Answered Questions

The Price of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why was it that whenever good news came, there would also be bad news with it? Why was that always the case? Why couldn't it be good news only?

What was the good news? Mark's Dad could be discharged from the hospital, the day after tomorrow, considering that he had no more present complications and had responded well to the treatments. They were only keeping him until that day just for assurance.

That wasn't only good news, that was great news, perfect news. 

But, as he said, good news was always accompanied by bad news. 

The problem was the dilemma of most people- Money. They needed to pay for a lot of bills- the room, the treatments and the procedures done, and the other things Mark couldn't comprehend. They had already asked for the billing statement for until their last day, and when he checked the total, it was much higher than they expected. His Mom had been taking overtimes, but she could only contribiute about one-fourth of the total amount.

They had a day, a whole day to think about this. Maybe, he would skip class, just to find some quick cash. He couldn't tell his Dad that he was jobless, it would only make his Dad think about the payments needed. 

The only way for quick money was Jackson. The latter never mentioned anything about their deal, so maybe, they were still on. Mark wasn't sure. Would Mark agree, if ever? Of course. Even with what happened, he'd still agree. He'd do anything for his family's well being. 

That was, if Jackson still needed him. But as of now, things looked a bit bleak.

He just finished his long, hot shower, and Mark must say, he missed havig alone time. Before Jackson and Jinyoung came, he was always a person who walked alone. He was the type of person who never minded being alone. He wasn't an introvert, he just enjoyed it. 

That was before. 

But now, the peace was gone. The two boys came into his life. Two different people. He wasn't complaining, though. He was happy he got to know the two, even if they disrupted his peace. Maybe he needed to get out of his comfort zone. 

The only problem was, his feelings for two are slowly changing. He never intended to. 

Jackson was a total douche bag, a bad guy, but witha soft spot. Mark wasn't even sure how he grew a liking towards him. It was weird. It was still a mystery, how he fell for Jackson. 

Then, there was Jinyoung. He was so caring, so kind, so bubbly- He was Mr. Perfect. He was also starting to like this boy, and it was frustrating him.

Before, he would only think of school. But now, he had these people to think about. 

How complicated was his life? Very.

All these thoughts made him hungry. He decided to go to the kitchen and cook some instant noodles. 

He would think of something, he had to, he needed to.

The first thing he would to tomorrow was ask Jackson. He was willing to set aside everything that had happened, for the sake of his Dad. 

---

Jinyoung had described himself as a person who never used violence as the outlet for his anger. That was always considered as the last resort, and if possible, he wouldn't even resort to it. He wasn't considered a pacifist, he just hated the idea of violence. 

But of course, he had to bend his rule some time. 

He had a fight with his best friend. Though, he wasn't even sure if the word still applied. He never wanted any of that sort to happen, but, he couldn't hold back anymore. 

Jackson constantly screwed up, almost on a daily basis. He kept hurting Mark. It pained him, whenever the redheas cried. It was like seeing a little kid cry. Something had to be done. And so he did, he stormed to Jackson's pad and punched him, hard. 

He knew Jackson wouldn't back down, being the athlete he was. But, Jinyoung didn't care. Jackson deserved every punch he got. 

They had to stop at some point, and when they did, Jinyoung apologized, and soon left. Right now, he was on the way to the Tuan's. He knew Mark would get angry at him, but it was worth it.

Though, something was bothering him. During their brawl, Jackson said something. 

"I don't know okay? I don't know why I kissed him. I am just confused as Mark is."

Kissing someone only meant that Jackson liked Mark, right? What possible reason could Jackson have to do such? But, wasn't Mark someone Jackson could never fall in love with? Jinyoung was sure, that was why he was chosen to be the fake boyfriend. 

Jackson even told him that he waa confused. Did that mean he was having internal conflicts? Contemplating whether he felt something for the red haired boy or not? At this point, he wasn't sure anymore. 

But, what if Mark felt the same way? Was that possible? 

He stood in front of the front door. It was already ten in the evening, and Mark was probably asleep. But, he came here to see Mark, so might as well. He took his phone out, and dialled the redhead's number. 

"Hello?" Mark said groggily. So, he was asleep.

"Hey, Mark. Sorry to wake you, but I'm at your front door right now." He didn't want to prolong things. He heard shuffling beyond the door, and soon, it opened. 

Mark wore a loose gray shirt, while wearing some sweat pants. He scratched his left eye, like a little kid. 

How can I not love this person?

"What happened to your face?" Mark asked, frowning. He was talking about the bruises that blossomed on Jinyoung's cheek and the one near his lower lip. 

"Well, you see... Funny story actually-" He awkwardly laughed. 

Mark crossed his arms. "You told me you wouldn't do anything, Jinyoung." The said person bit his bottom lip. Mark groaned and dragged him to their living

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter