It Was And Always Will be a Dream

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinyoung, is there anything wrong?”

He flinched, as the other mentioned his name. He looked at Jaebum and shook his head, giving a small smile to reassure the guy that everything was, indeed, okay.

There was nothing wrong, really, well at least not that Jaebum knew of. Earlier, he had this dream that the guy next to him went to his house, pinning him against the wall, and kissing him.

That one dream that made things hard for him.

He couldn’t even look at the other straight in the eye right now. As soon as he woke up, he stood up and went straight to the shower. He just wanted to make sure that he wasn’t dreaming anymore.

Though, just like in his dream, Jaebum did come to pick him up. It made things worse that it felt so real, like Jaebum did pin him against the wall, and that they did share a kiss.

“Hey, are you seriously okay? You seem a little flustered?”

“I- I am. I was just thinking.”

He could feel a hand on his forehead. Jaebum leaned in, and the guy was dangerously close. Their lips were only inches apart and with one small move, they would meet.

“You’re burning up, are you sure you’re okay? We can cancel if you want.”

“Uhm, Jaebum, green light.”

“Oh, right.” The guy pulled away, going back with driving. “I’m taking you home.”

“I said I’m okay, Jaebum., no need to overreact.”

Jaebum was smiling at him. For a day, could he just have the power to not see the lips of other people? “There’s the Jinyoung I know.”

“To be honest, this is your entire fault, you and those pair of lips-“

“Excuse me? Did you just say me and my lips?”

“I-“

How on earth would he get out of this situation? He should’ve just shut his big mouth and agreed to be drove back home.

---

“Are you sure I look okay, Jackson?”

“Of course, love. You look perfect.”

He chuckled, pinching the other’s nose. That was totally a biased comment. “I’m serious, Jackson. This is your grandfather we’re talking about.”

“Mark, you look perfect. My sweater looks good on you.”

He had to borrow his boyfriend’s clothes, because he didn’t have such formal ones. Jackson’s sweater was a bit oversized, considering how the sleeves were already past his wrist.

“You look fine, love, no need to worry.” The other reassured. “What about me, how do I look?”

“Handsome”

“Really?”

“You’re always handsome.”

“I’m more handsome without clothes on.”

Well, that was true, but he couldn’t really say that out loud now, could he? “Shut up”

“You know, we still have time to spare. We can go to an alley and do it at the back-“

“Don’t even start, Jackson Wang.”

His boyfriend laughed. Was it really pleasing for the other to be teased like this? Though, what was to be shy about? They had about four rounds of , but no one had to know about that.

Maybe because it was something new to him, that he actually liked it. Or maybe, it was because he was with the person he loved.

Either way, was still . He would be lying if he said that he didn’t enjoy it.

“I was only joking, love.”

“I know”

“Or, maybe, we can-“

“Would you rather go alone?”

“I’ll shut up now.”

“Good” He said, smiling to himself. “It’s bad enough that I have these…. Marks on my neck.”

“Well, I guess you can say I left a mark on my Mark.”

“Did you just…”

“I’ll really shut up now” He could see his boyfriend grinning from ear to ear. How could the other be so relaxed? They would be having dinner with the person who had been trying to separate them. “Don’t worry too much, love.”

“I can’t help it. We’re having dinner with your grandfather, you’ll be leaving, and I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

“I won’t be leaving for good, Mark. Two years won’t be that long.”

“I know, but in between those months, how can we survive?”

“Love, don’t tell me you’re doubting our relationship?”

He was, actually. He was afraid that they might not have the time for each other. Not all long distance relationships had happy endings. There was no one to blame but fate. His boyfriend was destined to be the next CEO for one of the biggest companies in Korea, and he would be stuck in a mediocre job with enough salary to live on.  

With all these thoughts of negativity and fear, he realized that wasn’t helping their situation. Didn’t he say that he would focus on the present?

“I’m just afraid that I might lose you. I love you, Jackson, and I can’t do anything but be afraid right now.”

“I know, Mark. I know you’re afraid. Do you think it’s easy for me? I just got you, and now we’re being separated.”

The silence that followed was painful. He badly wanted to say something, but he couldn’t think of any to make this less painful than it already was.

“Mark”

He couldn’t look into Jackson’s eyes, he just couldn’t.

“Mark, look at me.”

Tears, tears started to stream down his face.

“I said look at me, damn it!”

The car suddenly stopped, and it felt like his soul just got separated from his body. He looked at Jackson with terrified eyes, and he could see the regret from the others. His hand made its way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter