What about that champagne

I am empty

The dinner that was now in both mine and jonghyuns stomachs had made us very sleepy. We didn't talk much while we ate, just focused on eating. We move to the living room. I sprawled across a grey sofa while jonghyun sat in a love seat next to me. We just laid there in each other's silence. It wasn't a awkward silence, it was one that was calming, one where we listened to each other's breathing. A smile was on my face. I was happy to have company. I was happy. 
"When I was a kid I use to watch the stars with my older brother, up on a hill near our house. He would tell me all kind of story's..I remember all of them." 
I tilted my head back to gaze at jonghyun, to see him looking at me. 
"Yeah?" I say softly. 
"Yeah, would you like to hear one?" 
"Sure."
Jonghyun slightly shifted in his seat, propping him self up more. He cleared his voice and his lips. 
"This story was my brothers favorite..its a weird one that I never quite understood.
There was once a boy who could fly, he had wings like ones of a Angels.
He would fly high up in the sky, until no one could ever see him. 
He liked to not be seen by the humans. They always said the worst to him.
The only time he would come down to ground was during the night. Where not a soul would be out. But there was a time where he seen one person. 
After seeing them his feathers began to fall off. Day by day he would have less. 
The boy didn't care though. The feathers were sure to come back one day. But they never did. And slowly the boy began to change, slowly, into a person who could only stay bolted to the ground. So then on, he looked up at the sky, only to have a hope for it all to come back to him. But it never did."
When jonghyun finished the story I thought there would be more to it, but there wasn't. I just laid there thinking of the story that he had just told me, and the more I thought about it, the more I began to understand it.
"You say you don't under stand the story?" I ask jonghyun, now moving to sit up so I can look at him more properly.
"Well, why did my brother liked such a sad story makes me wonder why. What's the meaning behind it? Why did he always tell me this story?"
"Your brothers story was one with a message I'm assuming. A simple way to explain the story is that one day, a boy meets somebody, that person changed them. The boy slowly starts losing himself. I'm guessing the boy hung around this person a lot and they suddenly left him. Making the boy want to go back to his old self. Only to find out he's stuck, and will never be the same again." I say this all while looking at jonghyun, seeing his reactions. I couldn't read his face, he was looking down. 
"My brother sounded like that boy..he use it to be a lot more happier when I was 7 and when I turned 11 he completely changed...he was 16 at the time, when he-" jonghyun couldn't finish his sentence because the rest came out as choking sobs. 
"When he..left." 
I tilted my head, sadness in my eyes. What happened to jonghyuns brother?
"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, slightly shocked by the turn of events. 
"No, it's okay..I'm just so sensitive..in two more days its his birthday. He's all I can think about lately." Jonghyun says all this while desperately trying to whipe the tears away from his face.
"I'm such a cry baby. Heh." He says this with a weak smile. 
I get up from the sofa and make my way to jonghyun, wanting to comfort him. Wanting him not to cry. To not feel pain. I sit next to him in the love seat and wrap my arms around his waist, my chin resting on his shoulder.
"well then how about we pop open that champagne to get your mind of things?" I say almost in a whisper. Scared that if I speak loudly I will only make him cry more.
Jonghyun moves his head head slightly to look at me. A small smile appearing on his face.
"That sounds like a good idea."


(I'm so, so, so, sorry for not posting...)