little bundle of perfection

Babies Ever After

--

“Oh God, now I remember why I don’t look at s.”

Donghae finds it really hard to appreciate the miracle of birth when he’s staring at a little person being pushed out of such a tiny hole. He and Eunhyuk would be standing by Suzy’s head right now, but the screaming woman (who keeps yelling at them to “GET THIS DEMON BABY OUT OF ME!”) kept grabbing their hair so much that Donghae already has a bald spot.

“Donghae, all the straight left in my body has just left me. You can now rest assured from this day onward that I am completely gay.”

Eunhyuk is also visibly horrified at the disturbing sight. Since this is already so painful to see, he can only imagine how painful it is for Suzy.

“Just a little bit more…” they try to ignore the fact that the doctor has been saying that for the past five minutes.

“After this is over, we really need to get Suzy a fruit basket or something.” Donghae tells his husband. “This must hurt like a motherer.”

“And here she is!” The beaming doctor holds up a little, screaming baby girl in his arms. Donghae and Eunhyuk choose to ignore all the blood and other gooey stuff their little bundle of perfection is covered in.

Donghae gapes, “Please don’t tell me the first word she heard her daddy say is ‘motherer’.”

--

“This is taking forever.” Sungmin whines. Nobody tells him to shut up because they all agree with him.

The labor itself took a whole day, and it’s been about twenty minutes since Donghae burst into the waiting room just to tell them that it’s finally time to start pushing. They have nothing against childbirth, even if it is Eunhyuk and Donghae’s baby, but why does it have to take so goddamn long?

“Remind me what we’re doing here again.” Gunhee grumbles as Heechul uses his shoulder as a pillow.

“Because Sungmin and I had a bet that the baby’s gonna come out ugly. We have to be here to settle who wins fair and square.” He explains with a yawn.

“What if it comes out beautiful?” he asks.

“What are you talking about? It’s Eunhyuk and Donghae and Suzy’s baby. What are the chances of that happening?” he clucks his tongue as if Gunhee has just said something completely ridiculous. “Sungmin bet that she’s gonna get Suzy’s nose, and I bet that she’s either gonna get Eunhyuk’s eyes or Donghae’s brain.”

“What’s wrong with Suzy’s nose?” Kyuhyun inquires.

Beside him, Sungmin scoffs. “Oh, honey, do not get me started.”

A few more minutes of waiting later, Eunhyuk shows up in tears, babbling about being a father. Though no one can understand him since he’s crying so hard, they assume the best and follow him into Suzy’s hospital room.

They’re dumbstruck when they come in and find Donghae lying down on the hospital bed, crying and cradling a baby in his arms. If they didn’t know any better, they’d say Donghae’s the one who had just given birth.

“Shouldn’t you be the one in the hospital bed?” Kyuhyun asks Suzy who’s resting on the chair by the bed.

“Yeah, but Donghae started hyperventilating and had to lie down.” She grunts as she tries to adjust to a more comfortable position.

Meanwhile, Sungmin and Heechul are too busy ogling the newborn. “Oh my God, it’s beautiful.”

Donghae smiles. “Aw, thank you, Sungmi—”

“There’s obviously been a mistake. This creature can’t possibly be the product of either of these two. Your must have been mixed up with someone else’s.” Sungmin continues. “Are you sure the doctors didn’t switch your baby with someone else’s?”

“Believe it or not, Sungmin, the three of us actually managed to make something beautiful.” Suzy says, almost bragging. “She’s perfect, isn’t she? I think she looks a little like me.”

Donghae compares their faces by studying them closely. “I don’t see it. I think she looks like Hyukkie.”

“Aw, I think she looks like you, Hae.” Eunhyuk gently pets the back of his daughter’s head, taking in every bit of her preciousness. “I can’t believe this is real. I can’t believe we actually have a baby.”

“Can you believe she actually came out of my privates?” Suzy chimes in.

“Please, Suzy, we’re trying to savor this moment. We don’t need to conjure any disturbing images in our heads.” Donghae never takes his eyes off his baby Yuki. She just looks so cute and soft and small that Donghae almost wants to eat her up.

Moments later, everybody leaves to take Yuki to the nursery, everybody except Sungmin who’s still in shock from witnessing the actual miracle that is Eunhyuk and Donghae’s baby. Suzy takes this chance to climb back into her hospital bed and get some real rest after the harrowing experience she’s just had.

“Sungmin, I want to tell you something.” Suzy tells him, an ambiguous smile across her glowing face.

“What?”  he asks.

She pulls him closer and whispers, “I want to keep her.”

Sungmin pauses in shock. “Oh God, we’re gonna end up on the news.”

Suzy is still smiling, apparently failing to realize what’s so wrong about her decision. Sungmin, on the other hand, is starting to sweat from the panic.

“What the hell are you talking about, you crazy ?” he hisses. “When you got into this, you knew that you would have to give her up.”

“I know, but actually seeing her like that...I don’t want to let her go.” She admits. “I gave birth to her; why can’t I bring her home with me?”

“Because you’re just the surrogate mother.” Sungmin says bluntly. “That may be the result of your eggs, but it’s still Eunhyuk and Donghae’s baby. And even though I love making those two idiots suffer, even I think it’d be too cruel to take their child away from them. Just think, Suzy, they’ll be crushed.”

“Did you ever think that I might be crushed too?” she knows that Sungmin is right, but she still wants so badly to take the baby home with her. “It’s only been like ten minutes and I’m already in love with her. Eunhyuk and Donghae have been in love for years; this is my first time to fall in love.”

Sungmin hates comforting people (except if it’s Kyuhyun) since it makes him look soft, but drastic times call for drastic measures. He sighs and puts a reassuring arm around the morose girl. “Hey. It’s not like you’re never gonna see her again. Eunhyuk and Donghae would definitely want you to visit every now and then. You’ll be her close aunt Suzy.”

She snorts a little, “I’ll also be her only aunt that doesn’t stuff her chest with oranges and dresses like a e.”

When Sungmin doesn’t react, Suzy assumes that he didn’t get her quip. “I was talking about you and—”

“Yeah, I got that.” He says bitterly. “You’re lucky you’ve just given birth to my best friends’ baby or else I would have killed you by now.”

Suzy laughs and hugs him as a thank-you for making her feel better. It’s kind of funny, because Sungmin is usually doing the opposite. She just loves it when Sungmin’s nice side comes out like this.

--

 A few hours later, Eunhyuk and Donghae have returned to Suzy’s side to keep her company. She’s still a little emotional, though the doctors say that that’s perfectly normal. While Donghae is making a list of all the things they’re going to spoil their daughter with, Suzy holds Eunhyuk’s hand and makes him promise something.

“Take really good care of her, okay?” she says, sounding a little somber despite smiling. “If you let anything happen to her, I swear to God, I will kill you.”

Eunhyuk chuckles. “Don’t worry, Suzy. You can rest assured that Yuki is in good hands.”

When a nurse comes in with Yuki and says it’s time to start to try feeding, Donghae prepares himself by baring his chest. Eunhyuk makes him put his shirt back down.

“No, Donghae, you are not feeding our baby.”

Donghae merely rolls his eyes.

--

Word of advice to Kim Saeun: Girl, make Sungmin’s hard, not his life.

(Oh, and happy birthday to Shindong!!! (and me whut) ^^)