Chapter 2

As always!

jang hyunseung, jang hyung seung, rancho, jang ten, js, beast hyunseung, beast hyun seung, jay stomp, kim hyuna, hyuna, hyun ah, hyunah, kim hyunah, troublemaker, trouble maker

The day had changed, from bright to brilliant autumnal glory, a sunny remission before winter took firm, disheartening hold. Although the air is warm but the chill remained with its freshness bite around the garden.

“Are you cold?” – He asked. She was in a long dress, reaching almost to her ankles, the sleeves touching her wrists, it was of a light material.

She shrugged – “In such a good day like today, no. With you, no.” – She smiled.

HyunSeung quickly put down a new cup of tea on the table, her favourite rose tea while looking around the garden, trying so hard to not let her witness the sheepish smile was blooming on his face.

“Thank you.” – She said when her slender fingers in porcelain skin wrapped around the cup. – “So warm.” – She commented whole-heartly.

He leaned back against the bench, somewhat breathless, his eyes fixed on her, watching she carefully sipped the hot tea. HyunAh didn’t enjoy tea with sugar or milk, she said she preferred the original taste, it brought so many unable to describe feelings, those didn’t need to be verbalized.

“HyunSeung ah, the tea is great. Thank you.” – She said it again without knowing those simple words turned into a swam of butterflies in his heart. She was always like that, appreciated everything he did for her, even some very very small and she expressed it, honestly.

HyunAh had never been a particularly social young woman, preferring the solitary delights of painting, books and music to the more cacophonous and energetic diversions of balls or parties like other rich ladies. She was gentle, warm and stay around her was comfortable.

“The weather is so good today.” – She said with eyes closed, face upturned toward the sun.

Reluctantly, he said – “Do you wanna hang out?”

“All day?” – She said, head titles slightly one side, eyes opened a bit wider.

“All day.” – He said firmly with a smile.

“Don’t you have schedule today?” – She teased in reply.

“Not anymore.” – Couldn’t help but the grin itself on his face spread happiness all over air around them.

“How about the book?”

“Oh, I don’t know you care about it too.”

They looked deep into each other eyes and seconds later, the wide space rang playful laughters, mixed with both male and female voice.

It was a clear day, blue sky and drifting white clouds…

.

..

They walked on, enjoying each other’s company, hardly talking, feeling little need to. Sometimes they stopped at one crowded spot, standing there in couple of minutes for HyunAh’s observation, which she would stick the tip of her tongue out as an nice excuse for – “Sorry, my job habit.” But honestly, he did not feel annoyed with it and strangely, he started to enjoy that quiet sensation while standing still among fast moving figures. Felt like the whole world was spinning around in slow motion and carefully embraced that sensation inside to sense this life more profoundly.

“I’m thirsty.” – She said

“Okay, let’s stop by the cafe shop over there.” – He said while pointing ahead.

“Why don’t we buy 2 take-away cups and sitting on the pavement?” – She recommended with her iconic lips pressing smile.

“Ah…. You wanna observe more?” – He whined

“Not really, but it’s boring if we do normal thing in normal way. Don’t you think?”

And did not wait for him to protest, she grasped his arm and walked faster toward the coffee shop. Sighed defeatedly, he joined her paces, felt a warm streak gradually weave a not-yet-realized web around his heart.

On the street that day,  people who walked by to say, none of them could help themselves from having a puzzled glance to the beautiful couple was sitting on the pavement. The girl was in her tiny flower dress and her black wool cardigan while the boy dressed himself in plain white T-shirt and jean pant. They made such a sweet young couple and their blitheness somehow infected to the air around them.

HyunAh was never a talkative person or he could say she knew when and where and what and how she should give comments. Before that he had assumed that perhaps they’re not a real couple so she hadn’t wanna interfere his probs but two years was enough for him to understand, HyunAh really knew how to communicate effectively and she truly respected his private issues. At first, he was very surprised since artist often didn’t express themselves through verbal way but she’s really good at it. Recently, HyunSeung wondered that he would trade this serenity for a dramatic life with an intense love? He didn’t dare to think of it often because the answer already made itself visible.

