Chapter 2

Demons Among Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snowflake landed above the head of my best friend as I glanced at her, curved my lips. She’s too tired but still look good as hell. Crimson was the color splattered on her face which I wanna touch to get some heat. Then the stranger heaved a deep sigh, but seemed frozen with the below zero degrees. 

 

 

“It has been five...” I stopped myself midway. “Wait-“ 

 

 

Chaerin nudge me with her elbow as she waited for me to look at her, but I was taken aback. Still shocked with the words I uttered. “This must have to do with that guy.” I mumbled, not minding if she heard me or not. 

 

 

I stood up and waited for the bus, the light blinding the three of us. She was somewhere behind me cursing and questioning my actions as I patiently waited for the last person to get off the bus. It was futile, it was confusing, it was... strange. “Where is he?”

 

 

“Where is who?” She pulled me, facing her. “Are you okay Dara? Are you having episodes again?” 

 

 

“I’m not schizophrenic Chae. I know what I’m seeing and doing. I’m telling you, this happened again. I mean, this happened yesterday I don’t know if the day repeated or what. I’m just sure it repeated but there’s missing. The guy in leather jacket didn’t show up.” I had to stop to catch my breath and continued. “I know, this is his doings. He’s not human.”

 

 

“Alright. Okay, okay. I believe your leather jacket man.” She lied as she rolled her eyes. Blonde hair flipped before she grunted. “Come, I don’t wanna be left behind. This bus is the last trip.”

 

 

Eyes of mine were gazing the nothingness, city lights passed by. I was drowning in my thoughts. Still thinking about that man whom I followed and was mesmerized with his whole being. I’m not afraid nor aghast. 

 

 

I’m more of curious. Curious with who that entity was and why I’m seeing him. I know for sure he’s not a ghost, not a demon, not a reaper. I’ve seen things since the accident five years ago. 

 

 

I almost died. I could still feel that terror of knowing your heart stopped while peering at the darkness of the sky. Not sure if I’ve been to heaven or if that was just a dream. 

 

 

Gravity pulled my sanity back when Chaerin barged in my thoughts. “Dara-ah, did you take your medicine? I’m not saying you’re psycho or what. I just want you to be okay.” 

 

 

“Aish, I told you I’m seeing real things and not imaginary. Chae...” Her sigh became heavier as I decided to stop explaining things that she won’t believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter