Favourite Cafe

Love Is A Very Complicated Thing (A Love Triangle) [DISCONTINUED] ):

---JiYeon P.O.V---

Another boring day. I woke up from the glaring sun shining through the window which I have forgot to draw the curtains to. I grunted annoyed that I couldn’t go back to sleep as much as I wanted to, a small part of me didn’t feel like doing anything today; just stay in bed and mope about Joon not being by my side. I know it sounds so pathetic but seriously that was what I felt like doing but of course that’s not going to be what I’ll be doing. The bigger part of me said to get my up and do something productive, so I dragged myself off my bed sighing in the process. I looked out the window, it was absolute gorgeous, there was not a cloud to be seen in the sky. I opened the window and stuck my hand out; temperature was just right. Unfortunately the whether did not suit my grey mood. Quit being such a mope! Do something fun today! The weather is great and it’ll be such a shame to just stay home. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath holding it for several seconds before releasing it. After thinking I decided to go to my favourite café.

I still remembered the first time I stepped into the café. I was with Joon, we only started dating recently and we passed by the café.

 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey look they have a couple’s special!” Joon said when he saw the sign that was placed outside the café’s door.

“Hmm… that’s weird it’s not even Valentine’s Day.”

“Oh who cares? Any day can be Valentine’s Day!” Joon said with enthusiasm.

I just giggled. Joon took my hand in his and we both entered the café, mellow music played softly. The place wasn’t very busy there were only a couple of other people; well the café was located on a quiet street so I guess it won’t be that filled. I looked around the café, the walls were a light blue colour, there were clouds painted all over the ceiling and the tables and chairs were white. It was plain and simple; I took an instant like to the place. We took a seat and a waitress dressed in a cute apron approached us and provided us the menu.

“Today we’re having a couple’s special.” She said in a bubbly voice.

I couldn’t help it; I just had to ask about the random couple special.

“Why is there a couple’s special when it’s not even Valentine’s Day?”

“Oh, well our café has this special rule where every day there is some kind of special, today is couple special, yesterday was “be happy” special. There’s always a different special!” she grinned.

“That’s interesting! I’ve never heard of a café like that before.” Fascination filled Joon’s voice.

I had to admit that that was pretty creative. I’m seriously liking this café by the minutes, there weren’t many places I like most probably because nowadays there were so many places where it’s so noisy and I preferred pleasant and quite places, this café suited me.

Joon and I looked at the menu; the couple’s special was meatball spaghetti enough for 2 and a glass of Iced Chocolate. Pffttt the spaghetti was totally a replica of that ‘Lady and the Tramp’ spheghetti scene but that’s cool, the scene was indeed very couple-like.

We placed the order and the waitress bowed and went to the counter.

“This is such a pleasant café, I’m glad we walked in.” Joon chuckled.

“Yeah~~ I like it already.” I smiled.

The orders quickly came and the food was fantastic! I’ve never tasted nicer meatball spaghetti than this, I wanted to eat the whole plate but then of course I couldn’t I mean I had to leave some for Joon, couldn’t be so selfish haha.

We quickly finished the meal and I rubbed my tummy; satisfied.

“Wow that was soo good.” Joon gave a contented sigh.

“I know! This place has officially become my favourite café.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

So after that we frequently went to the café, sometimes they have the craziest specials and Joon and I end up laughing at the ridiculous names. There was one called “Wedgie” special; I couldn’t stop cracking up to that one.

I went through my wardrobe wondering on what I should wear. I ended up with skinny jeans, spaghetti top and a thin cardigan to go over that. I didn’t want to go to the café alone so I decided to ring Yuri up to see if she was free. Thankfully she had nothing on so she agreed and told me she will come and pick me up.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Hey Hon! Long time no see~” a smirk on her face.

I chuckled at her ironic statement, entering the passenger seat next to her as we drove to the café. The place hasn’t changed much over the years everything was same except the fact that there were more customers now, I wasn’t so surprised the place had good food and customer service. It was bound to have loyal customers.

Yuri and I took our seats and soon a waitress attended to us.

“Today we’re having a “bestie” special!” the waitress said with a smile on her face.

Yuri and I shot each other a smug smile. Oh wow coincidence much?

“We’ll take that!” Yuri told the waitress in excitement.

I nodded my head and the waitress gave a tiny bow and took her leave.

“So how’s Joon? All good yeah?” Yuri asked.

“Yes, all’s well he landed safely. We chatted for a while, almost 2 hours.” I chuckled. ”How’s your hangover?” a smirk on my face.

“Urghh it was really really bad when I woke up but now it’s actually alright, thank god my mum know remedies on how to get rid of hangovers or else I won’t be able to meet up with you right now,” Yuri rested her face on her hand; elbow on the table. ”Seriously, 2 hours gal! That’s not long at all!” sarcasms drenched her words. I gave her a small smile, fiddling with the napkin on the table.

“What the hell!”

Yuri and I stop our conversation and swerve our head to where we saw a lady, a very angry looking lady and a waiter profusely apologising to her. It seems like the waiter has accidentally spilt the lady’s drink. Opps this lady doesn’t look very kind; I don’t think this is going to end so well.

“I’m so sorry!” the waiter said another time while wiping down her table. The lady’s face showed displeasure.

“You better be thankful that I’m in a good mood today, or else I would have asked your boss to fire you!”

Geez talk about over reacting girl. For goodness sake he only spilt a drink. I gave the waiter a once over and was about to continue my chat with Yuri when realisation seeped in. No Way. I quickly looked at the waiter again; he looked exactly like the guy from the bar! I couldn’t stop staring, I was about to walk over and find out if it was actually him when he walked away into the kitchen. Wait why do I even care? I don’t even really know this guy and I want to find out about him?

“JiYeon! HELLO?! Earth to JiYeon!”

I felt someone shaking my shoulder vigorously, I snapped back to the moment. Yuri was giving me a ‘what the hell’ look.

“You alright there? I mean you totally zoned out to another planet girl! I was asking you a question but then you were like in lala land.”

“Lala land?” I said with an amused smile, “who uses the term lala land?”

“I do so shush, anyway what were you thinking or should I say looking? Do you know that waiter?”

“Errrmmm…. No I don’t know the waiter.” I replied.

Yuri gave me a sceptical look. “Okay~~, if you say so… but you were thinking of something,” she gave a smirk “come on, share your thoughts.” She said in an animated voice.

“It’s nothing really.” I looked down at the table.

“Why, were you thinking about Joon again? Want to keep all your dirty thoughts to yourself?” she smiled evilly.

“What no!” I was horrified. Yuri laughed and I felt a twinge in my stomach knowing the fact it was not Joon that was in my mind but some other guy, I waved the uncomfortable feeling away.

A few minutes later the waitress arrived with our order.

“Sorry for the wait.” The waitress gave us an apologetic look.

“Don’t worry about it!” Yuri replied chirpily. This girl seriously is a ball of sunshine.

“Oh wow this looks so mouth-watering!” Yuri stared at the seafood platter in front of us. I could feel myself almost drooling.

“What are we waiting for let’s dig in!” we grabbed our cutlery and dug into the food in front of us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

advice. comment. subscribe^_^ hehe