“WOA! HYUNAH DEAR!!!”

The excited sound knocked him out of his daydreaming and in front of them, standing a young guy… HyunSik, her friend.

“Hi there. How coincidently!” – She smiled at him.

The guy sat down before her, happiness sparkled in his eyes which in those, HyunSeung could get the a clear glimpse of only her image. This guy liked her, a lot.

“What are you doing here? – HyunSik asked her. without mention about why she sat here but not in any fancy coffee shop. Well, most of her friends knew she’s weird at some points.

“Enjoy the air.” – She answered while wiping a lost hair lock behind her ear.

Chuckle soundly as HyunSik get the flare from the ring around her finger – her wedding ring. – “Every time I saw that ring… it hurts me a lot, you know?”

“Sorry. I’m a married woman.” – She smiled and shrugged.

HyunSeung secretly glanced to his left hand to contemplate his own wedding ring. Lately, he wore it often… though HyunAh never forgot to bring it with her, even at home. The rings were very beautiful, designed by herself.

“Hey, HyunAh baby, dumb this business guy, marry me instead. You’ll be my only muse. In our wedding, I’ll sing my exclusive song for you and only you, like Marc Terenzi did in his wedding.” – The guy said playfully.

“Hey, hey…” – HyunSeung’s retort was sharp enough to make her peer up intendedly on him. he said, then hesitated to say more – “HyunAh and I, we’re life-time companions.”

“Ah……..” – The young man said with more resignation and bitterness. – “By the way, I’m helping GaYoon and JiHyun the plan for our vacation 2 weeks later. I intended to call you after we finished it but now, I wanna invite you in person. We’ll have 4 days trip to Jeju for new inspirations. Join us, pleasesssssssssssssssss!!!!

“I’ll think about it and ring you before the time. Okay?” – She smiled genuinly

“Oh, come on. We miss your rapping like crazy!!!!” – HyunSik whined like a baby while he cupped his face by both of her hands. Admittedly, the scene provoked something uneasy in HyunSeung’s stomach but the content him harder.

“You can rap?” – He asked her astonishingly

“You don’t know?” – It’s HyunSik’s turn to drop his jaw and mischief caught his face as he pressed on –  “This beautiful lady is our rapper back in high school. And one more secret, she’s really crazy!!!”

All things HyunSeung could respond was looking at her like she had become the 8th Wonder.

“Will you go with them?” – HyunSeung asked

“I’m not sure…”

… So then, 2 weeks later… she’s not by his side in 4 days…

When the thought of knowing her quite well hit his mind, reality bashed him harder in order to knock that sill notion out of his skull. HyunAh always seemed like was there but never completely, always further ahead one or two inches…

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

HyunSeung sat on the couch with Miri, silently but not completely present while she kept telling her stories and whining about problems she had met in her office. The house, though was warmed by the heat from their antique-like fireplace still sending cold touches into his heart. Things were so much different from the last year, when HyunAh was here, without a word but tranquil feeling had wrapped the place… No wonder why the very air grew thick and sad at this moment, too much that he had to breathed in deeply, as if to rid his lungs of stale air collected inside the house.

More than once, HyunSeung glanced to her workshop’s door and hoped by any miracle, HyunAh would unexpectedly appeared at it with a cup of hot milk in her hands and colors on her face.

HyunSeung was not alone, but he felt lonely.

“Do you wanna have a cup of hot milk?” – He sudden mid-sentenced her story, which he was not so sure what was she talking about.

“No. You know I don’t like it.” – She replied annoyingly due to his recently absence.

“Hot chocolate?”

“No.”

“Rose tea?”

“No.” – She said, almost like a shout.

“HyunSeung, what’s wrong with you? I like alcohol!!! And would love to have some beer or wine.” – Miri reminded her boyfriend with all of her high pit voice.

