Chapter 5

Demons Among Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ji... Jiyong.” I barely tried to stop my hiccup and it failed miserably. My eyes blinked several times to reassure myself, I’m not imagining things again, aren't I?

 

 

“Are you okay?” His soft voice suddenly became familiar, too familiar that I felt the longing, the pain and wounds felt like yesterday. I somehow found comfort with the trauma I recalled. 

 

 

I was soon embraced with my body freezing astoundingly. He rested his chin on my shoulder as he caressed my back, I closed my eyes and wished this won’t ever end, that we stayed like that until I can collect my self to make it whole again. I sniffed the goodness gracious musky smell he’d always had.

 

 

Who am I kidding? I hated him my whole life but this simple warmth from him was enough for me. I found myself leaning on him too comfortably as I opened my eyes. I was taken aback with the man across the street. Several people passed by without noticing him or should I say they really can’t see him. He stood still, feathers of his bows peeking over his left shoulder, his gaze were burning, piercing with unknown madness. Rain soon followed. 

 

 

*

 

 

“What?” 

 

 

“I said...” I inhaled deeply to fill my lungs. I repeated myself the third time even though I knew she heard me well. “He came to just give me that.”

 

 

“To give you what? A what? Wedding invitation? That damn bastard is crazy!” Her screams felt like she’s just beside me. 

 

 

“Yah, calm down. He also checked me if I’m okay.” I suddenly ran my palms on my face, remembering how unpleasant I looked when I opened that door as I felt a little regret not looking at the mirror first. Though I know, he wasn’t really concern with my well being. He might be... brushing that wedding in front of me to show me that he moved on. I was too naive again. Ughhhh. 

 

 

“You’re gullible.” I could feel her rolling her eyes on me. “I have an idea so I can get out you of your .”

 

 

“What are you planning again? He- Hello? Chaerin? Lee Chaerin?” She hung up. 

 

 

A reflection was staring back, I wasn’t able to recognize any resemblance of my old self anymore. It seemed I aged ten years sooner than I should be as my sight landed on my parents portrait and all I could do was sigh. The wedding invitation was pretty lying on my crumpled bed. It was sleek black with gold lining and elegant calligraphy of their names. I didn’t even dare to read the date nor the name of that girl. 

 

 

The doorbell was taken advantage as my eardrums almost gave up. I knew it was her and before I went down the stairs, she already opened it with a spare key. I just silently hit the side of my head against my knuckles remembering that I gave her one. 

 

 

“Come on!” She showered me with sparkly clothes with variation of colors. Her grin went bigger and bigger the more she put one up against my chest. “This suits you. Now go take a bath.” 

 

 

“Wait! Where are we going?” 

 

 

*

 

 

The place was extravagantly huge, it has dome glass roof that I could see clearly the gloomy night sky. Clouds surrounding the city, stars were aloof and hiding. Even the mood did not made its cut. This club was sitting on the 45th floor of a five star hotel, catering magnificent Seoul 360 view. Palm trees were everywhere, I’m about to get confused as I realized this was an indoor beach club. 

 

 

The DJ booth was in the middle, half of the place was man made beach while the other half were group of lounges and a space for dance floor. There were also VIP rooms on side, each with their own mini pools and huge thick curtains draping down. 

 

 

People looked dashing and expensive. I thought I won’t belong here if Chaerin didn’t fix how I look earlier. Liquor were flooding every table with their own butler, dressed in Hawaiian set of push up bras and long drape of floral cloth on the waist down their ankles. I wonder if they were feeling cold as I felt the shivering breeze on my shoulder and chest. Stupid, I was dressed so tinily as well and I’ was no different with how they feel. 

 

 

“You’re expecting me to forget everything with a party? Seriously?” 

 

 

“Where do you even think we were going given that mini dress and heels that I push you to wear? Silly.” Her grin never left her face. I didn’t deserve her to be very honest. She’s the most beautiful blonde tonight. Her eyes were sparkling as she moved her hand while explaining things enthusiastically. “Every year, bachelor men gather in this premium hotel and meet single ladies. You might meet Mr. Right tonight! The important note here is, no one can enter easily unless invited. All the filthy riches are here. So this is an exclusive event and I got a pass from my daddy!” 

 

 

My eyes looked like judging. “Daddy?”

 

 

“Come on, don’t look at me like that. I'm not pertaining to my strict dad. The daddy I’m telling you is that person, we kinda fling a couple of weeks ago.” She pointed with her finger on a group of people that I never laid my eyes on. 

 

 

I got more confused the more she explained. “Who? I thought you and Lee S-“

 

 

She cut me before I can say his full name. “I ended him.”

 

 

“Why?” I rounded my eyes in dismay. 

 

 

“He’s too busy with his business.”

 

 

“Isn’t that- a good thing?” The confusion never left my face. “Like for your future?” 

 

 

A tall handsome Caucasian guy made his way to us as he caressed her cheeks and devoured her lips like he was thirsty for years. I felt the second hand embarrassment as I looked away awkwardly and when they were done I whispered. “I’m going home.”

 

 

Before I co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter