XVIII - BACKTRACK: Unofficial Status

You And I Plus LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

XVIII - BACKTRACK: Unofficial Status


After what she witnessed and knowing what must GD's feeling right now, Dara felt bad. She can't imagine how much pain he is keeping inside. She doesn't have any idea about his life. It must be very difficult growing up without his own parents with him. No wonder. GD had a rough life as a child that he ended up in the underground.


Knowing his mom abandon him causes GD for who he was today. Dara thought of him as cold, annoying and heartless man that he shows to everyone. But in truth, he's a lost child inside. She felt awful because she judged him hastily. She always assumed the worst when it comes to him.


And as she realized, she never gave him a chance in the first place.


Dara watched GD from behind with sadden eyes as the latter stands in front of a house behind the shadows of a tree. Laughters can be heard from the inside breaking the eerie silence of the night. Dara already figured out that it was his mother's house that his Aunt had said. And his mother is also the same ahjumma he once saved the other night.


GD must be following her ever since he found out all about her. That's why she always see him around the area. That makes sense.


She watched him when the gate of the house suddenly opens revealing the ahjumma, GD's mom, with a large garbage bag in her hands. Dara saw GD distinctively steps forward but stops and looks away when another figure comes out right after his mom.


"Omma, let me help you with that. It's heavy. You should asked me to do it," a teenage boy sweetly said to GD's mom as he helps her with the garbage.


"Aigoo! My son is so sweet!" GD's mother said with gentle smile on her face as she ruffles the boy's hair.


Dara gasps and covers as she saw GD painfully watched his mom being affectionate with her another son. While GD must live life alone all these years. It's so cruel. She suddenly wants to take him away from that dreadful situation. He doesn't need to witness this. It's so unfair.


GD stands there broken until his mom and her son went back to their house. Dara doesn't know what to do. She can feel his pain even from the far. And she can't do anything about it.


When GD turns around heart broken and Dara didn't bother to hide. His eyes are red from unshed tears as he weakly looked at her. She did not need to think and immediately envelop him with her small body, arms tightly around him.


"I'm here…" she whispered.


She felt his body shakes and finally let himself lean onto her. His silent sobs piercing her heart painfully.


"I…am here, GD-ah," she tightens her hold on him hoping somehow it will help him ease the pain.


___________________________________________________

 

"I was eight when omma left me with my Aunt's care. She promised me that she will come back. I waited. But she didn't come. And Aunt said she already abandon me," GD said while they cuddle in her bed at her apartment. They stayed there after he lets out everything to her. He was telling her about his life. "I didn't believe her at first. Not until I saw it with my own eyes."


"What do you mean?" Dara asked as she looks up to him. Her head is resting on top of his chest while he caresses her bare arms.


"The day I first saved you before is the same day I found out that she's living here already. I was too happy because I thought I could be with her finally. But before I made myself stupid, I sa

Please log in to read the full chapter