Oh yeah, she was alway a high energetic girl; maybe that’s how he had been attracted to her at first place but dramatic fights without a warning, gradually worn out affection between them… No! That’s not what it is! It just made a silent move, from noisy and y Miri to a calm and vintage lady… Kim HyunAh.

“I don’t have alcohol stuffs.” – He said

Miri was incredulous – “You lie… I’ll check myself.” – The girl jumped out of her spot and walked to the cooling fridge which laid silently in the corner of the room.

Admittedly, there’s one single alcohol drink in the house but they only used in special event – HyunAh’s sparkling wine but… strangely, he wasn’t happy to enjoy that light taste with anyone else beside HyunAh.

“I thought you don’t like alcohol?” – He puzzled when she toyed wih two slim glasses between her fingers.

“I fancy only this.” – She winked at the bottle. – “It’s sparkling wine. Very light and very easy to drink; that’s why you may drink too much unnoticeably and get drunk like crazy.”

“Just like you.” – He murmured

“What did you just say?”

As he thought, Miri came back with his wife’s bottle and the thought startled him… since when he gathered HyunA not as his good friend but as his beautiful wife…

“This wine taste like .” – She said after the first sip.

HyunSeung stared at her then he took a sip for himself… the wine did have different taste… not the cozy one but the nostalgia…

“HyunAh, I miss you.” – The line was dancing

“HyunSeung, when will you dumb you wife and marry me? I am tired of waiting and if my memory doesn’t fool me, I brought this up more than three times already. Oh, and quit that frigid job of yours. I am sick at waiting at the end of the line.” – She said

HyunSeung stared at her as if finally a thunderclap rang in his ears. After a moment, he softly said – “I’ll drive you home.”

Miri stopped dead. “What? Did I say it wrong? Why you always treat me like this? You were very sweet in the beginning, now you changed!!! What the hell’s gotten into you?” – She shouted and soon, tears found their way. Incredulity turned into exasperation.

“Maybe we should stop here… before we hurt each other more.” – The voice was sad but determinate as it slowly escaped from this throat.

“Are you serious?” – Her eyes widened for she hardly got his words’ meaning.

Slowly, he nodded.

“Is it something to do with that , that wife of yours?”

He felt a cold sensation in the pit of his stomach and fought to keep his voice from angry. – “Please, i’m just tired.”

Miri thumped down her glass on the table and strode to the door, collecting her coat over an armchair on the way – “I never understand you, HyunSeung.”  – She said

His reply was apologetic – “I’m sorry.”

She paused in the doorway – “Maybe you shouldn’t bother.”

“Maybe you’re right.”

With a twitch of disgust, Miri disappeared into the hallway. HyunSeung blinked at the slamming of the front door.

Once again, he sat down onto the sofa, the sparkling wine glass held over his knees. His face was troubled, and his thoughts were of one and only woman – Kim HyunAh.

Sighed heavily, HyunSeung dragged his tired body to his working room and started to dip himself into papers with fainted hope that her image would willingly leave him alone. Surprisingly, it worked awkwardly until midnight came…

Perhaps he was too exhausted or maybe he was gone too far into hallucination that she was there, gleaning on the door with a cup of hot milk in her hands.

Occasionally when they both have to work late, HyunAh often walked pass the opened door and stopped there for a moment, like she always said – “I love your expression in focus. It’s beautiful.” Then sometimes among those times, he would have approached her, taken the cup and bottom up in one drink.

HyunAh would have widened her doe eyes and stammered – “M… my… “

For him, he would have grinned to her, saying – “Thank you.”

Since long, drinking the same cup with her was natural for such a cleaning obsessed person like him. But above all, she’s the only person fancied his serious like working expression… He had thought no woman would like the face of not gathering her existence.

Then he realized, he felt it so deeply, so intensely, that he did not understand how his heart could bear to continue to beat but he knew what it felt like. And… he knew…

“HyunAh… I think I loved you already.”

To be continued…