XXIV - Who is Thunder?

You And I Plus LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

XXIV - Who is Thunder?

 

GD clenched his fist and tightens his jaw as he watched Dara and the Thunder guy dancing together from the second floor where VIP lounges are. He almost breaks his glass of hard rock when the lad put an arm around Dara's shoulder as they leave the dance floor. And the girl just let him! She even smiled. Dammit!

 

"That Thunder guy sure is overly familiar with our Santokki, huh?" Top materialize beside him with a glass of wine in his hand as he watched the scene below as well.

 

"So what?" he acted nonchalant and not bothered as he turns his back on the railings.

 

He can sense Top smirked beside him. He hated that smile which he knew has a complete wickedness behind.

 

"You know, you can fool anyone other than me. I can sense that your bothered but just denying it. Or rather forcing yourself not to be bothered by it. We've known each other for so long. I know when your pretending or not," he said.

 

"You're talking non-sense hyung," he snorted.

 

"Maybe," he shrugs and turns serious this time. "I know, it's hard. That you are still in pain. I understand where you are coming from. But, dude, for how long? I watched you suffered when Dara left. I witness everything. You became miserable when she was gone. And you still are until now. But G, how long will you swallow yourself from pain? I'm not telling you to forgive Dara and accept her again. Just listen for what her explanation. Only then, you can decide what's to do next. That's the only way to free your heart and move forward. When are you going to make a move? When it's too late already?"

 

GD put down his hand limply and stared blankly ahead. He did not say anything as he absorbed Top's words.

 

"Let me just remind you, man. You're not the only one who can love her. Dara is a very gorgeous woman. There are a lot of sharks everywhere ready to snatch her away. Are you sure you can handle the fact that she's no longer yours? Are you ready to lose her?"

 

This time GD looked at him. Top turns to him and smiled lightly. He reached for his shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze.

 

"Love is a rarest fish in the ocean. That's why, if you able to caught one, don't ever let it out of your net. No matter how it struggles from your grip or stung you with their dorsal fins."

 

Then Top left him with those deep words. GD watched his hyung's retreating back. Though Top played a lot, he can be serious at times. And when he did, he always made a point.

 

GD's gaze fell towards Dara's direction. She was smiling and even laughing while conversing with Thunder. He never had seen her that way ever since she came back and starts pursuing him. In fact, her smiles were forced and the familiar glint in her eyes was gone.

 

Is he ready to hear her out? Is he ready to risk again?

 

What's the use of running away from pain when you're already in pain?

 

Everything was taken away from him. Why is it hard to chase a bit of happiness?

 

_______________________________________________________

 

"So..." Dara looked at Bom with inquiry as they seated in front of the bar. Thunder was dancing with Minzy on the middle of the dance floor.

 

"What?"

 

"Thunder. He's not bad," Bom said before jugging her drink.

 

"Of course! He was there with me when I was in States. When I'm sad, he's always there to cheer me up. I don't even know if I survive those years if not for him," she said with a small grateful smile on her lips.

 

Bom looked at her as if reading what's running on her mind.

 

"Do you...love him?" she asked carefully.

 

Dara frowns and laughed. "Of course! What kind of question is that?"

 

"What?!" the latter straighten out from her seat. "How about GD? I thought...you want him back?"

 

Her forehead forms deep creases. "What about GD? I love him. And yes. I want him back. That's why I'm doing everything for him," she answered. "Why are you asking me these questions, Bom? You sounded weird."

 

"Wait, Dara?! I'm confused. You love GD yet you said you love Thunder as well," Bom's face contorts with confusion.

 

"Ah huh. Wae? Is there something wrong with that?" it was Dara's turn to be confused.

 

"Wrong?! Hell yes! You can't possibly love two different guys at the same time! That's obnoxious! It's not fair!" Bom reacted hysterically.

 

"What? I don't understand you, Bommie. Why can't I love Thunder? He is my b—" all of sudden, Thunder came towards them cutting her off.

 

"Oh my! This place is awesome, Dee! It was so fun!" Thunder cheers in English clearly enjoying his new found haven.

 

"I can see that. You looked like having a blast," she answered speaking the same foreign language.

 

"Hell I am! And Minzy here is a great dance partner," he said patting the latter in the shoulder.

 

"Really?" she turns to their maknae and switched to speaking Korean. "Thank you, Minzy-ah for accomodating Thunder."

 

"It's okay, unnie. I had a share of fun while dancing with Thunder-ssi," Minzy smiled at her.

 

Bom can only groans in frustration when their conversation was interrupted. She was close enough to pinned Dara with the Thunder issue. She needs to know what's between Dara and this new guy.

 

Thunder was like a kid eager to know new things about the underground. He even watched the fights happening in the octagon excitedly as if it's like the same UFC he watches in the television. He mingled with the underground people, dance with Minzy, Sol and D-Lite, share jokes with V.I and Top, converse with CL and Bom. It's only GD he didn't get along well. It's not as if he's not trying but the latter ignores him while the others were cool with Thunder.

 

It was at least expected given the fact that the guy is really close to Dara. And GD was obviously jealous of him whether he denies or not. It was crystal clear to see.

 

Only Dara was oblivious.

 

When Thunder came, the girl put her attention on him. Sometimes she would ignore GD unintentionally but of course.

 

"Let's dance, Dee! The music is good," Thunder pulled her to the dance floor as the booming Sober (by Bigbang) played on.

 

Dara cannot do anything and grooved along with Thunder while laughing as they make ridiculous random dance moves.

 

V.I watched her from a far with a faint smile drawn on his lips. He was happy seeing his noona have fun despite her illness. But when his eyes caught his GD hyung from upstairs watching his Dara-noona and Thunder dance with mixed somber and jealousy, he cannot help but to feel bad. What will happen to his hyung if he finds out about his noona's condition? Especially that Dara was hell-bent and stubborn not to do the operation unless she gets back GD.

 

Plus the fact that nobody else knew except him and probably Thunder. He was just glad that he's not the only person who has to carry the

Please log in to read the full chapter