt. HyunSeung always looked damn good in monotone colors, specifically, white, black and red. 

 

Sweetly, she pressed her lips on the place where his heart was throbbing underneath. A simple gesture for telling him how much she put her belief in him and the love they shared was true. An tight embrace was his responding.

 

“I’ll solve this issue today. If you feel bored, why don’t you go out with your friends?” - His voice hovered her head as the young man was burying his face in her scented black strands.

 

“Uhm... I guess I’ll be home today.” - She answered, nudging deeper inside his chest.

 

“What do you wanna eat for lunch?” - It’s really hard to resist her softness, her significant glamour, especially in such a sincere morning like this. His HyunAh, no matter how many curves life might throw to her, the loving and kind attitude never successfully left her behind. This was why he gradually but absolutely loved her till death. If he hadn’t had to fix the trouble, all he ever wanted to do was forever keeping her in his arms and trading intense kisses.  

 

“Uhm... Japanese foods.” - She poured her tiny tongue as snapping her head up to face him.

 

He jokingly furrowed his brows to indicate that her behavior was highly inappropriate. God damn it! Did she really wanna seduce him that much? She knew how disability he was every time her cute expression appeared on that face. - “Mrs Jang, on the behalf of your sensitive husband, I demand you to not act cute in this morning or he’ll be late surely.”

 

“Roger!” - She parted herself off him a bit, enough to perform military greeting pose. Face showed a ing lovely seriousness.

 

“Oh, HyunAh...” - He moaned resignedly on her shoulder and immediately caught the chance to gently bite her neck.

 

“AHH!” - She jolted slightly because of his action.

 

“That’s for vengeance.” - He said... the the first time in such a heavy air morning, the fainted laugh was echoed.

 

“I gotta go now. See ya at lunch.” - He kissed her one last time before departed. Hopefully everything would be settle back again on the spot it should be....   

 

....

 

HyungSeung stepped outside, took in a deep gulps of air, some of his tiredness instantly vanishing. It’s war time!

.

..

...  

 

HyunSeung was walking down the street to the restaurant where he would have his serious conversation with the woman he once liked so much, who now turned into a ugly version. With the well awareness of his reckless separation with her a month ago, HyunSeung strongly believed a private talk seem to be a perfect choice for everyone and plus, he also felt sorry for the attitude he showed to her. After what they had had, she had deserved a better way of saying goodbye but in that exhausted moment, HyunSeung couldn’t have kept the clear state of thinking and they had ended up illy. 

 

The restaurant’s employee guided him to the reserved room while informed that a woman had been there minutes ago. HyunSeung nodded politely to express his gratitude when they reached the door, said that he no longer needed further support from the young waiter. Took a deep breath, he turned the knob and walked in.

 

Miri was as beautiful as she was used to in his memory. Her face was brighten dearly when his figure appeared at the door but didn’t stand up, instead, she stayed at her position and waved at him, said - “I love to rush to you but doctor said our baby is weak. I’m sorry, baby. You don’t know how much I missed you.”

 

Sighed heavily, HyunSeung proceeded to his place, opposite to her without any response to her “happy” announcement.  

 

“You don’t look happy, do you? Don’t you want our baby?” - She asked melancholy.

 

“Look.” - He said in a very calm manner, genuine eyes on her as if he was craving for her honesty, to not forcefully destroyed her image in him. - “We both know the baby is not mine. You can fool my wife but not me.”

 

“No, HyunSeung...” - Her hands reached out for his, squeezed them tight and glisten moist started to create a show on her eyes - “You must believe me. The baby is yours.”

 

“I don’t understand why you’re so convinced yourself of that false intention. Many clues proved to me one simple truth but I am here to asking you a remorse for lying, also to persuade myself you’re the girl I once liked very much.” - He halted... waiting for her response, for her to admit the truth and for him to cling on the belief that she was not pregnant. Everything was just a lie.

 

“I am telling you the truth, HyunSeung ah.” - Streams of tears already ran free...

 

Another tired sigh escaped his mouth because of her silly persistent, the tower had already collapsed by her own hands. Withdrew back his hands, the young man’s gaze turned into disappointment, the passionate love was frozen, even himself couldn’t realize how cold his eyes were displayed before her, until blood drain ran out of her well make-up appearance.

 

“Miri, tell me the truth then even the baby is not mine, you will still have my support in case you wanna keep the baby. If not...” - He paused again... giving both of them the last chance to save this broken relation.

 

“The time is right HyunSeung.” - She insisted as if she was walking in him, to prove to the man that her words were no further from sincerity.

 

Regardless flicked in his dashing face, the young man resumed his own sentence - “If not, even the child was mine, I still won’t accept both of you. Have you not understood the situation yet? How many times I told you my marriage is essential for the families. It’s unbreakable. I really don’t want to push this already messy situation further...” - Even his patient voice couldn’t keep its tone as usual but the man held back the last part of what was in his mind for not hurting her more.

 

“I love you, HyunSeung. I truly love you. I won’t ask you to divorce, to quit your job, to pop up anytime, anywhere I want to. I’ll be good. Please.... please... HyunSeung...” - The tears bursted uncontrollably as she rose up, rushed to his side for a strong embrace... which he only said:

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

...

 

HyunSeung was surprised with himself on the way back home after dropping Miri at her apartment building’s entrance, coldly turned the car away from that desperate crying woman. Since with the most rational thoughts, he chose to cut with one determined lash rather than slowly removed the cord, which would definitely hurt everybody even more. 

 

“Who’s the father?” - He asked, monotone.

 

“I’m so sorry HyunSeung. I’m so sorry. He’s... he’s a guy I met in the club when we had drama over two months ago. I was very angry with you and I’m in deep regret for letting that happened.” - Tears, like streams, poured out of the trenches between her fingers as she was cupping her despaired looking. - “I thought I can fool your wife because you told me she’s a very nice person, so I can provoke her sympathy and she wouldn’t tell you. I’m such a fool.”

 

HyunSeung was not sure if he felt relieved or downhearted with her confession. Maybe both. All the things he did was gently touch the pen which lied silently through the fabric of his shirt’s pocket. The pen with build-in voice recorder...

 

To be continue...